Make the rare spawn boost permanent

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

I didn't post this for the regulars here who I knew would reflexively oppose it with their stupid easy button accusations and I-did-it-so-you-have-to-do-it attitude. I want to hear from Ngreth or dreamweaver or whoever else is left why I should spend 6 hours killing PHs and never see a named ONCE.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I do think that old expansions should have the bonus locked always on. Expansions where things con light green at the level cap for the server.

So like, Spawn rate of HoT named would be in bonus while RoS, TBL, ToV named are not. This would help people who are behind on hunter, leveling alts are new to the server catch up on old content, while preventing maxed out players from being bored dominating content that gives no meaningful XP.

Just my 2cp supporting a compromise. And yes, I do realize this would not fix the complaint of the OP who is faming only 2 expansions back (5 levels below the current cap).

Edit: It could also be scaled or something, so that HoT is triple, TBM is double, EoK is 1.5 and TBL is at base. Not sure how that works with the coding. It is just reasonable to say a permanent bonus in obsolete content makes sense.
    Coagagin and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

RNG Google it. And why do you think you rate a personal response?
    Duder and Cicelee like this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Random number generator. Your case isn't unique. This has happened since the very first day of Everquest. Calling out a dev to explain that isn't going to help anybody.
    Duder and Cicelee like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Only six hours? Amateur...
    Duder and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Good point. EQ isn't a sort term gratification sort of game. Those sorts of games tend to flare up and die with regularity. I have spent a lot more than 6 hours camping nameds. I have also gotten them quickly.

Luck is a fickle mistress, as the saying goes. And the RNG is even worse.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Duder Augur

Play a different game.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not against the idea of boosting rare spawns for older content once the server moves some way beyond it, a good reference point would be for rare spawn boost to match the pace of the Autogrant AA and how that works several expansions behind.

But that said RNGesus is always a powerful force

[IMG]
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Vumad like this.
  9. Zaray Augur

10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Tying it to the autogrant expansion is a good suggestion. That would put it at TBM. I think a bonus in TBM and before is a reasonable request.
  11. Lilura Augur

Conveniently you ignore the part where I eat my words and admit I was wrong.
  12. Lilura Augur

I know the mob, a monstrous succulent, ph is a sickly succulent, has 3 spawn spots. During the increased rare spawns I got him 9x in one day before getting the aug. I wasn't happy about that but at least I got the spawn. I camped it 4 hours the other night and didn't see it ONCE. That's my issue. I've got partisans and mercs to do, this waste of time is just that.

I am 300 across the board and made Conflagrant augs for my alts but thank you.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

News flash people EQ has time sinks! be boring if a named spawned and always dropped what you want and if they made double spawns perm i wouldnt even do hunters anymore be like why there to easy now.

Andarriel
    Duder likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh yeah, you definitely convinced me, 100% you did

:rolleyes:

(now where's that sarcasm font when you really need it?)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

You read their post as sarcastic? I didn't. Whether it was sarcastic or not, I agree with it. =D
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Want the challenge? Do the hunters in era or at least prior to the suggested point at which they were to increase (with Autogrant AA), and do NOT ever do them while the double-rare bonus is active or join a "hunter raid" to get them done or else you are nothing more than a snivelling hypocrite.

Nothing preventing them being challenging for those who want it to be challenging and making them easier for those who do them far later on.

To me that's a win win, unless of coure you really are just a curmudgeon & want everyone else to do things the way that you want to do them, which is simply selfish & mean-spirited.

As far as the OP wanting the double-spawns permanent for current-era? No, I absolutely do not support that nonsense.
    Vumad likes this.
  17. Duder Augur

I think you underestimate how much content is in past content. I haven't played devotedly for 20 years straight I can tell you that. But if all the past content became watered down after a set period of time I can tell you that me and my alts would have grown bored of EQ and likely moved on long ago. I enjoy the fact that I can still invest time into things that aren't current. My reasoning has nothing to do with curmudgeoning or hypocrisy.
  18. Diptera Augur

A "no" to this from me, too - timesinks in themselves are not exactly "fun", but as other people have mentioned, they add to the sense of achievement when accomplishing something. Could ask the same of tradeskills - how many combines "should" you need to do to skill up / max out a trophy?
    The time taken makes the results more prestigious once you get there.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Looking at this from another angle, all content is current content as long as we have TLP servers.

They have far more important things to do than mess around with spawn times, I'd much rather they fix the ever growing bugs that keep appearing in the bug forum than waste time changing spawn times for older content.

So I agree leave things as they are, also means we can get a different bonus that isn't bonus exp. :D
    Duder likes this.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

All of you people giving the OP crap need to check yourself. The person had a legit request. While you may not agree with it, you have to acknowledge he has the right to at least ask. This thread would also benefit from some mature discussion, rather than bs "i HaZ tO dO iT tHe HaRd WaY, sO U dO 2!" crap.
    Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.