It took 15 seconds to load your characters...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Troutfest, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Troutfest Augur

Can't login on one machine, no matter what acct or server. Was working fine earlier in day. Get as far as what should be the character select page and get an error message about how long it took to load my characters. Other than deleting my files and starting from scratch not sure what I can do. Deleted my eqclient.ini to see if that helped but it didn't. Have seen up to 80 second message on character loading. Any ideas?
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

3. Sarkaukar Augur

That is generally a connectivity issue. Across a few games players have had issues logging into games after the recent Windows update. As a reminder, by default Windows 10 will also update drivers. And when there is a major windows update at times several of the computer settings are reverted back to default.. ie Power Settings reverted to Balance or Power Savings when it was previously set to High Performance.

Reboot Router and Modem then flush dns.

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
    Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
    Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
    Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
    Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
    Restart the computer.

Occasionally it has been on EQ side but if it is there will be a ton of posts.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He posted in bug reports that the sound card was his issue.
  5. Troutfest Augur

Removed my sound device in windows and restarted, EQ loaded just fine. Went into eqclient.ini and set Sound=0 and installed sound device again and game still loads. Not sure if its just luck atm or not but I'm hoping that setting means eq doesn't try to load sound. Its all working as expected atm though.
    This is on a Lenova ideapad3 fairly new but cheap. i3 processor, realtek audio. I haven't tried to set sound=1 in .ini yet to see if it all works again normally as I am just happy to be playing. I may try that later in week after manglers expansion launch tomorrow. Thank you all for the help and suggestions.
    Sarkaukar and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

ugghh..

Were you able to log into this machine previously? You said fairly new but not how new :) If no previous issues, go to Windows Update, History and view what device drivers, especially sound drivers, if any were installed, and what versions.

Also, if the Lenova also came with a program to assist on keeping drivers updated, check those logs too.

May also try rolling the sound driver back via Device Manager, noting the date and version before rolling it back, if rolling back is available.
  7. neveroom Journeyman

same issue today, so wierd
  8. Troutfest Augur

Just to help with future problems, my last win 10 update was 8/13/2020. Game had worked fine up until I posted in bug reports, had even worked fine earlier that day (8/24/2020). Bought laptop 6/23/20 but thats no indication on how new it is. It is a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15iiL05 with intel i3-1005G1, 8GB ram and 250 SSD. I also updated the bios on 8/13/20.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Is it possible a firewall or antivirus problem is causing all this?
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He got it fixed as did another player apparently its device related.

"Removed my sound device in windows and restarted, EQ loaded just fine. Went into eqclient.ini and set Sound=0 and installed sound device again and game still loads."