Six zones? SIX ZONES?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Oct 14, 2020.

1. grovthing New Member

Yeah by 2022 they should have all the zones remastered.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  2. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

Remember The Broken Mirror? 5 zones. One was Windsong. One was CoDecay. One was that zone from SoD where you fight Queen Malarian, one was an original, and one was an exact copy of the original with different art. Seems to me like they're doing more with less these days.
  3. Sobmre Augur

Only six zones BUT
    ALL ZONES WILL HAVE SHIP TO SHIP COMBAT
  4. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Another thing to keep in mind is how many useful zones. Think back to House of Thule. 12 zones. The two t1 zones were, at the time, pretty redundant. The gear, while tradable, was inferior to even t8 in Underfoot so the zones didn't get a lot of use outside of blitzing through quests or doing hunter. The four t2 zones did get use as they weren't locked so the casuals could go xp there or gear alts. Although the Well was tiny and Erudin Burning's mix of live and dead made it unpopular. The four t3 zones were locked and anybody that could unlock t3 could unlock t4, so the zones served only as a speedbump in progression. The two t4 zones were used as farming and xp areas until the next expansion.

So while HoT had 12 zones, only 4 or 5 actually saw consistent use after the first month. The rest were generally empty outside achievement hunters.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TBL was excellent for new zones, with Plane of Fire being the only zone we had seen before. Need more of this! Each zone had a different feel althought Empyr and Aalishia were very similar. TBM I felt was very dark and bland, the only bright zone was Plane of Health and that was more of a hub than an exp zone. I'm seriously sick of white zones and I'm hopeing we have some colour in the next one, but I'm starting to doubt that.

Hoping 2021 expansion has more variations on zones, with lots of brighter zones with more colour.
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

In before the final raid is an undead frostlord riding an undead frost dragon who is killed by the nameless taking the form of a young girl assassin.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. That0neguy Augur

Did you just body shame her? That's not cool in 2k20.
  9. Bumkus Elder

if the two cut valleys in WW are from just two of her claws, then Veeshan would have to be an entire expansion.
    Leigo likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Like I tell my kids at dinner.

You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zaray like this.
  11. kizant Augur

What made SoV good was the raid content, some cool zone designs, and a couple good quests. It had a lot of empty wasted space, content for low level players that few people bothered with, dozens of useless quests, and silly faction games that are thankfully no longer needed. It made sense at the time to divide up the raiding server population since it was so large but it was extremely annoying. If they can focus on just the good parts it'll be a good expansion.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Galliana Elder

Also, SoV had 3 separate factions with 3 types of armors and you had to faction for the armor to fit your class. TOV/COV has no such thought. Just Snowbound armor that drops like candy and is as worthless as Defiant.
  13. Tevik Augur

So youre saying Vaniki is really the most powerful being in all the universe?
  14. Leigo You come here often?

[IMG]
    Veeshan is watching
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Six zones are better than none. Personally I'm happy that keep this great game going.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Andarriel and Fanra like this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

She's just really big boned.
  17. Zamiam Augur

this post is uncalled for ..
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

And then start again?
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Maybe they had two kids... Or was it another pair that was Kerafrym's parents? I am only half awake now and don't remember.

The Void however has a view that is solar system wide which is effectively at the end of time, and her corpse is far, far away.
    To be fair, one of the T1 zones was supposed to be a single zone with one of the T2 zones, but they ended up splitting them. That was a common occurrence back then. They can make larger zones now that run well, compared to what they could back then.
  20. Simaril Apprentice

>>She does not fit in a zone

But what a great idea for a zone, an outdoor zone on Veeshan's back with it's own ecosystem, and you can see her wings, head, and tail off in the distance! Get on it graphical designers!
    Nennius likes this.