Overseer Collectibles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Given that Overseer collection pieces are no drop, would it be possible to have the choices of collectibles offered include only those you need? I have only once clicked on the wrong one, and that was due to an untimely cough, but it is frustrating to get something you can't use. Not an urgent thing to be sure, but perhaps it could find it's way into a queue for future realization.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

lol so it was not just me that did a ROF collectable what was - what I had to buy the special ROF to click these Collectibles.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

They weren't always no trade. For some inexplicable reason, they decided to make ALL collectibles attunable...which is stupid because it's not an item you keep...one you click on it, it's gone. They made that change to collectibles SPECIFICALLY so that they could turn on the "attuned" flag of collectibles that were obtained from Overseer, making them no trade. Making collectibles attunable serves absolutely no other purpose.

The only bright spot is that if you get a collectible through Overseer that you really, REALLY, want to give to another character, you can get an unattuner and use it with that collectible to make it tradeable.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Instead of taking all the easy suggestions on ways for DPG to make money by offering different things for sale at reasonable prices they chose to do it this way. Its just another complicated subversive cycle for plat sinks in the game. Like the delivery fee in the baz when you buy from out of zone. Neither seller nor buyer gets that fee.
  5. Nightops Augur

Or you could do another 4 overseer tasks and in 12 hours you could select the collection item you needed.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea i was working 4 accounts to get my ranger all the collectibles then i did rof and there no trade is that intended? RoF is the last ones he needs hes got most as i did hunters for that expansion.

Andarriel
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They went NO TRADE about 3 months ago :)
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

will just take me longer no biggie just weird thats the only expansion were the collectibles are no trade.

Andarriel
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Incorrect.

A few months ago, they made a change to collectibles globally and added the "Attunable" tag to all of them. This gave them the ability to automatically set the flag to "attuned" on the collectibles we get via Overseer. Every collectible you get through Overseer is now "attuned", making it no trade...regardless of the expansion.

The only way to trade a collectible obtained through Overseer from one account to another is to use an unattuner on it first, resetting the "Attunable" tag.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I believe he's talking about the last few you need from chelsith or wherever that are no trade and you have to loot from a mission chest. You can't get them from overseer.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea there were a few no trade strange black rock and shifting shard from the depths of fear. i did some other ones chapterhouse and they were tradeable though so is it just chelsith ones that are no trade?

Andarriel
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

There's an option in the RoF collectible rewards for those I believe because I completed it on my cleric without ever going to any of those zones to loot anything. One of the options only has 2 collectible choices on it.