Invis and ITU?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's PRECISELY why it's funny. They're doing it wrong to begin with, which is why they always have to clarify how they're going to do it. And then do it wrong, anyway!

2. Tallie Elder

Or be using two computers :)
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Yendar Augur

If you are boxing, create a hot key on the toon you are casting IVU with. Put a pause 5 and then your /alt act IVUAA. Click hotkey, click then click invisible hotkey in other toon.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I tried as explained, but just can't get it to work. Cast a group invis with 3.25 sec cast time, then cast quick ITU on the SK, which lands before the invis does. I can see the ITU on the SK, and it drops as soon as the ITU lands. Very frustrating.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You have it backwards. You want regular inviso to land first, then IVU.

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tips_and_Guides#Double_invisibility
    “It is possible to have both invisibility and invisibility to undead (IVU) on your character at the same time. To do so you need to have regular invisibility on you first and then have IVU cast on you.”
    CrazyLarth and Yinla like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

DOH!

Thanks, that worked.
    Fanra and Zynt like this.
  7. eqgamer Augur

Going to assume you figured it out as one has mentioned already how to do: invis then itu

Edit: I should have read last thread :p
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

I cast on 2 diff puters with my wizard casting reg invis and my sk casting ITU. I just try and click em at the same time, some times I hit it some times I do not. Oh they both are casting the AA versions not memmed spells.
  9. Greymantle Augur

Part of the issue with stacking them is the cast times. Most reg invis are insta cast, while IVU has a cast time. So the trick is to have the caster of IVU start to cast , then while is casting , cast reg invis.Takes a bit of practice and coordination with 2 toons casting at the same time but you can double inv. your whole group this way.
  10. Xerzist Augur

I second the bard, although you gotta level it all the way. And they are basically a skeleton wrapped in toilet paper with tin cans stuck on them. Why even GIVE THEM PLATE REEEEEEEEEEE!
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, at the rate I level chars, that's not even a possibility. The servers would close down before I got a fresh new char to 110 ;)
  12. Nadisia Augur

Nah, seriouly ;)
    Bard is probably the easiest class to powerlevel :
    Load a level 2 AE DoT song (chords of dissonance), and ... AFK sing that song.

Grab a big damage shield on your main, and pull big trains inside the bard AE, or put the bard on follow.
    Your bard will be 85+ in no time, and you'll be able to use it in your group
  13. Crystilla Augur

Yup, it's been said but the trick is regular invis has to land FIRST (not necessarily be cast first FYI) and then ITU land SECOND.

I start casting an actual spell version of ITU first then he does his instant AA invis. His lands first, mine second. (Granted, there are ways to do it with both perma, but this works well enough for us.)