Hadden (and respecting camps)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EchoFreya, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Bullsnooze Augur

I run with 2 other players and we don't run a Necromancer in our squad. We bring much heavier guns to the yard, but if I were having problems with camps, the obvious reroll would be to the class that can guarantee victory in groupable content situations.

To the folks having issues,

Why do you guys think cheaters and AFK farmers run Necromancers, Mages, and Shaman? You think its because they are easy to bot, box, and the other? It's because the chances of not losing a damage contest while AFK is void.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you wait it out the problem solves itself, between the majority of content become instanced and the constant recycling of TLPs all the jerks tend to move on to the next TLP and the older ones are left with the people who do care about reputation, community and seeing more than racing OW Vox or VP keys. If you just want to meet and group and play with people and not worry about constantly being bullied for RMT, check out Coirnav, Ragefire, Phinny, Selo. If you want to play classic with thousands of other people you need to accept that some not small fraction of those people ae going to not care about you or what you think of them.
    Bardy McFly and Loze like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

If only Freya would have asked him where Burnt Woods is.
    Fluid likes this.
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Please never let this thread die.
  5. Hadesborne Augur

Well, I will say one thing. I am all out of popcorn after reading this thread. There some REAL dumb remarks here.

to the OP: Find another game. THIS ISN'T YOUR EQ ANYMORE.
    • There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master or Guide on any server. We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other. Game Masters and Guides will not help negotiate these disputes between players and guilds.
    It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. This is the rule. THE rule. Get used to it or get gone.

To Captain Video: You are just wrong man. Go play the game on a TLP a bit, then play it some more, then again some more. Then, you may understand how wrong your comments about MOTM really are. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. So just stop.
  6. Loze Elder

Everything you say it true... 100%.

What isn't right though is the "just roll over and take it, you can't stop it" attitude.

We can be upset about the current situation.
    We can ask (as little good as it'll do) for a change.

NEVER just roll over and take it. That's weakness.

These are my steps for dealing with someone encroaching on a spot I've been at:
    1. Open a dialogue. Most of the time, in my experience, the clown trying to take your spot thinks you're an Asian RMT farmer. Use colorful, native American English vernacular to make them understand that they're screwing with the wrong dude.
    2. If they don't respect that, bait them into breaking a rule without breaking any rules yourself (passive aggression works well here. Accuse them of being an RMT farmer and they start calling you names in broken English). Call them out on the rule breakage. Let them know that they're about to get reported and question how many more suspensions their account can take, because obviously they can't keep a cool head and probably break the rules a lot.
    3. If that doesn't work, ask you guild if anyone wants to help you battle some filthy farmers.
    4. If nobody is willing, be as annoying as possible without breaking rules. Fight for every spawn. I'm persistent and stubborn. Sometimes it works.
    5. When you lose, which sometimes you will, move on and complain about it on the forums so that CaptainVideo will start talking about his perceived extensive knowledge of the game and make ridiculous assumptions about game code and the developers abilities. It's good to laugh after a loss. It helps with the recovery process.
  7. Bullsnooze Augur

Please don't as it solves nothing and doing so won't make you feel any better.
  8. Loze Elder

Read the whole sentence:

This makes me happy.
  9. Captain Video Augur

I have a much better solution: I play on Live. Have done for many years, off and on. I don't have to deal with MotM, or AoC wars, or any of the other TLP nonsense on a Live server. I've made it very clear, many times over, that my TLP play time has been minimal, I don't do raids on TLPs, and I've merely explored for the sake of curiosity. If you want to ridicule my lack of TLP specialty knowledge, feel free, I don't lose sleep over it. The atmosphere is so toxic, and the obsessions with the idea that TLPs are the only EQ that matters, is something I find very sad. Your obsession with me is a problem for you and you alone. Have fun.
  10. bardybard Augur

Then why are
    Then why are you here, on TLP forums, posting about things you know nothing about?
    If you are such an expert at Live then all means to post on Veterans forums and leave us toxic TLPers to our toxic TLP things.
    Or contrinue looking like a fool... Your choice
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Best part about playing on Live is not having to worry about aoc timers.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

I did, but those assumptions just become redundant. (Like this thread).
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

My favorite CapVidism so far is that he isn't convinced players need to flag for Anguish in era on TLP's. Well, his "just swim out for air mid-fight for Phinigel" is pretty close.
    Loze likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why swim out for air when you can hold your breath for 15 minutes in classic if you cap swimming? /s
    Loze likes this.
  15. Captain Video Augur

As always, not entirely accurate. I said it doesn't need to be flagged on Live, level 68 gets you in automatically, which is a fact; flagging can still be done if you want to get in earlier. I've never done this on a TLP, and said so up front. It was my understanding that TLPs worked the same way, but you and others said no, it's been reverted. I discovered through this process that a lot of things have been reverted which were never in the patch notes, it's what I call "privileged information". Yet another reason to dismiss this whole TLP culture as irrelevant.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Requiring keys and flags in-era on a TLP qualifies as a ninja patch notes item to you?
  17. Loze Elder

The whole point of TLPs is to relive the past, including all the keying and flagging required to see the content "in era". Whatever expansion allowed unflagged people into Anguish on live, is the expansion on a TLP where you can go into Anguish unflagged. Your unceasing speculation of game mechanics in a context that you admittedly have zero interest in, and knowledge of, is what makes you a target on this forum.

Keep it up, it's very entertaining.
  18. Bullsnooze Augur

(Loze doesn't it know it, but we are guildmates.)

And you'll never figure out who I am bwahahaha!
  19. Captain Video Augur

See, this is the cultural problem I've tried to highlight. I say one word on this subject, and a whole gang of people go into a frenzy in response. It isn't rational. And it's against forum rules to make ANYONE a target; a lot of personal things have been said which properly should warrant forum suspensions, but the community relations manager sits silent.

There are all sorts of things on TLPs which are not in-era. Picks are not in-era. The spell system is not in-era. Research is not in-era. The UI (hotbar sizes, target windows, chat mechanics, etc etc) is not in-era. Maps are not in-era. Focus effects, what works and what doesn't, are not in-era. MotM is clearly not in-era. When it gets to that point, Defiant gear is not in-era. Therefore, the whole diatribe of TLPs having a letter-of-the-original-ruleset intent to recreate everything as it was in-era is so much hogwash. The dev team (especially Prathun) have said many times over that it's all one codebase, and that TLP zones work the same way as they do on Live, except as has been documented in the patch notes. A whole bunch of things are different which have never been documented in the patch notes, and your dismissal of all that based on the claim "it's all based on how it was in-era" isn't actually documented anywhere. If it is, show me.

Not to mention that allowing 300-400 player guilds to lockdown entire zones is most definitely not in-era.
  20. Loze Elder

I just can't get enough!

I don't think I've broken any rules. Calling you wrong isn't calling you a name, it's just stating a fact.

Everybody knows that there's quality of life upgrades that they didn't bother to remove on TLPs.

It's likely true that the code is all the same, since there's no patching required to play on a TLP, unlike Test.

Mobs, zones connections, and items are tied to the expansions. When an expansion unlocks, the server checks if something should spawn, if zone connections should work, if flags are required, and if those conditions are met, then the things happen. The zones are there, and people have accidentally'd their way into them, but they're not populated, because the conditions for the mobs being present weren't met. If you try to zone into a zone that isn't active on a TLP, it punts you to the succor point.

Every once in a while, they change something on a TLP to make it more "Classic" like restricting Veteran AAs to the expansion where they would have unlocked on Live. Your pedantic defenses of your wildly speculative posts don't even have much of a basis in fact, considering that you have repeatedly stated that you rarely play on TLPs.