Rotten Skelly and Pained Soul spawn times

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

Look I totally get that content should not be so easy as to trivialize it and getting VP keyed is an accomplishment, but on TLPs where we only have 3 months of content before it becomes trivial as the next expansion gear is better, some of these spawn rates need to be adjusted.

Right now the camp feels like an Epic equivalent time sink and they are bringing out the worst behavior in people. The difficulty of getting VP keyes should be like 2-3 times as hard as HS keying but people are reporting 5-6 hours between single spawns for both and that is simply stupid.

I myself spent 16 hours at RS where we had a raid going and two picks, 14 people deep and only got 3 RS spawns in the time. At PS people are reporting 3-4 hours for single pops and I believe it as I am at 3 hours now with no PS pop.

Its also causing some really toxic behavior or forcing people to game the mechanics by various methods.

Right now it feels like its a 5% or less chance each pop and that cannot be the intended results on a server that is moving so quickly in content.

Be nice to have a Dev take a look at this and not make this harder than 80% of epics are to complete. This is on Aradune btw and I have done this keying on last 4 TLPs and never remember it being so bad to see the quest mob pop.
    Mismezz, Laynie Rosvenir and Duder like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All I recall about this was the PH for the Pained soul can have 3 things happen to it.

1. It gets trained away as someone happens to run over it &/or aggroes it, plenty of times the PH will then get stuck & not move back to its spawn location.

2. It can have 1 happen & then get stuck in geometry on the way back, like inside a tree or rock.

3. It can on some occasions spawn under the world.

in 1 & 2 a tracker and a pet class can sometimes work to get it out of wherever its stuck.

in the case of 3 you are stuffed unless a gm/dev repops the zone or you come back after a server restart/patch day.

As far as actually killing the PH & getting the pained soul to pop, continuous camps of 16-24 hours are not unusual though usually its a lot less its very RNGesus.
  3. Runes Augur

Skuz that is interesting about #1 and 2. I am a ranger so nothing was on track. Coming up on 4 hours now no PS and we are killing a mob that pops in the usual PH location. Can you have the PH that would actually spawn the PS be trained away and stuck and then new PHs spawn in teh same place but will not trigger PS to pop if you kill them over and over like we have been doing?
  4. Protagonist Tank

No. If the PH is popping, it's not trained away. It's just bad luck with the spawn.
  5. Runes Augur

Update 7 hours in Pained Soul main pick not one PS pop
  6. Runes Augur

Update 8 hours straight killing PHs no RS pop
  7. TLP Addict Augur

The mobs aren't be trained away or getting stuck, the PHers are spawning and being killed normally, it's just that the key dropping mobs are a very low chance to spawn with people reporting many hours of killing the PH over and over.

I was personally there for around 6 hours for 2 x PS, 5 hours of nothing then 2 in an hour.

The spawn chance should really be increased, 3 months of Kunark, probably 10 different guilds numbering several hundred people all wishing to do VP content in era. A month into Kunark and we still have small raids fighting over spawns.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

GL, they already doubled increased it a few years back so I doubt the 1 dev likely still tasked on TLP issues is going to buff it again, especially in a timeframe for it to matter on Aradune.
    Machen likes this.
  9. Runes Augur

That doesn' change the fact that there is something wrong with the spawn. 10 hours killing PHs and we got 2 Pained Souls. Its not just an outlier for our raid, every group is reporting the same long times between spawns.

There is clearly a need of an increase, no question about it. Change the PH spawn rate to the same as VKR, id rather wait the approx 26 minutes but have the same increased spawn rate that he has as I do not hear any complaints about the wait for that camp. let PS and RS have the same chance to spawn and that would work.

Pretty much with all the camps, you are guaranteed a Med drop every hour to hour and half and that is a reasonable expectation for content like VP access, not this camp 8 hours just to get one key piece.
  10. Runes Augur

coming on 12 hours and we have had 2 Pained Souls pop. About 90 kills that comes out to about a 2% spawn rate, ridiculous for such a minor piece of a key drop.
  11. Machen New Member

There isn't something wrong with the spawn. Almost all of the pieces are ezmode now compared to 4 years ago. Having one or two that still might take a few hours to camp is not broken, you just don't like the way it is designed.

Unless you are having to click groundspawns in a pile of 40 other people all trying to click groundspawns in one fixed spot, you've got it easy compared to even 3-4 years ago.
    Tankz and Skuz like this.
  12. Runes Augur

Ya and what did they do, enough people complained so that it was changed so it made more sense. This quest still has the need to get a Trak tooth so its plenty difficult for the rewards it gives to not make a ridiculous time sink need on a few pieces so its not "ez mode". Thats just a lazy design, its not clever or a challenge to make people on a 3 month expansion, to have a 2% drop rate on a piece of the key for access to content that becomes useless in 3 months.

The whole design was done for long term live servers and its antiquated for the modern TLP fast unlock servers.

And you know its broken when you have groups bottle necking picks of PS to sell the LRs for 5 Kronos.

Laynie Rosvenir and Duder like this.
  13. Machen New Member

Kunark was originally a year. They have reduced the time it takes to camp all the pieces by more than 75%. On top of that, they have added pickzones and AoC's to help you get it even quicker. You'll be just fine in 3 months.
  14. Trox2010 Augur

But they've also double/tripled the amount of people on the servers, and most of those people are looking to get into the raids in era, where as before that was a smaller portion of the smaller population.
    Laynie Rosvenir and Skuz like this.
  15. Runes Augur

There is no AoC for TT, you are thinking of SeB and its usually a double pick in TT only after a few weeks, You made up some 75% number outta your head. The swamp key just spawns in a few more places, to make it harder for cheaters using auto clickers to get the ground spawns but people were still using auto clickers on the spots it does spawn.

It does not change the fact that the spawn rate is way low now for the new TLPs. I got my epics faster than its taking to get the VP key and it should be the other way around. Getting a chance at a real key piece drop every few hours is still a time sink and still makes it not easy to finish. All i am saying is that the PS and RS spawns should result in a key the same way VKR does as that is a good rate of return.
    Laynie Rosvenir likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

17. HicksAradune Augur

I got my VP key faster than it took you to get your epic. Fortunately im part of a guild very well organised and structured to getting all its members their keys asap.
  18. PVPme Augur

He says this as one of his guildies is begging general channel for help on his epic. Lmfao.
  19. HicksAradune Augur

Cool story, pretty much all my guild have their epic - unless theyre asking right now? while its 5am in the morning for most people and we dont have many online?

Imagine that.
  20. Grump New Member

Only game I’ve ever played that people think that camps taking the time of a full time job is ok for one key. It’s verifiable by any sane, rationale person that camps like this are ridiculous and aren’t needed on TLP servers. I can never tell if people that come to threads to say: “it’s fine!” are trolls or just have already completed their keys so would be upset if others have an easier time.

Fix long spawns and camps for both epics and keys and people will enjoy the tlp dredge every year so much more. I promise that the people disagreeing will keep playing and you’ll keep more of the rest of us for longer.

And I know, I know, people will excuse it away saying you don’t have the resources. Thats bs. Take the time, you’ll retain more players on these servers, and is worth your time.

People don’t post over and over about the same mobs for their health.