Min/Max Raid Targets in ERA

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stewie Griffin, Oct 2, 2020.

1. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

The biggest offenders of this was 100% people who played on selos. If I had a krono for every selos person that I've heard say "selos proved how easy velious is, we did everything basically naked" while completely forgetting about the fact that they had AA's, I'd be a rich man.
  2. jeskola pheerie

did you get a bunch of these for doing that?

[IMG]
    Boze likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm skeptical sev can be done with less than 6, let alone none.
  4. Barder-mangler Augur

These numbers are a little suspect. Phinny is definitively duo-able in kunark, but I've never seen it done in classic. What two classes can actually duo phinny in classic?
  5. neveroom Journeyman

72 man full raid, because we have friends. As we dont have to play with ourselves all day, to feel accomplished in life.
  6. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Ehh - alot of people find enjoyment in pushing the limits of their class. Just because you don't enjoy challenging content doesn't mean they do it to "feel accomplished in life". Your jealousy is showing just a little bit.
    Xyphen and Vetis like this.
  7. AoEBox Elder

Zordak does not have MITM making him easily charm killable but go ahead and continue with your nonsense.

This sounds oddly familiar, I remember a certain guild coming to the forums to brag about a VP mob being killed without providing any evidence for the Genniuss Book of World Records!
    #seemedlegitthough!
  8. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

I was duo'ing him with a shaman and bard, got him to like 70% before I just gated out because it was boring as hell, but there's no reason to believe I couldn't have sustained it indefinitely because I had essentially full hp/mana when i left.
  9. bardybard Augur

I don't know about easily but I suppose it's possible.
    Zordak fears and dispells.... eat a fear at a bad time and get the pet dispelled and you in for a bad experience
  10. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  11. bardybard Augur

Don't pizza when you should be french frying!
    jeskola likes this.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Do tell which amazing charm pet are you gonna charm in Skyfire during Kunark. Is it that leet light blue that hits for 100 dmg double attack.

Charm can no longer be dispelled. When they changed it so players couldn't dispel other charm pets the change also made it so mobs no longer dispel charm. Even before you had items like Crown of Rile and the Feedback earring to put instant/quick cast junk buffs for top slot dispels.
  13. Maze Elder

I mean, learn to spell, for one.

2. I streamed the entire raid to the world. But I guess you didn't bother looking at the speed run video.
  14. Maze Elder

I mean, Overking Bathezid most definitely dispelled my charm yesterday.
  15. Yvix New Member

Charm can 100% still be dispelled, at least by an NPC. Ask any Enchanter 2 boxing Fear trash :)
  16. Vetis Elder

Yikes. You can't do this? It definitely only takes 3 in Kunark.
  17. HicksAradune Augur

yikes, thinking Phinny is in era in Kunark
    WaitingforMoreEQ and bardybard like this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

It's true that AAs were available, but there definitely were not people with significant number, if any, of AAs when we did stuff like AoW. We were also in mage summoned plate and jewelry.

Also, you are supposed to have AAs to fight Emp, which we still did in like pieces of Grieg, Evolved Burrower and Ahkeva Ruins gear and still mage summoned gear to fill slots.
  19. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

You are missing the point. Lets say Selos started in Velious instead of luclin with the same ruleset. The Velious clear would have been significantly more difficult than a velious clear would be with a Luclin start. It takes a very minimal amount of AA points to get the necessary ones for what's needed to be done as far as tanking/dps.

Selos started in Luclin for a reason, and DBG was smart to do so for this first kind of server. The two expansions that would require the least amount of gearing grind to be able to be cleared, is Classic and Luclin. For both Luclin and Classic, the gear on 99% of your players is irrelevant on a race clear. Only the tanks need to be geared, which was done on both sides during the Selos race.

Imagine if they launched a server that started in PoP, the amount of time you would have to spend gearing vs a Luclin or Classic start because the gear on every class would be relevant and needed vs only needing to gear a tank.

I think it would be kinda cool to have a PoP start server sometime in the future, but I also know that the initial selos grind even with a Luclin start was so long that many said that as much fun as it was, they would never do that again.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The Velious clear with Luclin start was definitely easier then it would've been with a Velious start. But AA were pretty much irrelevant because they were bugged and pretty much nobody had double digits AAs, a lot of early Velious raids had a lot people who weren't even 60.

Now what was actually a big deal
    Mind Wrack
    New Mod Rods
    Beast Crack
    ALL meant the Clerics had nearly infinite mana for things like AoW.

Gear was definitely a big deal for DPS btw.