Add a 'Destroy' option to autoloot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nitrocutter, Oct 14, 2020.

1. nitrocutter Journeyman

Hello,

Long time player, first time poster. I hope this is the right area.

I am frequently in Fort Mechanotus and have filtered loot to 'Never' for a large amount of quest items that can't be sold to vendor.

I have lots of options to loot and who to send it to etc, except not a 'Destroy' option. I have to loot each corpse after making it a free loot option and manually destroy each item. I don't want to just leave the corpses as this causes lag.

Is there any way to auto-destroy any item I have put as 'Never' without having to manually loot each one and destroy it?
    If not can it be added as a feature in a future patch?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would prefer a filter added for "automatically leave on corpse" than a destroy option, a destroy option would fill up your recovery window (visible via vendors) all too fast & negate the usefulness of that feature.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

/hidec npc
  4. nitrocutter Journeyman

You can just use the "Set to: " <leave on corpse> and it will do just that.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  5. nitrocutter Journeyman

I want to see the corpses so I can clear them. I guess I could /hidec npc and let others get lag from it.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes but a filter option would be "set & forget" & removing items from the list that are not wanted helps to reduce the memory buffer issue connected to advance loot system that can lead to it becoming buggy &/or crashing people out.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and minimind like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You also don't have to use adv loot. You can turn it off and go back to the old way.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The REAL issue here of corpses not poofing when autolooted even with /hidecorpses looted is being missed.

I aways use /hidecorpses looted, but autolooted corpses still remain in world. I have to manually "loot" (open corpse container) to trigger the /hidecorpse.

This has always bothered me. It is inconsistent with /hidecorpses looted.

The other annoyance of autoloot is the zone distance issue. With autolooot on, when I'm kiting several mobs and a mob dies a distance away and autoloot fails. The autoloot window DISPLAYS the items, but LOCKS them <derp> If you're going to itemize them, like acknowledge they're my loot. just autoloot them already.
    cadres and nitrocutter like this.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If the item never enters a player's inventory it shoud not be added to any recovery list.

I also think we should have a recover exemption list where we can permanently ban an item from the recovery option. I don't really need those noob backpacks I destroyed in the tutorial to EVER be on a recovery list.
    Vumad, Hegsheoshed and nitrocutter like this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If you are using the Advanced Loot Window, just set /hidecorpse alwaysnpc.

As for leaving a pile for others to see, they can also set that.

However, if you do want a destroy option to autoloot, I don't have an objection. It does, though, take away the ability for someone else to come in and get the stuff you don't want if they can use it.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Secura New Member

This is the easiest solution. I have a toggle set to show corpses if I need to loot an item that is rotting from another group.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Leaving the items on the corpses could mean that others are able to just grab what they need instead of competing with you for the kills.
    Skuz, Fanra and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  13. nitrocutter Journeyman

The main reason I ask is because i'm in a zone where nobody is going to loot the items. If they are they certainly don't come and check. I will use the /hidecorpse alwaysnpc. Thanks Fanra!
    Fanra likes this.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

This type of option would be detrimental to a real group. If someone doesn't like to use (even when group leader has it enabled), or has not set for an item they really need and its auto destroyed if no one rolls on it, then that's going to cause all sorts of drama. Same for auto leave on corpse. "Hey I needed that" a) "Well its gone now", or b1) "Go manually loot it from that corpse" b2) "Which corpse" *spends 5 minutes corpse hunting for the one item*

It takes you a click but there's a reasonable workaround using the leave all drop down and /hidecorpse options to reduce lag from advloot and corpses.
    nitrocutter and Duder like this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Everyone else has corpses hidden.
  16. Raccoo Augur

WTB leader sets timer for auto-roll, so I can set it to zero! Or make it auto-roll at zero if the leader has that set, and if all group members have set their choice. Also would be nice to have leader option to exclude people who don't have access to the corpse from auto-rolling. Sometimes when traveling around with raid forces, people are in separate areas of the zone and roll on items they have no idea where it was killed, so it ends up going to waste.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Laronk like this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except now you never can see any of the corpses which you have locked items on, at which point you must make viewable ALL corpses until you find it. The /hidecorpse command needs a complete overhaul to make all the pre-AutoLoot commands function with it exactly how they did with normal loot. Also, remove the locking feature, or at least change it such that it only locks items if you were added to the group after the kill occurred and does not allow you to roll for any of those items. But if you are given an item it auto unlocks.
    I think that issue with the first part is that allowing it to be set to instant auto roll would cause too many problems because there are lots of people who don't fill out their auto loot windows because they do not use them or just have not seen items drop to do it yet, so people will claim that the leader is doing the insta roll to hog loot because they others don't get a chance to see and click need/want. I agree that something needs done about the locking mechanism on loot. I personally think that they need to remove it for anyone who was in the group for longer than the kills regardless of where in the game they are. Then as I stated above, only have it for those added after the kills, excluding them from being able to roll on it, and only unlocking it for them in the Advanced Loot window if they are "given" the item in it.

More or less, if an item ends up in my Personal Loot window it should NEVER be locked.
  18. Drewie Augur

I'd like to see something like this but for foraged items. Having to manually destroy each and every non-stackable Small Chunk of Velium I forage in the ToV expansion, where they have no use whatsoever, tends to be tedious in the end ...
    Vumad likes this.
  19. Leigo You come here often?

I've found setting items to autoask/roll and check the boxes the I want need, greed, never is a good option. Things that are not rolled on will fall out of the advloot window fairly quickly. This in conjunction with /hidec alwaysnpc works rather well
  20. Froglok Augur

I don't see this happening as it would likely be very difficult to program / add? After all, EVERY group member would have to have selected the "destroy" option, no?

As for leaving the corpses and lag... if you are using advanced looting, you don't need to see them at all. Just use --> /hidecorpse alwaysnpc
    nitrocutter and Bigstomp like this.