You asked!: Torment of Velious is on Sale!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

As Dreamweaver mentioned in the News and Announcements;

From September 1 - October 20, 2020 ToV is on sale -25% off!

Standard
    $34.99 Now: $26.24
    In-Game it stats $26.29

Collector's
    $89.99 Now: $67.49

Premium
    $139.99 Now: $104.99

Family & Friends
    $249.99 Now: $187.49

find it here :https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

So, are YOU behind in expansions?

*Difference in pricing. /bug?
    I'm wondering if we get -10% off being Gold (Paid to play) status if we purchase via in-game DB button?
    (I own all expansions so there is no way for me to check)
  2. Zamiam Augur

3. NeverPayForLag Augur

This looks a bit off... wasn't it half the price last year?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And half off for many years before that.
    Dibab likes this.
  5. MageGuy MageGuy

Right but they also didn't put it on sale this early either. Maybe it drops another 25 in 2 months.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Lisard like this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

hopeful , but I doubt it ..
    If people buy it when its on 25% off .. then they would be pretty upset if it dropped another 25% after they just bought it ..
    It would just be better if DPG just made it 50% off .. I would guarantee they would make at least 200 off of me today .. possibly more by end of month ..
    Until then i'll save my money
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

who buys it for that price instead of waiting till next expansion? Its no real big difference, its paying twice... some have too much money or are too much addicted... makes logically no sense to me...
    But thanks for the intel...
  8. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I would be super pissed if I bought it at 25% off and found out they reduced the price again later. I don't in the past they ever had the price drop twice, they just had the solid 50% off.
  9. Visitor Augur

It has been 50% off for several years and it has been coming late in august, but we is addicts, and my new accounts with their Free HC from spring have got to level to 115, sigh.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I agree - they'd be stupid to pull something like that. Unfortunately, that also means we get to deal with the 25% off rather than 50% off. I've never purchased expansions during this sale period before, but this year I was planning on doing it for my shammy so that I could PL him to 115 for buffs and maybe score some rotting loot pinata raid gear... but now he'll sit at F2P level 110 and be happy about it. I doubt I'll get him the next expansion, too, so if DPG was thinking they'd just recoup some of the revenue from those who buy the next expansion, they miscalculated.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I bet you chit diamonds :)

Reminds me of this one guy, "yeah, thanks for the Snowbound.. it will be sometime before I can afford the ore to make it "
    I asked: "when was the last time you paid any money into the game?"
    He replied: " about 2 years now "

Me:" Why are you people here!?"

His reply: "well I paid for over 10 years " .. my reply: " yeah! that's great, the guy took your money when he sold it too!"

Game expansions go for 40-50 bucks. It is $26 now WTF?

... and people are complaining?

Do you want to see adds ?
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

To put it in perspective, $35 is equivalent to 2 movie tickets or a dinner for 2 at a mid-range restaurant. It's not necessarily going to break your bank.

The average Valorant weapon skin bundle is $70-100. A Fortnite skin bundle is $20. Fall Guys skins fall under the more modest $5-$10 range.

Daybreak expects more sales from people seeking edition upgrades for the cosmetics than folks buying basic for their F2P accounts.
  13. Nolrog Augur

A move like that is just asking for trouble. There would be wide spread complaints of bait and switch (yes I know it's not but that's what they will say.)
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Bobokin Augur

It is all opportunity costs.

This is a money grab, as is the old expac going for $79.99. Someone in marketing thought this was a good idea. They believe most of the player base are just old addicts anyway.

By the way, I only see movies on $5 night. $35 is seven films.
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Hrm, is this an example of a red herring fallacy or a false dichotomy? Could go either way.

Point is, its not useful to point out what ELSE we could be spending our money on. We choose to spend our money on everquest, and the tradition for the last eight years is that the current expansion goes on 50% sale a certain period of time before the official beta announcement/beta pre-sales. Justifying the cost by pointing out what else you could be spending cash on is a pointless waste of data packets traversing the internet.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. Your quote proves a point. Some feel like a captive audience. But, it's a free market.

2. Pricing is subjective. Each company or vendor has every right to change their prices. It's not a charity and they're not subsidized by taxpayers. I suspect Daybreak has a quota to meet by the end of the fiscal quarter. They run the risk of getting less revenue because of the mark up, sure. People can march with their dollars. It's a free market.

I suspect the issue is most players have figured to "wait it out" until October each year to buy the Collector and Premium tiers. Because of the expectation of the 50% off sale, it probably hurt regular priced sales of higher tiers throughout the year.

Personally, I think a 40% off would have been less dramatic but it is what it is.
    svann likes this.
  18. Zamiam Augur

I doubt DPG will sell as many ToV expansions for 25% off as they thought they would if they are hurting for money for the fiscal quarter already im gonna assume when/if they announce the pre-order's they will up the price on all the packages..

If we even get an expansion this year .. would be nice if Jchen or a Dev would comment and let us in on a hint or 2 about the "upcoming expansion" like if we will actually get one or dont hold our breath type of hint ..
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The last expansion was announced at the end of October after the normal expansion sale so it is way to early to worry about no expansion news.

This is of course ignoring all the evidence that a new expansion is in the works such as next expansion collectables dropping in Mearatas and it was even mentioned in the patch notes for August.

20. Zamiam Augur

*** Previously Updated *** - Fixed an issue where one set of next year's collectibles were dropping from creatures in Mearatas.

I can take this literally and "next year's " can mean 2021's expansion .. the expansions usually are released in Nov or Dec... being's they stated Next year I can only assume we will not be getting one this Dec ?

More than likely they will combine expansion #27 with next year's anniversary event or might even push it till June 2021.. jmho ..