Six zones? SIX ZONES?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

I don't know if its a lack of resources or laziness but I don't care. That is pitiful. LoY had six zones but it came out five months after PoP. You've had a year and likely will recycle old Velious zones like with ToV and this is the best you can do?

Why are you even bothering, Darkpaw?
  2. Monkman Augur

This year has been difficult for everyone, be happy we’re getting an expansion.
  3. Sancus Augur

Six zones has been the standard for years. ToV had seven zones because Crystal Caverns was split into Ry`Gorr Mines and Crystal Caverns. EoK had seven zones because Kor-Sha got split into Kor-Sha Laboratory and Gates of Kor-Sha.

I agree the lack of new zones in ToV was disappointing, but they have done a much better job of retexturing zones in recent years.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So we can count on you not being in CoV zones? Perfect. Thanks for the heads-up!
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I agree! i think he should go back WoW!

Andarriel
  6. Traxen Lorekeeper

don't tempt me
  7. Hekaton Augur

This stuff was probably pre-planned before covid broke out. 6 was more than likely always going to be the release point.
  8. Rajaah Elder

Six zones just means we've got more speculating to do as to what's included.

I'm thinking Wakening->Cobalt Scar->West Wastes->Necropolis->Temple->Sleeper's Tomb. Have Skyshrine be in ruins and just completely skip Siren. Been hoping that Kerafyrm would show up for one last go-around in this expac, but it looks like the bad guy might be that sweet Zlandicar/Nagafen hybrid in the artwork.
  9. Cannikin Elder

Are you new here? 6 zones is average for the past half decade.

ToV: 7 zones
    TBL: 6 real zones + 2 instance only (one of which is just a single tiny room, the other a straight copy-paste that's not even a reskin)
    RoS: 6 zones
    EoK: 7 zones
    TBM >5< zones

The last time we had an expansion with more than 7 real zones was 6 years ago: TDS with 8.
  10. Hekaton Augur

i'd think it be Cobalt Scar (since new othmir models made the patch), Sirens grotto, Western wastes, temple of veeshan, sleepers tomb, and necropolis. It seems to be focused on dragons so this would be the way to get to more dragons. skyshrine is super tight quarters and it would lead to WL which has like growth and more giants and a dragon or two. not the focus of the lore.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

Let’s hope for at least 1 new zone per expansion and not a total refurbished rerun at the same content.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Rajaah Elder

It also occurred to me that Cobalt might be the first zone here. Wakening/Growth/Skyshrine could be their own expac (plus a couple new offshoot zones) if they wanted to. However I doubt Velious 2.0 is continuing past this next expac. Also hoping for a Kunark 2.0 Pt 3 with the eastern lands like Sebilis and a Trak return.
  13. Hekaton Augur

it depends on if they abandoned TBL or not. that was definitily 1/2 of an expansion. If not they'll probably move onto luclin again. There is a metric ton of zones there so i don't know how they're going to pare it down. Its going to be awesome when they do the LOY revamp and split it into 2 expansions.
  14. Riou EQResource

Prepare to be disappointed :p
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sancus and eqgamer like this.
  15. Riou EQResource

5/6

Also 5/6 :p
    Rajaah likes this.
  16. Rajaah Elder

This was a fun riddle. I'm going to guess yes to both Siren/Wakening and no Sleeper's Tomb, which is disappointing for sure if it ends up being the case. Though it could also be Necropolis that got dropped. They'd be insane to not include Temple.

We shall see!
  17. Riou EQResource

It isn't wakening lands, the 6th is in your previous post, but wasn't in your list :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I know this is a no, but: PLANE OF MISCHIEF
    Scila, Elyssanda, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  19. Allayna Augur

I’m aware of the zones for this year ...

I was referring to expansions going forward, we’ve rehashed zones from Kunark and Velious, Time and VoA over the last 6 years. I’m just saying, it would be a nice change of pace to explore new areas of Norrath, rather than revisiting the same zones.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Riou EQResource

Would be nice :)

Would be nice yea, just wonder if they are doing it to also make it easier on the (probably limited) Artists since the zones surely don't take as long as brand new ones since their geometry or structure and that is pretty much the same of what already exists

If you liked Great Divide and Eastern Wastes in ToV I suppose CoV is pretty much similar or slightly better since there aren't like 2 zones you already played "recently" with RoF (with new "ice shader" stuff applied this time)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.