Test Update 09/08/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 8, 2020.

1. EQ Dev Developer

September 8, 2020

*** Quests & Events ***

- Shared tasks will now accurately display a max duration of 24 hours rather than listing unlimited time remaining.
    - Franklin Teek remembered that there is no such thing as "highlor" kobolds in Norrath, and has realized that he meant "highland" kobolds. He apologizes to all adventurers who he confused.

*** Spells ***

- Corrected an issue that would cause the messages displayed when a spell is overwritten or wears off to either fail to display or display incorrectly.
    - Enchanter - Corrected a missing item that made level 111 animations take more melee damage than intended.

*** AA ***

- Corrected an issue that was preventing multiple Alternate Advancement Abilities from activating from a single hotkey press.

*** NPCs ***

- Lord Bergurgle is no longer susceptible to charm.

*** Overseer ***

- Fixed an issue that caused the 21st Anniversary Overseer Quest "I Guess This is Growing Up" to remain available after the event had ended.
    - Conversion quests no longer enforce rules for iconic Agents, meaning that you can have more than one of an iconic Agent on a single conversion quest at a time.
    - - You can now start or complete conversion quests when you have hit the active or completed quest caps and they continue to not count towards these caps.
    - The DBC costs to recover an incapacitated agent have been rebalanced. The minimum cost to recover an agent has slightly increased while the cost to recover an agent with a multi-day incapacitation has decreased significantly.
    - Modified how Available Agents are sorted in the Quests tab for non-conversion quests. They are now sorted by the total number of matching traits and jobs, then by job ranks, rarity, and finally name. This change will usually result in sorting Agents with the highest potential contribution ahead of the pack.
    - - Conversion Quests now sort by the total number of idle duplicates in descending order, then by name.
    - Optional quest party slots now display their required job rank.
    - Agents who offer no benefit to a quest no longer appear in the Available Agents list in the Quests tab.
    - Unavailable agents are now sorted to the end of the Available Agents list.
    - Added a tooltip that displays an agent's name, jobs, and traits when hovering your mouse over an agent's minimized portrait.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Players may server transfer between progression servers that are in the same or later expansion and within the same or a less restricted ruleset. True box is more restrictive than servers without it. Free trade (Firiona Vie ruleset) is less restrictive than servers without it. Voting unlock servers are more restrictive than servers without voting. This means:
    - - Characters on any progression server may transfer to live servers.
    - - Characters on Aradune, Agnarr, Coirnav, and Mangler may transfer to Phinigel.
    - - Characters on Aradune and Manger may transfer to Selo.
    - - Characters on Aradune may transfer to Mangler or Rizlona.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- When starting a new shared task or dynamic zone, players in a group or raid will be added in order by what group they are in from 1 to 12 in the raid window, followed by ungrouped players. The raid leader will always be added first. This is to alleviate the need to remove and reinvite additional players if there isn't room for them in the instance. Within a single group, the order players are added to the instance is not necessarily what is displayed in the raid window.
    - On new characters, autosplit will now be enabled by default.
    - Fixed the models in the Misty Thicket to be more consistent with other fire beetles.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue that would prevent the reward selection window from displaying your pending rewards.
    - Fixed an issue where /grouproles could cause your client to crash.

- Changed -
    EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    ForumBoss, Duder, Mithra and 3 others like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

How many times can you transfer? E.g. can you do aradune then mangler for a month then next month Phinny then live?

Is it free?
  3. Captain Video Augur

OMG. My #1 most-annoying bug of all time has been fixed. I'm going to have to roll a new toon to celebrate.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Huge transfer news.
  5. Thez69 Elder

If I can transfer from Agnarr to Phingel why not Agnarr to Mangler? I dont see the difference in ruleset and one would be actually viable
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Misty thicket had the better fire beetle modle.
    Moege likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just looked now, its the Convorteum beetle I approve, now need to change the ones in Freeport, Commonlands and Qeynos.

Would also be nice to get the wolves changed back to their updated models instead of the horrid block model they are now. :)
    Moege likes this.
  8. Drewie Augur

I sometimes happen to select an agent with no benefit only to be able to add more agents with benefits and still reach a high enough success rate. Does that mean that all party members now have to match at least one of the benefits listed for their quest ?
    Cacky and svann like this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Is /testcopy not working AGAIN? We just had a 3 week wait from the lame housing bug and now we're going to have to wait another week? I was thinking of buying the expansion for some alt accounts today but this has me rethinking that plan.
  10. NinjutsuMMO Augur

- Players may server transfer between progression servers that are in the same or later expansion and within the same or a less restricted ruleset.

Can i make characters on all the new TLP's and transfer my characters to AGNARR in pop or ldon ???

for many people on agnarr we dont want to leave and having a chance to join the tlp's but return our characters home to agnarr after pop would be most appreciated
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It would have the same transfer rules as any other server I imagine... and same costs.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Can't delete this post but disregard. Was given incorrect info and should have checked myself before posting. My apologies.
  13. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Allowing people to leave Agnarr but never come to Agnarr from a new TLP will kill Agnarr off IMO...

people should be able to come to Agnarr in classic / kunark / velious / luclin / pop / LDoN...

many people enjoy early EQ and TLP's and Agnarr is the perfect server to come to after you spend a year on a new TLP...

Aradune and Agnarr are both Truebox too but its not listed for some reason Aradune to Agnarr ?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They can still create a character on the Agnarr server if they wish, nothing stopping them doing that, fact is very few have done that lately, if anything the ability to transfer off later on if they wish will open up the server to players actually starting there to begin with far more than it had been.

Maybe, but it's such a short road from classic to LDoN on a server already in the position Agnarr is that creating a character there is as viable an option, you can be 65 in hours if you have people to help you & a week or two without much help.

Paying to transfer a level 50 or 60 character to a server with level cap of 65 especially if you plan to transfer off it again later is a waste of money plain & simple.

TL;DR anyone who wants the Agnarr experience is already there, and the tiny few who might want to in the future can roll there just the same as always, but now if they get bored they can leave. This complaining about Agnarr not qualifying for being a target server for transfers is largely an exercise in denial.
  15. NinjutsuMMO Augur

it sounds so simple when you say it like that but how do people on Agnarr organize raids for all 7 expansions and acquire items for their classes when the tlps raid that in era nonstop ?

obviously there is an advantage in playing on a new tlp and then transferring to agnarr after

not to mention being able to farm items that dont drop anymore
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The transfer rules are based on moving to a same or "less restrictive" rule set, Agnarr has the most restrictive ruleset of any server being capped at LDoN - what part of that don't you understand?

Classic FOMO
  17. NinjutsuMMO Augur

"- Players may server transfer between progression servers that are in the same or later expansion and within the same or a less restricted ruleset. True box is more restrictive than servers without it."

not sure how Agnarr doesnt classify as a later or same expansion as aradune since it would be later if you transfered befolre LDoN and its the same in terms of truebox..
    Skuz you have a comment for every post and thread made by every player on the forums, is there anything you dont have a opinion about ?
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

No server besides Agnarr is expansion-capped to LDoN, that's why it cannot be transferred to, it is by definition more restricted than any other server including ANY that happen to not have moved beyond LDoN.

Forums are there to allow everyone to share their opinions, I happen to have an opinion on most things, what ya gonna do about it? cry, whine, tell me to shut up, put me on ignore or actually construct a well thought out rational rebuttal. You choose.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. NinjutsuMMO Augur

[IMG]

So in your opinion its ok to transfer OFF Agnarr but not let people come too Agnarr, ok thanks
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

More of a fact then an opinion at this point.
    Winnowyl, Corwyhn Lionheart and Skuz like this.