Not A Bug server locked

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by laller, Aug 21, 2020.

1. laller Journeyman

didt you guys forget to post about a planned server down since servers are locked?
  2. Elfin New Member

come on guys, Friday evening!!
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! It's time to play the...

[IMG]
    dreamweaver likes this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

There were a series of server crashes, ops and engineering needed to lock all servers to investigate.
  5. StiTch.ed Journeyman

Who the let rookie reroute the patch cables again eh...
  6. dave108 New Member

I got back to the character select screen after disconnect. Showed me in the zone I was an hour prior. So that's a lot of wasted time. :p
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

We're going to be bouncing all servers. In order to make sure they are all up in the correct state. You should see a 5 minute warning soon.
  8. Grymmlok New Member

I hope there isn't a rollback. I just finished getting my monk pipe from Karnor's Castle, after a 26 hour camp...
  9. Max Swift New Member

will there be a rollback? i've been playing for 10 hours, got a significant amount of exp and 3 pearls for my epic.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

If you didn't camp out when the message to camp was given you will likely have a roll back. Sooner the better when the countdown starts
  11. Grymmlok New Member

I was out long before any message. I only learned about the issue when I attempted to group port to Skyfire, and everything froze.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  12. Dannynine Journeyman

dose this mean that mage's on aradune server. will now have to wait even longer for Jennus Lyklobar to spawn now so they can finish their epics ??
  13. StiTch.ed Journeyman

I'm a returnee to the game - does DB usually compensate for affected accounts?
  14. Marjele New Member

I am starting to think the only bug is the people updating the game. Every single month we go through the same thing. It's BS
  15. Aztore New Member

i can't really see how a 5min warning will justify any kind of roll back, we were at juggs/reets and pulled like 6 mobs when the first announcement went out. Was like 3 bars into 58 when the servers went down also.
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

No
  17. StiTch.ed Journeyman

As someone affected by the initial server crash that didn't get a warning, I gotta say that seems pretty pants.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

It happens. Yesterday I had a random crash on 3 of my 4 accts and had a rollback on quests I had already completed so I had to do them again. At least today there was a warning.
  19. Aztore New Member

5 min warning, then only 5 min rollback would be understandable, anything more than that is ridiculous, and shoul be compensated for something.

5min Warning = 5min Rollback is fair
  20. StiTch.ed Journeyman

Not for all of us </3

I think they had a handful of servers go down sans warning and decided to pull the rest with warning so they could investigate.

I get it, poop happens, but a small token such as an exp pot or similar wouldn't go amiss. Something for them to think about. And if you got that warning and didn't log, that's just on you ;)