Upgrade to heroic??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kase, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Kase Augur

Noticed a long time ago, just now asking, I have had the option in my inventory screen to upgrade to heroic toon level 85... I'm 115... is this just a bug or am I missing something?
    Froglok likes this.
  2. Xerzist Augur

You can still upgrade a 115 to "heroic" to unlock whatever comes with it.

It won't change the level of a 115. You'd get all the spells 1 - 85, the gear, the bags, the plat, bayle marks, etc. I did it awhile back on my bard but I am not sure it was worth it in the end lol.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There were free heroics given a few times in the past, thru expansions or special anniversary rewards etc.

The option will stay on your account until you use it then it will show 0.

You can make a new character and up it to 85 right away or use it on an existing character of any level.

If the level is over 85 then you will get the items: bags, 15k plat, a mount. These items can only be claimed on the first heroic character you make/upgrade. If you remake him then you will not have those claims on the remade one. You cannot remake the Heroic given that was given before 2014.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

I did it on my main when I returned after a break from GoD->VoA. It grants you the progression AA's from OOW and DoN. To me that made it totally worth it. YMMV depending on your tolerance for going back and running ancient content ;)
    Xerzist likes this.
  5. Kase Augur

Sounds reasonable about the bags etc... I was thinking it may have to do with maybe skills also...like IE Alcohol tolerance a heroic toon has them basically maxed.
    This toon maybe 18 years old and has maxed stats but just not the perks like bags etc, and I have actual heroic toons on the account so it wouldn't get anything if I clicked it...
  6. Celephane Augur

The option will always be there though, unless you use it. The only characters it doesn't light up for are the ones that have used it already.
  7. Zamiam Augur

If you have not used that Heroic slot before then you would get the bags + pp mount and gear .. doesnt matter if you have heroics on that account or not , as long as you havent used that heroic to make a heroic then delete it .. you will still get the items that heroic comes with for FIRST time use.. after first time use then no you will not get the items ..

as was stated above YMMV on if you think using a Heroic on a 115 is worth it just for the items and the OoW and DoN progression or if you want to create another new toon and Heroic him up to 85 .. and im pretty sure this is the free heroic that is reusable so if you make a new 85 and decide you dont like you can delete him and get the heroic slot available again (however pp +mount + gear are all one time ) also just to make sure its reusable if you try to delete a Non reusable heroic it will ask you to make sure if you want to delete toon cause you will loose this heroic permanently .. so make sure you read the text before you hit yes and delete a heroic ..
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh, wow I never noticed that! Thanks. On my characters who went Heroic the green button that says "upgrade character" is missing. But on other characters who have not upgraded it is still there!
    Celephane likes this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You were going from 65 to 85, as well as gaining 20+ levels worth of AAs, in addition to those progression AAs.
    The discussion here seems to be more regarding those who are higher level. When VoA came out, most people could have easily solo'd all of the MPG trials, and likely even solo'd the DoN tasks and raids to get the same DoN AAs the progression way; Yar`lir might have been the only one that still really required a group or more to beat to get you the same AAs as the Heroic upgrade gave. Additionally, if you want the final DoN Progression AA you still have to go back and do all of the previous content anyway.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

I should have mentioned I was already lv100 (with RoF open) when I did it; and was in the middle of faction grinding DoN... and well I just burned it for the progression AA's so I could get back to work on current content. (as I'd found a feeder guild to join and was working to be able to raid with them)

I only gained a couple of AA that I pretty much didn't care about or need anyways from it. I guess the marks were helpful in paying my rent for a bit ;) I'm pretty sure my resists went up too, but its been so long I can't argue with ya on that ;)
  11. Allayna Augur

I’ve used it to do DoN progression and MPG progression. Only thing you need after heroic is a Vish kill.

If they ever decided to actually upgrade heroics to level 100, with epics, they’d make that money back that they spent coding it.

I’d buy/use heroics just to get epics on toons.

This would be a nice trade off since account to account transfer is clearly gone for good.
  12. Zamiam Augur

If they ever do increase heroics to lvl 100 I hope they NEVER include Epics with them ..
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just a comment about skills. If you haven't played in a while, or, there are skills you haven't tried to raise in a while, you should know they made a change about a year ago, where skills which are WAY lower than your current cap will now increase VERY quickly.

You mentioned Alcohol Tolerance. I had tried occasionally over the years to raise it, and gave up paying any attention because the increases were ridiculously few and far between. I'm talking, cap at ~500, current skill ~190, and maybe 30-40 attempts per skill up.

After they made the recent change, I bought a large stack of ale, and started in. I made a skillup on every attempt for just about 100 attempts (to the high 200s), and then about half of all attempts for the next 100 or so.

Short version: If you're thinking of using a heroic ticket to max some skills on a higher level char, give a shot to manually raising the skills first. You may be pleasantly suprised!
  14. gnomeboss Augur

if i upgrade to a heroic on an existing ftp account, can i do the heroic aug quests? some of those aren't prestige and are solid for ftp toons.
  15. Zamiam Augur

yes you can .. and the heroic augs are NON prestige so you can use them ..
    gnomeboss likes this.
  16. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Not gonna lie - I wish they'd include PoP flagging in the heroic... or remove the requirement from Grimel... or give us the ability to trigger the gods/events.
  17. Shanarias Augur

I have a bunch of heroics, and I launched them all as new characters. NONE of them came with bags of plat. Am I missing something? I have always had to go kill giants for quick money to support greedy and inept mercs.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well it depends. You only get this stuff the first time you make the Heroic. You will even get all those AA on a F2P and Silver account:
    All Heroic Characters will be battle ready, and geared to explore Norrath! They will start with the following:
    • 15,000 Platinum
    • Jungle Raptor Mount
    • Two 24-Slot Bags
    • Spells
    • Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA’s)
    • Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
    • Food, Drink, and Ammo
    • 100 Bayle Marks
    If you made it once and delete that one and make another then you will not get all that stuff.
    Killing Hill Giants sounds like a TLP way of making plat since plat drops so much on Live servers that you can easily buy your spells and usually if you got the merc in the tutorial he is free for quite a few levels. So was this on live or TLP? Are you sure they are Heroic? Level 85 right away? Did you claim the items? IIRC mine usually show up in the quest reward windows.
  19. Nniki Augur

As CatPaws mentioned, check out your reward window. Should see a set of rewards like so (as long as they aren't remakes):
    [IMG]
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

You only get the plat on the first heroic you make. If you delete that character and make a new heroic, you don't get the goodies.