Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It does get boring to have a piece of gear that you will never replace and only upgrade slightly every expansion.
    Vumad likes this.
  2. shroomie Elder

And to that, all are free to replace it. But at least there would be an option to keep it relevant or at minimum a reason to keep it in your bag. Heck just make your class spells 10% cheaper when you have it in your inventory. It is "epic" afterall which by definition should be class-defining.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It may have been epic 15 years ago but that doesn't mean it should be epic now.
    Vumad, Duder and Skuz like this.
  4. shroomie Elder

Guess it doesn't matter if I disagree because clearly DB agrees with you and epics are now just nostalgia pieces with zero value. My only point is that is a shame and I would like them to have some relevance, even if just a trophy you can put in your house and get a small buff or get a discount on your class spells with. It's just a paperweight. It shouldn't be called "epic." It should be called "obsolete artifact."
  5. Mlipus New Member

Last nerf to do to make necros completely useless is to put the wounds line on the same timer.
    Bye bye necro raiders. 8(
  6. Ibudin Augur

Pfft, da heck with wounds. Tired of casting those on mobs, and 2 minutes later raid leaders complain because....OMG who just loaded another round of dots on the mob.
    menown likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Tell me, how long were the epic 1.0 relevant after they were introduced?

By the next expansion they were getting replaced, just like most 2.0 were, only Necromancer epic didn't it was the exception not the rule, and now it is in the same boat as all of the others as it should have been.

Your argument is ridiculous today, and if it was ever a good one it was 15 years ago when you should have been making it.
  8. Sancus Augur

:confused:
    Zaray, svann, scaethach and 3 others like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And there was me thinking Necromancer was an intelligence-based class....
    Szilent likes this.
  10. shroomie Elder

Sorry that this is such a sore point for you. I stick with my opinion that it would be neat if epic weapons retained some--even small--amount of relevance. Go ahead, I'll let you have the last word since you feel so strongly about it.

Happy hunting :)
  11. Mookus Augur

My wiz epic is now an ornament I wear on each weapon upgrade I’ve had for a while. I’d say it is still quite relevant to me In that it makes my character easily recognizable as a wizard.
    Vumad, shroomie and Skuz like this.