Hadden (and respecting camps)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EchoFreya, Sep 29, 2020.

1. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  2. Loze Elder

It only took an infinite number of monkeys with keyboards.
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Loze Elder

Analysis?
    Quit churching it up.

Let's take the word "need" out of the equation. Maybe it's a "want".

For instance: on every bard I've ever made (Live, P99, Phinny, Coirnav, and Aradune), I actively pursue Singing Steel gauntlets for the EB. I can sing an EB song, but why bother when I can switch gloves and not worry about dying in The Gray or Kedge Keep?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. Captain Video Augur

Need vs. greed is the whole point here. Singing Steel is also class-specific, so it's natural gameplay for a Bard to seek to complete that set; the EB just comes along for the ride. You're not going way out of your way for it. Is it strictly necessary for content progression? No. And are you going to start a forum thread raging because some other Bard stole a spawn from you, when you know you'll get it anyway? That's the complete loss of perspective I've been talking about.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd like to put him on ignore but I can't. It's just too much entertainment.
    Loze and Skuz like this.
  6. Chauliodus New Member

I was camping one single spawn mob in chardok and this person named "Hour" on Aradune a notorious cheater and KS'er stole my mob I was camping sending me into a panic/anxiety attack and making me not play anymore for the near future, not sure when ill be back because EQ isnt that important to me when I cant even relax and kill 1 thing without another player bullying me out of it.

Oh yeah then they taunted me in tells trying to set me off more (which worked and I called him a lot of bad stuff myself), then he admitted to Money Trading 15 krono that they need to farm per week to pay their bills, saying that their "goals" are more important than what anyone else in game is doing, good job letting these people run over everyone because what they want is more important than anyone else or the effect it has on them when you bully people out of playing a game.

Hes a delusional pathetic idiot who told me the game is "gang " to him. This is the mindset of these greedy people. Again, good job letting this happen all the time and drive off players because a few scumbags wanna "pay bills"! braaaF'in-o

Im aware of the forum rules but ive had enough of this because it was bad enough to make me not want to play for a while because health is more important than being bullied on EQ so I dont care anyway.

he also dared me to post about him on the forum and "make him a celebrity" well here ya go ! you win!

[IMG]
  7. jeskola pheerie

8. Loze Elder

You really don't get it do you?

I have NEVER had a full set of Singing Steel (you saw how many bards I've made). I don't collect every piece and I don't even equip it. It is garbage. Wrists for a DS click, Helm for Eye of Zomm, Gloves for EB, and if I luck into a pair of boots for the 2.5 minute lev click, I'll take 'em, but I don't go out of my way.

It's not about greed, and it's not about need, it's about want. It's quality of "life" in Norrath. If I wanted these items to sell, it would be greed. My bards on Live, Phinny, and Coirnav still have these items.

Regardless of your misinformed and misguided opinions on nearly every aspect of this game, some people actually do want these quality of life items for personal use and not for elf simulator remunerations.

Next?
  9. Chauliodus New Member

Yeah well I also petitioned about that player so we'll see if they give 2 about their toxic disruptive bullyinbg behvaiour, I dont even give a flying capital F if I get suspended for slurring him because I only said things i would hwen pushed to the extreme edge of my limitations of stress and anxiety.

so im ok going down for profanity if i take down one of these scumbags. who btw, also when i said i was petitioning them, taunted me by saying "they have more accounts ,which i probably dont" more taunting, these people need to be wiped off the planet. tkae htem all out PLEASE do something about this greedy behvaious r
  10. Chauliodus New Member

cool, after i petitioned my account did get suspended for "toxic behvaiour" while im sure the player in question is having fun screwing over others to get their krono to pay their bills, good job.
  11. Ruhi Augur

it's a game. some people make up stuff when they learn they can trigger another person. there is absolutely no reason to call someone a bunch of names though.

it's a game. dps race is the rules whether we like it or not. it doesn't matter how you feel about camps or what they used to be.

if you set your expectations better, there will be less triggering.

i dont box on aradune, if a player or group that out guns me wants the camp i'm in - i simply go elsewhere. it's a game, and i literally dont care to get triggered over pixels personally.
  12. Chauliodus New Member

Its a game to us, its not a game to these people, they see it as "gang warfare" (see chat screenshot) in their delusional brains, it's not the first time a line like that has been said when trying to defend myself from toxic players like that.

Does it not bother you that these people have no consideration for anyone else and their own little profit goals outweight any consideration or respect for anyone else? Why is this acceptable and to just roll over like a B and "go somewhere else".... Ive killed named and went around a corner realizing it was a group that spawned it and was camping it, and gave them the item I got to roll on because I don't want to be greedy and steal from people for my own goals or fun (but I get suspended for telling someone off who stole something else and they get to run free, emboldening this culture and behavior even more), if everyone was decent and not greedy or allowed to money trade and screw over players for it, then this BS wouldnt happen, but theyve created a culture in this game where that kind of thing is OK, and its fine to screw over players if you're greedy and inconsiderate and have no respect or empathy for what your actions cause others to feel, because its GANG RELATED to them, but theres no gangs?

Oh and if you defend yourself you're the problem. Seems in line with world culture these days though.
  13. Ruhi Augur

No it doesn't. I'm not the master of how others play the game within the rules of the game. My expectations are set that i will meet cool people and that i'll meet less savory people while playing an mmorpg.

If you want to be kind and share - that's fine, but you cannot expect the same behavior from others.

I am not the problem sir. I just accept how i'm not in control of others' actions and i dont expect others to share my opinions or play the game exactly the same way i do.

I also don't give random internet strangers ultimatums that put them in a "box" or category solely because i disagree with them.....
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

It's not acceptable (in my opinion) but trying to fight it just ends up with you losing. You can either sink to their level or swallow your pride, let them "win", and go somewhere else.
  15. Wrungch New Member

If you want a great example of behavior on TLP servers, read "Lord of the Flies," by William Golding.
    I have moved on from EQ. God bless those of you that choose to remain on the island.
  16. Ruhi Augur

i was getting to this - I don't care if they win. I dont look at it like that. there are plenty of ways to acquires the things i want in the game. if someone has a stronger desire and ability to go after something - it is what it is. there's nothing in the game i care about that wont be replaced in 6 weeks, or 12 weeks after that and so on and so forth.

there is not 1 virtual item that is worth my time getting all upset over. i dont live and breath the game, so i take it all with a grain of salt and move on to continue enjoying the game.
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

The heck is wrong with you people? 12 pages of nonsense about a game.

If you want to lock down camps, play a Necromancer.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

One of us!...One of us!...One of us!!
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  19. Fluid Augur

+1 on the trigger comments. Confession I am in the same guild as Smoki. Logs and written communication lack smirks, smiles, rolling your eyes, any clue as to where the person is coming from. Reread<gawd NO!!!> the log with Smoki being something of a triggered jokester. OP says 25<?> minute spawn on Hadden, apparently thinks Rephas or some other unrelated NPC is a place holder, gets the ToS/gameplay wrong. It's like throwing someone with a banana in their pocket into a monkey cage. Too much material for a a joker to work with. No doubt he was giggling to himself as he corrected the OP.

Look I play EQ for certain reasons. One of them is the freedom of play gives you options. For instance, you can be a nice guy or can be a jerk. I typically play my Fluids as nice guys. If there was no ability to play a jerk, there would be no such thing as good and evil. I hope people see what I am saying: Fluid can not play a nice PC if everyone is forced into a straight jacket play nice rule set via TOS or game mechanics.

Boring story, same area, I saw Pyzjn on track and ran up to the ruins. There was what seemed to be a low level Shaman oom. I dropped Pyzjn like a bag of dirt and got a message from the Shaman about a camp. I said I left the GBS on the corpse and they were welcome to it. As they were picking it up, I explained that DP had changed the pathing such that Niclaus Ressinn wanders into the ruins and slaughters everything there now, apparently to get a more frequent spawn of NPCs like Pyzjn and Varsoon. If you don't hurry, you run the risk of him vaporizing the spawn. I think the GBS was selling for some ridiculous price at the time so it was probably a 4,000pp nice guy move. Thing is, if there was enforced camps by hook or crook, Fluid could not have made that move. One of the favorite things to me about LotR is Tom Bombadil. Worlds where they is evil and treachery around every corner are boring. Things are much more interesting in a world where random acts of kindness can be permitted.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  20. Chauliodus New Member

What if its not a specific item, could be a 100pp item, but the principle behind the actions of being a lowlife greedy piece of crap. Yeah "go somewhere else", thats what the bullies like and they win when people can't defend themselves like someone else said, cause what happens is the somewhere else is going to be as far away from EQ as possible while it sinks even more due to everyone leaving because of people who think like this. Players cannot "solve disputes themselves" in this environment like the policy says when you have players like this who take full advantage of the lack of harassing and bot enforcement or "play niceness", reputation means nothing. I hope everyone who deals with these people finally give up and "go somewhere else", away from EQ so all thats left is these self fellating valueless, amoral pieces of crap that care more about the "items" no matter the value because it pays their bills than other players who like to hang out and have fun and be nice.

Thats what i like and will miss about EQ, but the rest isn't worth going through anymore just for a fraction of relaxing fun.