Labor Day Weekend Bonus!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 2, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's time for Labor Day weekend in the United States and we're going to celebrate it in Norrath with a bonus!

Double Experience for all servers starts Friday, September 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM PDT (Midnight) and ends Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 11:00 PM PDT

Looking for other bonuses? Stay tuned for the Fall Fun bonuses announcement tomorrow!
    HoodenShuklak, Herf, Fanra and 6 others like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

This is excellent, of course, except for the sillyness of starting or ending anything at noon or midnight anywhere. Recommend changing schedule to 11:55 / 12:05 as appropriate!
    Cazmac and Nolrog like this.
  3. Totenmaske New Member

Fantastic news. Thank you DBG. Took some time off to take advantage.
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. Droctrebor Journeyman

Awesome, thank you !!!
  5. ajschliewe Elder

Of course they are. Always when I go on vacation.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

When you miss a meeting... :)
  7. Mismezz New Member

So is this Thursday night or Friday night?
    Cazmac likes this.
  8. calianeeye New Member

Heck Yea !)) Ty DBG
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

12:00 am Friday PDT
    03:00 am Friday EDT
    (07:00 am GMT)
    08:00 am Friday BST
    09:00hrs Friday CEST
  10. Lilura Augur

I always appreciate the bonus exp but I hope some day you can grant us improved tradeskilling. Faster skillups and/or reduced failure. Pok would probably crash from all the TSing.
    Cazmac likes this.
  11. Riou EQResource

Thursday night / Friday morning
    Cazmac, Yinla and Mismezz like this.
  12. Lyolas New Member

Me and my prodigal toons have just returned home this week after running away from home for longer than I want to admit to. Thank you! Thank you! Hooglie the 38 Troll Shaman on Drinal especially thanks you and so does his mom since he will now spend his entire weekend playing outside and not bothering her! She was just telling him today how we can have a gold account if he's a good little Troll and stays outside as much as possible, like preferably all the time!
  13. Dibab Augur

as soon as its 12am friday pac
  14. Itaru Journeyman

For those people who don't understand how time works? :p
    eqgamer likes this.
  15. Szilent Augur

yes :(
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Small explainer for those who do still genuinely struggle with this.

12am is the chronological start of a new day
    12pm is the mid-point of the chronological new day.

Each day ends at 11:59:59 pm or 23:59:59 hrs or if you want to be truly pedantic about it the final second of each day begins then & it ends simultaeneously as the new day begins.

A lot of folks are confused by the 12pm/12am & midnight / midday (noon) because of it being dark at 12am midnight & the "night" part of word midnight makes a lot of people think that it cannot be the morning of a new day if its being called night, its just how human brains pattern recognition works.

Midday / mid-day or Noon GMT is when the sun is at its highest point (Zenith) exactly above the Prime Meridian, it is 1200 noon at Greenwich. So connversely Midnight or mid-night is when the sun is at the lowest point (Nadir) directly beneath the Prime Meridian. All other times are based off GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
    Herf likes this.
  18. eqgamer Augur

100% is great and appreciated - time to top off the alts - thank you DPG.
  19. Goofydoofy Journeyman

It's tomorrow.
  20. Nolrog Augur

Thursday night into Friday. 12:00 AM is the first minute of the new day.