Fixed Internally Spell gem lockup not fixed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Drakang, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Drakang Augur

I have had the issue without a bard in group. But today I did have one and spells and abilities locked up on quicktime. Using an instant cast AA still unlocks them. But looks like the fix did not solve everything.
    Jumbur, eqMath, Vekaras and 13 others like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I ran into this wednesday evening as well when I had a bard in group.
    I assume it was quicktime that did it but I'm not positive.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Chopin.Xegony Augur

This still isn't fixed
    svann and Duder like this.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

I can confirm both from others telling me they immediately re-blocked Quick Time, and then again on my own cleric when I experienced the bug.
  5. smash Augur

Think it can be hard to provoke, other times it is easy.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

Clerics can spam out an amazing amount of healing. Doing this non-stop tends to trigger it eventually with Quick Time in the mix.

I keep forgetting to test the theory that it has anything to do with the ability landing or wearing off mid cast. I could imagine negative casting time or something as a result of that causing the effect? I did NOT test that though. I keep forgetting to.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Can someone detail reproduction steps?
  8. Sancus Augur

I'll test again today, but I suspect this post is still relevant.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

As noted in that post, the fact that server and client are desynced on buff timers, by at least 1 tick, might be relevant.

I'm starting to think that this issue might be the same phenomenon as discipline lockout because of the desync. The symptom is that you cannot activate a new disc for at least 1 tick after the current disc has faded on the client side. For tanks this leaves a painful gap between e.g. Fortitude and Ultimate Stand that players have gotten around by using e.g. Flash of Anger. This may be a variation of the Quicktime induced lockout.

The client/server desync issue, in general, has been a chronic game play issue for a couple of years and should be fixed.
  10. Llayenie New Member

For me, it appears to happen when Activated AA effects bring a spell into the realms of instant cast (Cleric Remedy etc) - Quick Time is the usual suspect, but lately even Imperator's Command has been causing it.
  11. Sancus Augur

Yep, same as before the patch. Reproduced on the Test server in the Arena zone with a 115 Ranger. 4 people in zone, not in a raid. I bound Focused Blizzard of Arrows Rk. II, Marked Shots Rk. II, and Summer's Sleet Rk. II to the 1 key and spammed that key. The bard in my group (Scorneternity) used Quick Time IX.

My spell gems locked up when Quick Time gave the fade message (You slow down) and I cast a spell (Summer's Sleet Rk. II) that was instant cast with Quick Time on (normally 0.5s cast time). The spell had a cast time, and afterwards I had to use Grasp of Sylvan Spirits to unlock my spell gems.

Here are the logs:
    [Wed Aug 26 21:07:15 2020] Scorneternity begins casting Quick Time IX.
    [Wed Aug 26 21:07:15 2020] You speed up to match the beat of the music.
    [Wed Aug 26 21:11:19 2020] You slow down.
    [Wed Aug 26 21:11:20 2020] You begin casting Summer's Sleet Rk. II.

Here's a video of the test:

It bugged ~4 minutes into the video. Here's a screenshot of the point where it bugged:

[IMG]

It's a screenshot from the video so resolution isn't perfect, but 1. there was a fade message for Quick Time (You slow down), 2. Summer's Sleet had a cast time (it is instant with Quick Time running), and 3. The buff icon for Quick Time still had 2 seconds left in the song window.

Thanks Scorn for helping test this again.
    niente, Caisy, Elyssanda and 5 others like this.
  12. Zinth Augur

had a spellbar lockup too, all greyed out but nothing "running", couldn't cast clickies etc. the "usual fix" of /stopsong worked... still annoying though
  13. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Is any additional info currently needed?
  14. Chopin.Xegony Augur

15. Caisy Master

I can confirm what Sancus said. It appears to lock up my bars when it fades and I cast Summer's Sleet from my spam bar.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

This problem was fixed for some length of time but has returned recently. While raiding last night I had to put Quicktime back into the Blocked Buffs category because it kept locking up my spell gems. It was fixed for a month or two however before returning at some point probably since the last patch on Live. I'm on Luclin if it matters.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I went to bump the old thread, and realized it was moved to "resolved", even though it wasn't.

So yeah, this has never been fixed, and since it is now affecting other things (in beta), can we get this fixed?
    Sancus, Duder, Raccoo and 13 others like this.
  18. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Title says it all. My SK's spell gems locked up today doing ToV mission
  19. Nniki Augur

20. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Bump, any movement on this?