Fixed Internally Necro Epic Still Works Fine At 115

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cragzop, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So, this was alluded to in the Necro 2.0 Sunset thread by others and Sancus even showed a parse...

...but I guess we need an official bug report to get a response.

The Necro Epic Deathwhisper (with 2.5 aug) still works fine at 115. The new text is on the epic and tells me by 101, it should be gone. But it's not.

Method of testing ... no buffs, spell lineup of various 111 to 115 dots. Equip epic ... cast dot rotations on guild hall dummy until ~1000 hits. Unequip epic ... cast same dot rotations on another dummy until ~1000 hits. Look at critical percentage.

Percentage with epic in 3 trials ~78.2 percent crit rate
    Percentage without epic in 3 trials ~62.9 percent crit rate

I've only got one necro with epic, and he's at 115 ... so I cannot test other intervals. But something ain't right...
    Rolaque, Skuz and Sancus like this.
  2. Murt New Member

So a nearly 16% reduction in crits is working just fine? did you expect the crit rate to drop to 0 with the necro nerf?
  3. theonepercent Augur

Think you need to reread the post.
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  4. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

His parse clearly shows the epic 2.5 is still adding crit rate to level 111-115 dots when clearly it shouldnt be. The difference in crit rate between wielding and not wielding the staff should be 0 for his example based on the last patch ... ie its a bug.
  5. Murt New Member

Got it, misunderstood what the post was saying on first read. My mistake..
    minimind and Tweakfour17 like this.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Fyi, focus decay is based on spell level not caster level. So you could use a 91-95, a 96-100, a 101-105 set of dots to test the different ranges, if you wanted to be extra thorough.
  7. anniedammit New Member

Did you also remove Critical Affliction AA?
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No ... cause I cannot once bought.

I'm not sure I follow your logic why that would matter in this test.
  9. anniedammit New Member

That's about the only way you would get a 0 for crits.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You realize my test was to see that while wearing the epic at 115 and casting 111-115 spells still gives a boost to critical hits versus not wearing the epic ... right?

The epic should not work at 115 with 111-115 spells ... but it does. Therefore a bug, now confirmed.

I should just stop posting about this ... but the servers keep crashing.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  11. anniedammit New Member

It was more directed at the people commenting it should be 0...
  12. Tumnayil New Member

Necro's are nerfed enough as is so why mess with them and the crits at all?? DOTs used to do more damage because they took place over time in comparison to direct damage but in the infinite wisdom of the developers it was nerfed to equal the same. Personally I am so tired of the reduction and the never ending balancing of the charectors that I see them doing I hate playing the game sometimes.
  13. Duder Augur

Lol
    Allayna and Cadira like this.
  14. shroomie Elder

So the big publicized change of the patch didn't work yet the patch broke every other aspect of the game (logging in, looting, real estate). Wow.

DB - roll back this terrible patch!
  15. Zinth Augur

People saying it should be 0, means the ADDED crit from Epic should be 0... not that he shouldn't get crits at all ;-)
  16. Tumnayil New Member

How many active Necros do you actually see in play anymore especially on high end? Hardly any and the reason is that they have so played with the Necro dots and damage that the reason's to play them are severely reduced. Pretty sad that someone even complained that our Epic still does crits when we sacrifice ALLOT of stats just to carry it. We lose over 6000 hps and >200 ac just to start. It is things like this that screw this game up and make it not enjoyable. As developers you should recognize that it is malcontents that always complain about class differences. Real life, not everyone is equal so why are screwing it up by trying to do the same in the game?? Give me back my Necro DOT crit damage!
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am probably (along with many others) starting to sound like a broken record by now but.....

DoT consolidation/revamp was done in such a way that you will even after the Necromancer Epic 2.0 changes (when they work) still have more dps than you did prior to the DoT consolidation with the Epic 2.0 working.

i.e. your class gets a net benefit & no longer needs the epic at all, meaning you no longer have to sacrifice stats to equip it.

Big picture - you didn't get nerfed, you got a front-loaded DPS boost that more than compensated for the epic changes.
    Allayna, minimind, RPoo and 1 other person like this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Insanity, ignorance, or selfish narcissism? You decide!

You do more dps now than before. Bottom line.

Get over it.
    Hellowhatsyourname, RPoo and Duder like this.
  19. Lianeb Augur

So what you are saying is the Necro Epic was holding you back from doing amazing DPS, and less HP/AC and you want it back?
  20. Tumnayil New Member

Amazing DPS? rotfl.. Apparently you neither play a necro or never have if you can say that. I have been playing a necro since Kunark. We USED to do amazing damage and we could keep it up. We neither do amazing damage anymore nor can our lich keep us in mana. We have to use AA's now to supplement the mana and it is can't keep up. Banter your own drum boys, I am telling you the fact is if you look at each server for high end playable necros there is not that many anymore and if that does not tell you something then you are in the wrong business.
    Don't get me wrong, there have been some improvements over the years. Our pets at one time were mainly kiting tools more than tanking. Summoning mobs at that time took the fun out of the game as well since we could no longer go where mobs summoned. Pets couldn't keep them off us and weren't good enough tanks. The ability of our pet to actually tank now is more than appreciated though I liken that improvement to the addition of the Mercs which threw all pet classes into a quandary to drop them and play healers with mercs or continue with pets. To top it off our pets still didn't take the agro off the caster for a long time even after they were tank-able. I think all pet classes rethought if they were going to continue to play. I stopped playing for almost a year while SOE came to grips with the issue.
    That said, I am happy if you do put the additional crit damage into the the necro instead of the epic.. If however you did that through the addition of the 200aa per level decay line it was a ridiculous amount of aa's for each level..