Labor Day Weekend Bonus!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Oldschool AF New Member

I thought time was the same everywhere. learn something new everyday
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Time is not the same everywhere - not even in the game
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Cazmac Augur

Because there can be no such time as 12am. 12.01am, yes; 12am no. Same goes, of course, for 12pm; it cannot exist because it does not belong, as it were, in any day, but is *between* days! See?
    Herf likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought adding combine all was a big improvement to tradeskilling?
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You are correct sir! For those on earth or in orbit time passes faster the further from the earth's gravitational centre you are. Time goes by faster in a penthouse then on the ground floor, relatively speaking of course :)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-bad-news-if-you-own-a-penthouse-2088195.html

"It means that the clocks were able to perceive the dilation of time with height above ground that was first predicted by Einstein. For every foot above ground, for instance, the clocks showed that someone would age about 90 billionths of a second faster over a 79-year lifetime, Dr Chou said."
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

As always, Wikipedia is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight
    What Skuz says is not exactly correct. Rather, each day ends at 11:59:5999 (repeating) or 24:00. Yes, I want to be truly pedantic and say it doesn't end at the final second but at the smallest possible measurement of 0.5 x10-43 seconds. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, great explanation. :)

After all that, Dreamweaver's "Friday, September 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM PDT" is correct and mostly not confusing. However, as the NIST suggests, perhaps 00:01 am might avoid almost all confusion in the future (it is impossible to not have someone confused o_O ).

This post brought to you by the Obsessive Compulsive Society, which reminds you it is CDO, not OCD, because CDO is in alphabetical order, as it should be!
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Dovhesi Elder

Can we get dbl evo xp added in there too? Pls n thx
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dreamweaver listened to our confusion and has listed the next set of September bonuses starting at 11:59 PM :)

/cheer
    Herf and Fanra like this.
  9. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

This is an interesting problem of ambiguity. If the announcement had not said "midnight" at all, and simply said "Friday, September 4, 12:00 am PST", then that would be less ambiguous. That is because it makes more sense for 12:00am and 12:01 am to fall on the same day, thus 12:00am on 9/4 would be one minute earlier on the same day as 12:01 am on 9/4. Which also lines up with what "AM" and "PM" mean. AM = ante meridian and PM = post meridian. 11:59 pm is thus 11 hours and 59 minutes after the Sun reaches its highest point on that day, while 12:00 am is 12 hours before the Sun reaches its highest point on that day. This is why it switches from 11:59pm to 12:00am at "midnight" between two days. Also, 12:00 am is equivalent to 00:00 in 24-hour time, I believe, which would unambiguously be the start of the day listed.

I think that travel schedules do avoid using 12:00 am as an arrival or departure time specifically to avoid this ambiguity.

Noon is less of a problem, because there would be no confusion about what calendar day was involved.

[Note: Ha, others had beat me to it. That's what I get for replying to a post near the top before reading the rest of the thread.]
  10. TLP Addict Augur

How does the exp bonus interact with xp pots? If I use a 25% xp pot do I get 125% or 150% xp? Or something different.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

It also didn't say "midnight" originally and people told me that would help make it more clear. So...ymmv.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

They are additive you would be at +125%
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

125% is multiplicative, bonus is additive as in (base exp * bonus 1) + (base exp * bonus 2) + (base exp * bonus n). Depending on where you are there can be other bonus' running so double exp and 25% exp potion will not be 125%.
  14. Droctrebor Journeyman

So if we are running a Lesson, will that equate to 300% experience total for 30 minutes ?
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

It will equate to base exp + (base exp * 100%) + (base exp * 100%) + ... + (base exp * n bonus), up to the integer limit. Can't remember if they changed to an extended integer for exp but I remember at one point people found out that the integer limit on exp was about 5 AAs. It stacks in that you get the benefit of both the bonus exp weekend and lesson, but with various other bonuses that may be running or ZEM the effective exp may not be 300% compared to prior to the bonus.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tips_and_Guides#Experience_modifiers
    If anyone has any corrections for this, please let me know, or even better, edit the wiki yourself. That's what wikis are all about, everyone can edit.:)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. KermittheFroglok Augur

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Soulbanshee Augur

ZEM and other server bonuses add in too, so it would be exp + (exp * lesson) + (exp * bonus) + (exp * ZEM) + (exp * fast exp server). When people complained that a 50% exp weekend they were not seeing 50% addition of exp this is how it was explained. So the caveat is you get all the exp bonus but calculated with all the other bonuses you could be having, you would not actually see an increase of X% from without the bonus. The limit looks about correct unless they implemented the extended integer that allows to go over the 32-bit int. I would expect that the 12.5% would vary depending on how many exp points are needed for the next level. The 5 AA would be right as the amount of exp for an AA is pretty much a static calculation.
  19. Mediik Augur

WTB double chase loot xp.. just sayin
  20. Geko Elder

You guys just cut the double exp 23 hours early.

"Double Experience for all servers starts Friday, September 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM PDT (Midnight) and ends Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 11:00 PM PDT"

That would be 23 hours from now............
    Aanuvane, Winnowyl and Duder like this.