Raid MA Rings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Noticed recently we don't see raid rings for all 3 main assists.

During some events we have multiple MAs but even when assigned we don't see all 3 target rings, is this happening for anyone else?

This has only started happening recently.
  2. Szilent Augur

only the MA gets a ring, the others only if that MA dies

you can make more rings with /rmark 1-3, or by having a group assist
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I could have sworn each MA used to have an MA ring.
  4. Raccoo Augur

Raided two characters, made each MA.

Target with MA1, raid MA ring targets what they click.
    Target with MA2, raid MA ring stays on first target.
    Re-target with MA1, raid MA ring switches to MA2's target instead of following MA1.
    Re-target with MA2, raid MA ring switches to MA1's target instead of following MA2.
    Neither character died or zoned out. It looks like they take turns having the raid MA ring.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think the ring is somewhat proximity based, can get confusing if you have a Melee MA & a Ranged MA the target reticule can bounce around a lot visually.

I think it has always been that way, separate Reticules for each raid MA would be a really awesome change in my opinion, especially if they had different gfx on each too - like one with swords (melee) another with arrow symbols (ranged) and a third with a skull symbol (dots).
    Leigo and Duder like this.
  6. Szilent Augur

it takes very little proliferation for those markings to become useless clutter
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I used to always be able to see my target ring as MA, since they fixed the broken MA targetting a month or so ago I don't always see my MA ring.

Tonight we once again had 2 MAs and again I couldn't see my MA ring, but the other half on his machine could see both mine and MA1.

Seems like we have a weird bug.