Not A Bug HA Scaling in The Broken Mirror on TLP

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Skuz, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hello Dev team,

Regarding this previous bug report that has been marked "Fixed Internally"

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...caling-in-the-broken-mirror-on-phinny.268396/

The Melee Damage is still way over-tuned.

I know that Prathun fixed the spell damage for HA's that had been over-scaled but the melee damage & mob levels remain untouched.

Mobs in these HA have higher hp & melee damage despite the worst of the 1 shot nukes having been dealt with the melee changes have not as yet been done & this makes these HA still far too difficult for group-geared players.

I had skipped attempting the progression on the TBM with it requiring so many HA and knowing these were tearing apart even raid geared TDS Tanks.

I have just this week made start on doing that progression & the melee damage from the named is just nuts, some of the nameds have such high strikethrough that the much higher melee damage just melts a Merc tank with 2 merc healers on reactive, when I tried tanking it on my Berserker in full TBM BiS Raid gear I got wrecked as even with all of the non tradeskill EoK AA the extra defensives were meaningless with the mob having something close to 100% strikethrough on a 105, even with all the defensive tricks I took a dirt nap on the three attempts so far.

So these definitely need addressing I would like to do them before Ring of Scale & level 110 but right now it is looking impossible to do this as a normally very solid 3 box even with a raid geared main leading the charge.

The progression through these required HA (they aren't even optional if you want to remove the zonewide debuff) should be manageable by a 3 box group-geared team with mercs but that just isn't the case right now even with an overgeared group & overgeared mercs.

I would add that 2 of my mercs have full EoK merc gear (the good droppabale extravagant defenders/soothers) too & my two alts that I box have a very solid amount of aa / gear.
    Wulfhere, Zanarnar, Eviara and 18 others like this.
  2. Nniki Augur

3. Numiko Augur

Prathien even said in one thread that he just did not have time to fix the melee side and that it would happen next patch .. that was 2 months ago ..

last patch.. nothing was done and from the notes on this upcoming patch looks like nothing is being done about it again.
    Barton, Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

October 7th Selo will unlock The Broken Mirror so there's another 2 guilds worth of paying customers who will have to endure progressing through those overscaled HA before it gets fixed.

December 9th Miragul will Unlock The Broken Mirror will they too have to progress through it in that state too?
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Yeah, I don't see TBM as being worth the effort currently reading through this. The static zone group drops aren't that much better than TDS, and instanced drops require a good bit of farming to get currency for the Type 3 and Type 5s meaning you gotta endure a lot of it.

More time to work on the next guide I guess.
  7. Zinth Augur

if it weren't so stupidly overtuned, it would actually be a pretty nice expansion
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Yeah, I was looking forward to it. I like mission based expansions over static camps. But overtuned missions when they would need to be done repeatedly, not so much.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

The issue is that, to many of us, this isn't really a perspective option. We don't want to say "welp i guess i wont do TBM" because for so many of us, Selo was about seeing all of the expacs we missed.
    Skuz and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  10. smash Augur

What I seriously hope is that they will stop making those changes when a new expansion gets up, making it harder, because basically it becomes too hard, and then they will have problems down the way to balance it back to what it was, never going good.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I'm in the same boat. Everything after VoA has been new and I've generally enjoyed it. While doing the TBM guide I kept thinking it sounded neat, lots of missions, tradable currency, customizable gear... and then *this*.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TBM, while small & and involving an awfully large amount of copy pasta likely due to what was going on at the studio during its creation is an enjoyable expansion in many ways, but badly spoiled by the downright bloody stupid up-scaling decision the team took with it later.

I think the original version would have been memorable for much better reasons than what I and a bunch of other TLP players shall remember it for.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Having finished the progression... I forgot about this thread. What was overtuned?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

#humblebrag?

Some several months /years after initailly launching on live the HA were scaled up to RoS difficulty the spell damage was resulting in TDS raid geared tanks getting one-shotted on Phinigel for example.

Now TDS Raid geared tanks will be mostly okay, one or two mobs will hurt a lot as they have 100% strikethrough.

The scaled up mob levels, damage tables, hp/ac are still in force.

Bear in mind that the group content is supposed to be tuned as challenging for group-geared players not Raiders. Raiders should largely find this easy as a group of mains & doable as a boxer on most of it (excluding the heroic missions). I did the progression with many EoK era player & merc AA as I could not 3 box it with one raid geared main, 2 group geared boxes & merc tanks & healers in-era.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is feedback. Perhaps valid feedback, but feedback nonetheless. This is not a bug.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

No, the mob scaling is out of era. Unless, you're saying that you intend for TBM era progression to be tuned out of era?

You guys screwed up it a couple years ago, and still haven't fixed your errors for all the HA's.
    Yinla, Boze and Barton like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The original complaint was as a bug and since the reversion is incomplete I felt it warranted being raised again as a reminder since it was originally advised to be fixed in the July 2020 Patch, while understandably that didn't happen due to the departure of some staff and the expansion needing to be finished I hope this is completed before yet another TLP has to contend with it, 3 is too many already.
    Boze, Barton and KrakenReality like this.
  18. MarttinPH Augur

I agree with Ngreth. This is not a bug. Remember the "Bug Reports" forums are meant solely for bugs. Developers had to worked hard several months ignoring the post, and you went ahead and brought it back. Remember these two points. Point one: The likelihood a change is going to be implemented is inversely proportional to the amount of work required to implement the change. Secondly, put all feedback posts in the appropriate forum were it can be ignored there.

I believe this sub-forum have required metrics attached to them, i.e. number of tickets opened/closed/unresolved and they have may have to keep track of it as a proxy for measuring productivity.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:D
    KrakenReality likes this.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

Holy cow, ran some new 75's through the HA's and the named mobs are just ridiculous. They're just deleting these poor little adventurers. One of the nameds rocked out a 21k dd. Merc tank stands no chance, heals can't go off fast enough. Other nameds are doing nasty AEs.

You sure you guys intended for these HA's to have raid tuned mobs? I though this was supposed to be the new gearing path? It's honestly pretty convenient and enjoyable, but you really need to double back on this stuff.