warrior weapon augs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Rubiota, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Rubiota Journeyman

currently using an energizing attachment https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=140603;source=lucy in primary and a venomous tear in offhand. Would these be ideal or should i swap for pure damage offhand or another rune proc? War isn't my main so i haven't completed tbl or tov on it yet.

Not for raids, goal is for doing decent dps in groups without dieing or losing agro.
  2. Szilent Augur

Runes are 2x their number in agro, so Energizing (800*2=1600) is the highest in its era by a chunk - but non-rune augs have gotten newer versions.TBL & ToV healing procs are 2000 & 2200, respectively, more than double Energizing so now the best agro per proc, with 14 & 15 base damage.

Proc damage is ignorable for warriors when thinking about dps. Barely a percent of our damage.
  3. Zaltan Journeyman

@Szilent > I always was under the assumption Rune proc worked better for multiple mob aggro or something along those lines. (Was told this years ago so it might be just wrong)

I raid ToV but most of my time is in group content, would you recommend swapping from rune to the latest ToV Healing proc ?
  4. Rubiota Journeyman

So assuming i don't have access to the tbl tov healing augs yet, pure damage or stick with what I've got?
  5. Szilent Augur

Heals & runes are both "witness" agro, contrasted with direct agro built only on the target by something like Spike of Anger procs.
  6. p2aa Augur

Stick with runes aug on both weapons, until you can get the HoTT TBL / ToV augs described.
    I would use the 2nd best rune aug proc on your offhand, I don't remember the name of it.
  7. Raazael New Member

Second best rune aug should from around that time should be Exhumed Rune, from CotF Marks of Valor.
  8. Cadman Elder

Warriors don't really have any agro concerns in the current game, plenty of tools available now.

I go for raw damage augs (reactive conversions are a bonus)
  9. StinkyVetWarrior Master

I am just curious, are you answering for all warriors, raid warirors, currrent content group warriors, or group warriors within the past 5 expansions?

I am not ok with the few limited AE tools warriors get. As a group warrior that likes to go non stop with multiples always in camp, I think we should either have shorter reuse times on what we have, AE taunt, rampage, veteran's wrath, blades etc.

In order to make up for my lack of AE tools, I have to cycle each npc and use single aggro abilities, which could cause aggro issues for NPCs that I had to drop target to aggro next target....not as much fun, burn out after a few hours grinding.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I'm happy to have to buy 3 1h weapons instead of 2 if one has a quality rune proc on it.