I don't understand the hate for TEQB on this server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ronluwen, Sep 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronluwen Elder

No joke, I think it's the most laid back, non toxic, least hardcore version of Faceless I've ever played on a TLP with.

The guild I'm in is nowhere near a batphone guild. Most of us wouldn't even consider doing that. Yet, in classic we stumbled across a handful of open world kills in Fear/Hate/Sky that we weren't even looking for. We pretty much killed Phinny open world whenever we wanted.

We're not even 2 weeks into Kunark, and we had one of the first groups to 60 because we were just allowed to freely exp with no training or exploiting. On Selo a faceless mage repeatedly trained us in AC with coth mobs just for the fun of it. Faceless wizards would also hang out around aoe pull spots and steal pulls, then brag about being full exp/aa and not needing the exp.

We've been able to complete epics as we feel, we even have a wizard with epic + mana robe. We were also able to get enough VP keys done that we killed PD last night with less than 30. The majority of our mains should be in VP within 3 weeks of the server opening, with pretty much all of them keyed within one month giving us two months of splitting it down.

I just don't see them being nearly as "hardcore" as past iterations.

I also don't see the appeal of batphoning. AM has seen all there is to see in Kunark within two weeks of server launch, and the majority still work jobs and sleep at night.
  2. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

8/10 troll post. I would rate it a 3/10 but you got extra points only because calling us an iteration of Faceless was a sick burn.
  3. Thalliius Augur

Well that is certainly 1 area where you differ from the demographic of TEQB
  4. Ronluwen Elder

No troll. I think you guys have been really chill.
  5. Kubat Apprentice

Congrats!
    Gynek and Galaras like this.
  6. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Well TEB is not in any way an iteration of faceless.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

a casual wizard with epic in era really is a feat though. Is this server dead already?

Gms leaving next expac might be the boost we need.
  8. Fizon Elder

I don't understand how people are still on that server. I'm all for "toxic" gameplay, blocking, and dps races but against 400 your options suck. It's no wonder Mangler is still going so strong
  9. RizLoaner Elder

Don't give them any ideas. It's a blessing all these toxic people stick to Aradune and don't infect the other servers with the overt toxicity.
  10. Ruination Elder

I mean if it was cleric epic you could make a point saying it's disruptive, but wizard epic is meh
  11. Ronluwen Elder

I've played on Mayong, Ragefire, Lockjaw, Agnarr, Selo, and now Aradune. This is easily the least toxic server I've ever been on. The majority of the server will see anything they want to in era, minus maybe a few wizards and chanters.
    ttin and Galaras like this.
  12. Ronluwen Elder

Wrong thread buddy. That's like a few posts down/up. I dunno for sure.
    ttin likes this.
  13. Ronluwen Elder

I guess you're all the same in my mind.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Actually, you are. <Faceless> was one of the first ruthless guilds on TLPs. The way they played influenced future TLPs, including <TEB>. Your guild is simply the (de)evolution of how previous guilds have played and succeeded on TLPs.
    Mismezz likes this.
  15. Galaras Lorekeeper

Nothing against Faceless but you're giving them a lot of credit when it was originally RoI and IV on Combine/Sleeper, then TL on Fippy, then TL/Faceless on Ragefire/Lockjaw, then AoS on Phinny. It's just the way EQ is designed and before AoC's it was much more brutal because there was a big incentive for the top guilds to lock others out of the high end raid zones.

If there is one caveat to that, the player base in general also has much different expectations when playing as well. Leveling is much faster and in general the game is just easier. With AoC's everyone expects to have access to everything which simply wasn't the case in the past.
  16. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Wru talking about? Like galaras above pointed out, Faceless is not what started it. Faceless were beat on all the servers they competed on against another top guild (TL back in the day, and Amtrak on selos).
  17. Lejaun Augur

You are right, they aren't. They are just one of the more memorable names. You could throw in guilds like OGC or Citizen as well, in terms of play styles that have morphed down through each TLP. <TEB> is just the latest version of these guilds. Maybe not the same people, but the same style of play with blitzing and locking content from other players as they step over them.

You want respect from the community? Accomplish what you are doing without being braggarts. Respect other players instead of trying to run all over them. Go out of your way to help other players. Be the guild that stands up for other players being bullied. That's how you earn real respect.
    Vindar and Aneuren like this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

What makes you think they are interested in respect from their fellow EQ players? Fame and noteriety seem to be more accurate.
  19. haaaalp Augur

Faceless is a joke
  20. Weebles Augur

Faceless wasn’t competing on Selo’s, lol. *maybe* during the first week of launch, idunno, wasn’t there, but we gave no shats about “racing” in PoP, GoD, and Omens.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.