Pet Illusions. More of them.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinkeh, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Zinkeh Augur

So I've been on every TLP now since Phinny and it's always irked me: It's been the same list of crappy pet illusions now for years and years. How crappy? So crappy folks really only use the zombie rabbit and scarecrow.

The familiar clickys are little more than shrunk down versions of in game NPC models. It's literally a matter of adding a flag to a clicky to make it a pet illusion. This is something an intern could manage in one 8 hour shift.

I wanna see rat pets, snowbunny pets, gnoll pets, etc. It is one of those things that from a development side really doesn't take much effort at all. Some of this could be done on a lunch break.

You're throwing away money people would happily throw at you just to have a bit of variety in game and that's just silly.
    Eryndhel likes this.
  2. kathulu20 Journeyman

I support this!
  3. Protagonist Tank

No. Your pet will be a grandfather clock and you'll like it.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Some are already flagged this way I think, the polar bear one can be a familiar or a pet illusion if you have a pet out when you click it, never really understood why they weren't a combined category for all the illusions.
  5. Xhartor Augur

Ukun pet illusion please.
  6. Nolrog Augur

I just bought a pet illusion that is a turepta. I have a bunch others. Would love it if I could set one of the illusions in the key ring to always be on (er, for lack of a better description). I can designate one and the pet will always look like that and I don't have to recast it.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Fudly Elder

Make illusions for the old school necro pets. You'd make bank.
    Eryndhel and Kobra like this.
  8. Hadesborne Augur

Can we bring back the Metamorph Wand - Mad Jester, PLEASE!!
    How about you rotate through the different pet illusions and have rolling specials each week?
    I mean, we want to give you our money, please let us.
  9. Zinkeh Augur

Haha, indeed!
  10. Goodkitty Augur

I got a dev response about this ways back because I've been asking for a wrulon pet illusion.

They said pet illusions are the worst selling item and that its a waste of memory to have them in the game.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Pet illusions are too much maintenance, for me anyway. It fades on zone, they aren't permanent, they make me have to re-shrink the pet each time. Got a handful of clickies, including the TDS dinosaur illusion, but rarely bother to actually use them.
  13. Zinkeh Augur

Love em on raids, as you can tell whose pet is whose. It's the variety, really though, that I'm looking at. The change could be done as a blanket fix in about 10 minutes I'm guessing as they'd simply have to check a box in their game tools from Familiar to Familiar and Pet Illusion. It's likely in the same pull down and could be done by category. The player could then choose if they wanted to use it or not.
  14. Oldnecro New Member

This only happens if you do not own the Familiar Key Ring, once you purchase that, the illusion remains upon zoning.

Couple other things I noticed, several of the pet illusions are instant cast, there are others however that are 5s cast times... They should all be instant.

And to the person who mentioned that a dev claimed they are the worst moneymaker in the db store. I believe that only for the reason that they are not ever rotated (along with pretty much everything else in the marketplace).

They really need to find someone to curate the marketplace each patch and introduce/remove new items/old items. I swear I started playing 4 years ago and the weapon ornaments have not changed or been adjusted *once*. Of course nobody buys this stuff... they already have them all at this point! Why would i buy another heirloom pet illusion for my 32nd alt when i can just pass it between the shared bank?
    Smelly and MasterMagnus like this.