New Server Transfer Rules - 09/08/2020

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SunDrake, Sep 9, 2020.

1. SunDrake Augur

*** Progression Servers ***

- Players may server transfer between progression servers that are in the same or later expansion and within the same or a less restricted ruleset. True box is more restrictive than servers without it. Free trade (Firiona Vie ruleset) is less restrictive than servers without it. Voting unlock servers are more restrictive than servers without voting. This means:
    - - Characters on any progression server may transfer to live servers.
    - - Characters on Aradune, Agnarr, Coirnav, and Mangler may transfer to Phinigel.
    - - Characters on Aradune and Manger may transfer to Selo.
    - - Characters on Aradune may transfer to Mangler or Rizlona.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...9-08-2020-patch-notes-and-discussions.270091/

Thoughts?
  2. Talimat Elder

I would not be opposed to that, and it would help keep some people here supporting and paying for the game, that might otherwise be fed up and leave.
  3. SunDrake Augur

Talimat likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

This Means: ...... I wonder if the -- portion is just examples or is communicated poorly? Why can't Coirnav/Agnarr transfer to Selo? Can Aradune transfer to Coirnav or Agnarr? Is Ragefire the new prison server if you can leave Agnarr now but can't transfer to/from Ragefire since it is both LESS and MORE restrictive at the same time? (it has voting but no truebox)

Restricting non-truebox servers going to a truebox server in same era makes sense
    Only allowing transfer to a server in same era or further along makes sense
    Restricting FV type servers to one way transfers makes sense

Not allowing Rizlona players to transfer to Coirnav or Mangler doesn't make sense. Not allowing Ragefire players to move to any server past it doesn't make sense. And according to this Agnarr can transfer to Aradune when LDoN opens? Potential for a disruption there since Agnarr has been frozen at LDoN for like 3 years now.

It's a step in the right direction, shows they have put at least a bit of thought towards TLPs that aren't the newest one or the one they are planning to release in 6 months.
    Talimat likes this.
  5. SunDrake Augur

Yeah, these are the things that were going through my head, as well.

The way I am seeing it: Coirnav/Agnarr may not go to Selo's because all transfers seem to be to servers that opened at the same time or before them.

Ragefire is the real oddball here. I didn't play there, but I guess they look at non-True Box as a real advantage, even if in a later era? Like, you could technically set up a PL operation on Ragefire with much more ease, I suppose?

Miragul.. based on the rules I don't think this server is eligible for.. any transfers, at all? Like, you couldn't roll an account full of 85s and slowly transfer them anywhere, as that negates the purchase or gifting of Heroic characters.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. SunDrake Augur

What this also kinda squashes is the push for True Box to be removed in a certain era. It looks like with this decision they want True Box servers to always remain True Box. So what happens when Phinigel and Selo's hit live?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Coirnav and Ragefire will be in the same era sometime in 2021, I don't see any scenario where either server would be at an advantage/disadvantage to allow 2 way transfers. Do you?

And I completely forgot Miragul exists lol
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Oof, yeah thats possible too.
  9. NinjutsuMMO Augur

here is my message to Ngreth -

~ I don't see you listing Aradune and all future TLP's to Agnarr but if they're truebox like Agnarr id imagine you could as long as you transfer before LDoN which Agnarr is locked at correct ?

~ Were you just giving examples ?

~ Allowing people to leave Agnarr but not come to Agnarr would only kill off Agnarr and that's not good for anyone...

~ Allowing people to come to Agnarr from TLP's after experiencing 6 months to a year of the initial nostalgia is a win win for everyone who's not interested in doing the last 20 years worth of content other than classic EQ ie Agnarr...

~ I have not joined a new tlp since Agnarr and would definitely join them if i could come to Agnarr after...

____His Reply ____

We also needed the rules to be reasonable to our engineers.
    We don't have a method for one server to check the status of another server to see if the transfer is valid.

The servers a server can transfer to are a list. If that list changes, the server has to be brought down. AND it is a manual process to change that list.

So... allowing transfer to Agnarr "until" cannot be done automatically, and would require intervention every time, AND bringing down a server as soon as it passes LDoN, which would enrage anyone on that server.

Timing it for a patch before that happens and turning it off is possible, but since it is a manual, human driven process, is prone to errors. At this time we decided not to do this.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. SunDrake Augur

As someone who played on Coirnav, I kinda do, yeah. I can't stand True Box, so I never wanted to play by the rules and play six characters on Coirnav. On Ragefire, I would have totally been playing six characters. So if they merge in the same era, Ragefire would have that edge.

Like I said, this feels like something that, when initiated, will lock True Box in forever.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

I mean, if you play 6 toons on 1 pc on Ragefire and wanted to transfer to Coirnav and truebox 6 toons, so what? Likewise if you truebox 6 on Coirnav and decide to jump to Ragefire and play em all on 1 pc...no one is winning or losing here. Its not like on Rizlona you can run your group around farm and ton of plat/items and jump to Aradune and disrupt the economy potentially. Underfoot is so deep in the game and everything is no trade / instanced I just don't see the issue personally.
  12. SunDrake Augur

I can't edit so I will state: despite that, I would still be in favor of allowing that meet up of the two servers. I am of the opinion that True Box should not exist beyond a certain era, as the decision to launch TLPs every year has left what population that wants to remain on a server very hindered in their ability to progress. On live, during the actual release of these expansions, you did not have people having to True Box their way through TSS+
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree, it has a purpose and that purpose goes away in OoW ish when everything is instanced and there is no OW. For sure by TSS. In the truebox thread I linked an article that referenced when they removed it originally and while the article used terms like "last year" it was sometime between OoW and DoDH that the 1 copy of the game on 1 PC was removed.
    SunDrake likes this.
  14. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

So, these are free transfers? Would it be better to start a character on Aradune, and then transfer him to Mangler?
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

No indication they are free transfers.
  16. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

thanks
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

TFW even Darkpaw forgot Miragul existed.
    Roxas MM likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Live truebox servers with AOC it seems
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

[IMG]
    Vindaven likes this.
  20. Azurefrost Elder

So, does this mean when Aradune reaches PoP/LDoN that fully time geared players can transfer from Agnarr to Aradune?