Only 25%?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Sep 1, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So the TOV is on sale but only 25% off. Not the usual 50%. But this sale ends Oct 20 so I wonder if they will whip out a 50% off then?

Really bummed over this. You can make more money at 50% due to making more sales than you would at 25% making less sales.

Guess I will only get 1 instead of 4 since its only 25% off.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is a bit disappointing.

The limited discount is probably due the presence of the Family and Friend Bundle this time around. Although, the regular tiers could go 50% off and keep FnF at 25% off unless there's some market coding limitations.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

my guess and im only hoping that they will start with 25% off and as it gets closer to oct 20th they will raise it to 50% .. as I said im only guessing and hoping for DPG sake as like catpaws mentioned being only 25% I will only buy 1 or 2 basics now instead of 5 .. but i'll wait till Oct 20th to see if they raise the discount more..

Also they haven't even announced a new expansion yet .. usually when the previous expansion goes on sale we've had an announcement.. and with the pandemic and all and not knowing if we will even get an expansion this year I find it surprising that DPG is 1st having not announced the new expansion and 2nd only giving us 25% off .. cause If there is not going to be an expansion this year I would think they would want to make as much money as possible .. cheating us out of 25% doesnt sound like they want to make that much to me .. jmho
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good theory, makes sense.

Would have preferred they split the F&F off and gave it a 25% discount and the rest the usual 50% but makes no bones to me, I'll just skip it & wait till next expansion opens.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  5. eqzekisdead Augur

I AM A BIT DISAPPOINTED ALSO.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

ya so I just did the math and I wont be buying any of the basic expansions at all .. I'll wait till next expansion comes out and buy it for $30 bucks vs $25(ToV) i'll spend the extra $5 bucks and get the most up to date expansion. And i'll only be buying 2 of them out of my 12 accounts .. sorry DPG you loose again ..
  7. Razorfall Augur

Looks like the expansion sales got the same treatment as the tank belts.

DAMMIT CICILEE I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS NOW

:(
    Allayna likes this.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

Ditto, now here's something we can agree on.

I might buy the F&F because that's a decent deal and it'll help me fill out my gnome crate collection. But I struggle to justify buying the expac goodies for all my boxes now if its only marked down a little.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

All you do is post about how you're NOT spending money on this game. Unsure why you think anyone cares, especially the company that you are using their resources for free and not paying anything. Don't be a bum.
    MageGuy likes this.
  10. Asnjas1 New Member

Imagine how much they could make at 90% off with more sales than 50% with less sales.
  11. Zamiam Augur

and all you do is post about my complaining like I really care ...
    I'm just stating a fact and my opinion as to why they are not going to make as much .. its jmho
    and the fact is they dont make as much money on me as they could .. yes I dont spend money on this game until the expansions go on sale last year I bought 6 iirc basics and 2 premiums when they went on sale .. this year nada i'll wait till next year and see if they go back to the 50% off .. if not guess ToV will be my last expansion.. untill F2P catches up with the next next expansion :p
  12. Bobokin Augur

LOL! o_O DBG is run by people who obviously never took an economics course.

Thanks! I saved some cash by not even having to consider purchasing this for my kids who rarely play Everquest anyway.
  13. Lisard Silly

what a silly thing to gripe about. Karens of Norrath.
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

They get greedy... wanted to buy it for all alts.. but now I don't buy anything. Disappointing. But at least I can spare my money till december and will see if the new expansion is worth the money at all. If Darkpaw gets greedy while xpacs are so small, then its time to change the perspective...
    Ezbro likes this.
  15. Lisard Silly

Greedy? you do know they don't even have to offer the discount at all, right?
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They have offered this discount for the last 8 years. Since 2012. Perhaps they could recoup the loss by charging more for the next expansion?

Look for it...........
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Zamiam Augur

dont give them any Ideas CatsPaws;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  18. NeverPayForLag Augur

you know that I don't need to buy it at all?

Some forget the principle "the customer is the king"....
    poor sheeps...
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The 50% off was great while it lasted but everyone was "gaming the system" by waiting to upgrade to Collector/Premium every October.

Daybreak has probably realized that expansion cosmetics have more staying value than typical "fluff." (They also moved the illusion to the Premium tier).

Now, personally, I'll probably buy 1 premium expac upgrade instead of any extras for my boxes.

It is what it is.
  20. Lisard Silly

its not a principle its a mantra. its to keep the customer in mind. which they did, by offering a 25% discount.

i feel sorry for your sheeps.