Test Update 09/08/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As Dythan rightly points out, it is not opinion but fact.

People CAN "come to Agnarr" they can create a character there yes? 65 levels is an afternoon's work if you want to help people catch up to where the rest of the server is at.
  2. NinjutsuMMO Augur

so basically questing, grouping, raiding or exploring or any of that doesn't matter and its all about getting a power level and jumping into end raid content naked in your opinion ?

no advantage to joining new tlp servers and playing at your own pace and meeting people then coming to agnarr at all right ?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If they do all the things you said on another TLP what would they be coming to Agnarr for exactly?
  4. Deekex New Member

Regarding TLP server transfers will transfers from Agnarr to Aradune be available once Aradune catches up to Agnarr at LDoN/LoY?

I take from the fact that you cannot go from Aradune to Agnarr that Agnarr is viewed as more restrictive. As such, I'd expect a transfer from Agnarr to Aradune to be possible once they enter the same era since Aradune (presumably) meets the "less restrictive" test vs. Agnarr. Hoping someone can confirm if this is how the team is thinking about it.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not being able to transfer to Agnarr from a server on a previous expansion seems like an oversight.
    Herf and NinjutsuMMO like this.
  6. Deathstroke Journeyman

Sadly with this being on test we can't test exactly which transfers are open.

Will toons on these newer servers also be allowed to move to Ragefire?
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

or from Ragefire. Its both MORE and LESS restrictive at the same time by having voting unlocks but not having truebox.
  8. NinjutsuMMO Augur

here is my message to Ngreth -

~ I don't see you listing Aradune and all future TLP's to Agnarr but if they're truebox like Agnarr id imagine you could as long as you transfer before LDoN which Agnarr is locked at correct ?

~ Were you just giving examples ?

~ Allowing people to leave Agnarr but not come to Agnarr would only kill off Agnarr and that's not good for anyone...

~ Allowing people to come to Agnarr from TLP's after experiencing 6 months to a year of the initial nostalgia is a win win for everyone who's not interested in doing the last 20 years worth of content other than classic EQ ie Agnarr...

~ I have not joined a new tlp since Agnarr and would definitely join them if i could come to Agnarr after...

____His Reply ____

We also needed the rules to be reasonable to our engineers.
    We don't have a method for one server to check the status of another server to see if the transfer is valid.

The servers a server can transfer to are a list. If that list changes, the server has to be brought down. AND it is a manual process to change that list.

So... allowing transfer to Agnarr "until" cannot be done automatically, and would require intervention every time, AND bringing down a server as soon as it passes LDoN, which would enrage anyone on that server.

Timing it for a patch before that happens and turning it off is possible, but since it is a manual, human driven process, is prone to errors. At this time we decided not to do this.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

Does the server transfer list just include ideas of transfers and assumes people can figure out all of the transfer possibilities? Or is that the concrete list. It seems there is a lot of confusion because every possibility wasn't listed. Kind of like people trying to figure out what time a patch hits for their time zone...
  10. NinjutsuMMO Augur

apparently thats the concrete list, but this is up for discussion i hope
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not if you are following the logic the devs are using.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

How many servers since agnarr have passed ldon?

Is that number of outages really even worth talking about after we just went through another abysmal tlp launch?

If there is one thing the devs and community know about eq players is that they can take a lot worse abuse...
  13. Xhartor Augur

I would think that allowing people to level to 60 on recent TLP, with an active leveling population, then transfer to Agnarr would be good for that server.

Biggest problem for people starting on Agnarr is no groups to level. Once you are around a playable level, the player base is friendly enough. That allows you a chance some item aren't available on Agnarr anymore.
    NinjutsuMMO likes this.
  14. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Exactly and nobody wants to be that guy that gets a power level and joins a raiding guild wearing rags and keeps on dying because you’re under geared.
    These tlps allow people to join Agnarr with raid gear ready to play in their favourite era...
    And doing tlps with everyone is Fun and exciting...

Lost of people plays them for the nostalgia and are not interested in the last 20 years worth of content so for them to transfer or park there characters on a locked server during the early days of eq would be great
  15. NinjutsuMMO Augur

What logic is that skuz ?
  16. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Would be cooler if they did it by level of character. Then I could take my worthless characters off of Coirnav, and put them to use on Mangler.

Yes, I did not think through what issues this could cause, so sue me, im tired.
  17. Numiko Augur

So still no fix for HA's on TLP's that was promised 2 months ago?

Yes spell levels were reduced but named mobs in them still hit like a truck and if your not in a full raid equipped group good luck.

I know its almost passed now for Phinny but other TLP's coming along should be concerned this one has seemed to been forgotten about.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Players may server transfer between progression servers that are in the same or later expansion and within the same or a less restricted ruleset.

Ruleset Restrictions:
    Expansion Locked (E) *Agnarr
    Voting Locked (V) *Ragefire
    Truebox (T) *Selos, *Phinigel, Coirnav, Mangler, Aradune

Moving from a Server without (E) to a server with (E) is not allowed
    Moving from a Server without (V) to a server with (V) is not allowed
    Moving from a Server without (T) to a server with (T) is not allowed
  19. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Necro epic still seems to function without reduction on Test tonight, which was confirmed as a bug on Live but no other update. I am aware that there was not a note in the patch, but we all know things get missed.

Does this mean that we're going to have to wait another month plus before a fix is put in? Does this mean you are walking back the nerf?
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Once Aradune has passed Agnaar will Agnarr be able to transfer to it?

Logic says yes