The EverQuest Show

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Oct 15, 2020.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

https://everquestshow.com

I think Darkpaw Studios are fools to not hire Fading - at least on contract - to do media content for [at least] new expansion announcements.

Fading, I know you're busy. But the last update on your site was from July 21,2020. Is this project dead?
    Duder likes this.
  2. Maedhros High King

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think it goes without saying that travel and interviews in 2020 are a challenge.
  3. Astral64 Augur

I'd prefer all their resources go to making new content.

Successful youtube channels tend to build their own following.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Video is made>Video gets watched>Video is well done>Video helps to draw in new/returning subscribers>Income for DPG>Greater income can be used to hire new folks (admittedly, this hasn't always been the case)>New folks can create more/better stuff>More/better stuff makes players happy>Happy players sing the praises of EQ>More new/returning subscribers and so on...

My point is that very well done videos that get noticed can be a very great benefit for this company. And they don't have to be costly. Youtube has got to be the greatest gift to advertising since the pencil.
    Coagagin likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

He said he works for a news/media organization. Fading/Kitt probably gets paid very well in his current job. heh.
    Yinla and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hope so. He is talented and does a really professional job of it.
    Coagagin likes this.
  7. Astral64 Augur

Well obviously that is the dream. However it is more often not the case.

Putting those resources into more/better content is a sure thing and good for everyone, including his show.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's a balance, for sure. I think DPG has room for improvement though. :)
  9. Fading Illusion Augur

Hello all!

I appreciate the great feedback on The EverQuest Show. I wouldn't say that it is dead, though at this point, I'm swamped with RL. It is a time-consuming venture, but one that I truly love doing.

I'm in the process of moving and transitioning into a new career position, and that's halted things for the moment. But hopefully soon I can get something posted.
    While I don't have the next episode in production, I do have the bones for it (already shot some things, and leftover dev interviews that still make for great content).

As for Darkpaw, they have been nothing but generous and helpful for the show. As for hiring, while it would be a DREAM to work there, I am quite happy and well-paid at my current job halfway across the country from San Diego.

Thank you all for the support!
    Fading
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Glad your doing well, hope the new position works out well for you & the EverQuest Show :)
    Nennius and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for responding, Fading. Your passion for The EverQuest Show project is palpable and your content is nothing short of riveting.

I appreciate all you've put into EverQuest and The EverQuest Show. Happy to hear your career is moving in the direction you want.

Cheers, friend!
  12. jeskola pheerie

any update? bring back The Everquest Show!
  13. Sprooce Lorekeeper

Love that series, thank you very much for it!
  14. Fading Illusion Augur

Saw this resurrected, so i wanted to respond.

I AM looking to resume episodes later this summer. As ALWAYS, I'm begging for content, assistance, ideas, feedback of whatever you'd like to contribute.

I have recently moved and a new, fully dedicated studio will be in the works.

I have a a Lost Episode(s) that will contain content and interviews that i shot over the pandemic, but never got around to producing into a show.

I hope to bring that to you before Fall.

Stay tuned. And thanks for the continued support.
    Fading/ Kitt
  15. Coagagin Guild house cat

I'll put my thinking cap on for this one.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

We were just talking about this last night between raid targets. Glad to see you are continuing.