<Thats EQ Baby> zerg VP with 31 people

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HicksAradune, Aug 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronluwen Elder

Ok? It is an easy raid zone, the keying process is the difficult part. They no lifed it for a few days, funneled keys (probably using dkp incentives) and got it done. Hard? Not at all. Does it require patience, commitment, and organization? Absolutely.
  2. Ronluwen Elder

I don't honestly think anything in EQ classic through PoP is hard anymore. TBH, the last time I thought something we actually hard was when we originally raided UF. We had just leveled up to max level and began those raids. That was actually difficult for us.
  3. HicksAradune Augur

um...

https://www.speedrun.com/everquest/run/yjk7er3m

EoE on Vulak took 9 days, pre MOTM too. Dont get me wrong, 9 players is an achievement. Think we beat that by just a slight bit!

Gorenaire killed obviously. We didnt get it server first due to our focus being on keying/trak though but all content is downed.

I'm glad you know the mindset of every single player on Aradune, tell me oh wise one - whats this weekends lottery numbers?
  4. Kiaro Augur

17 22 45 49 55 56 (83)
  5. haaaalp Augur

why so mad kiddo
  6. merkmerk73 Journeyman

EQ Baby is such a toxic trash guild but Corporal Hicks has such a cool name/reference that it's impossible to hate on them
    HicksAradune likes this.
  7. HicksAradune Augur

I also got Private Hudson and Luitenant Ripley! But someone stole Vasquez!
  8. Mithra Augur

Jeeze why did we bring 2 enchanters out of 11 players for PD. That was a completely different time.
  9. Komodon Augur

Nah man. I know a lot of you really want to buy into that theory of indifference these days amounting to people being "salty", but the constant people telling you they don't care...really don't care.The only obvious thing here is there are a whole lot of people nowadays playing out their "I'm in the premiere raiding guild on the server!" EQ fantasy who apparently either forgot or just plain weren't around to fully comprehend what ever made people on the outside looking in care about the "what is the top guild on the server up to" stuff in the first place.

I mean if you don't get the why in what makes those outsiders just kinda shrug to what is just the latest variation of the least exclusive and most zerg driven in all their accomplishments "premiere" guild in Classic era EQ...you just don't get it I guess.Then again other then coming here to post their own congratulations thread, yet again, the additional celebration did include a drive by open recruitment ad in /ooc chat across multiple higher end zones last night. So yeah.
    Thalliius and Lejaun like this.
  10. Siah Elder

"the additional celebration did include a drive-by open recruitment ad in /ooc chat across multiple higher end zones last night. So yeah."

*cough**cough* hicks *cough*
  11. Kiaro Augur

I'd have to say, if they didn't care, they wouldn't comment.
  12. jeskola pheerie

The only guild to ever "win" at Progression Servers is Realm of Insanity. It looks like OGC and whoever is 1st on Selo (Faceless?) will be following them soon, though.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Anyone that plays a TLP long enough to hit live lost both in game and IRL
  14. Komodon Augur

It's the internet and message boarding man. People taking drive by troll shots at something they read in their daily surfing doesn't necessarily have a mutually exclusive relationship with the type of actual caring some people here seem to crave. Even if/when that caring is simply aimed at generating the genuine type of rage that would lead to a thread that was more then a measily 3 pages long :)

Again, you can't strip every previous variable that went into what made people care or follow what the premiere guild or it's members were doing out of the equation and expect a different end result either. The new and 'evolved" premiere guild makeup might guarantee you all that extra total duplicate loot coming in, but in the end you don't end up with both. That is
    ultimately the trade off that format makes.

I know some would like it to be different, but "Hey guys, look what our no barrier to join guild that can pile up 130 in the zone for a CT kill with a 6 hour que login on the server did in X amount of time" is just a pretty poor and more desperately seeking attention type of substitute to the old model of what made up and drove a premiere EQ guild. One that isn't going to have the same impact on people's perception that what you are doing is anything exclusively special either.
    Thalliius, PotatoPowa and Goburs like this.
  15. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Why?
  16. That0neguy Augur

Man it is a sad day when TLP's have devolved into "Time Trials" now.

Congratz on beating a record that's not relevant or really applicable due to server changes?
  17. Stune Augur

Time trials have been there since EQ first opened to raids. Your forgetting we used to go from 8 hrs raids to best times, each raid. Lots have changed to make this possible. Then when someone did it sooner we would all find out about it. It is just that, always been there.
  18. HicksAradune Augur

Spoken like someone who cares.
  19. Dilf Augur

For sure, only losers stick around for TLP servers to reach Live. The cool kids only do Classic->PoP over and over and over again while maintaining their ever social and cool real life. Those guilds who only raid 1-2 days a week on Live are truly hardcore measuring up against those 4+ day casual raiders. /s

The people who say they don't care, really don't care other than their quality of game time is interrupted by toxic sociopaths doing whatever they feel like doing to race to #1.
    Thalliius, PotatoPowa, Xyphen and 4 others like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, exactly what I thought when I read that.
    Dilf and jeskola like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.