when will ToV go on sale ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

iirc TBL went on sale around September, so I'm guessing ToV will be the same ?

I have a few accounts I'd like to buy the basic package for and my main I'd like the premium ..

Also do ya'll think the F&F will be half off as well or will they just stick with the basic, collector's and Premium? If F&F half off I might buy that instead of the premium for my main ..

I'd like to narrow down dates if possible so i can budget the funds from my next few checks :p
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, it looks like the end of August or into September is usually when the last expansion goes on sale. But keep in mind that what has always happened for the last many years can change:eek:

F&F I think was a dud. While there were a few random people wanting to sell off parts, it didn't seem to have the umph they thought it would.

I usually get a few of the Collector's version around the middle of October - right before they release or beta the next one. There is usually plenty of chatter about it all on the forums. But I would start budgeting now.
  3. Windance Augur

Personally I would just save your $$ and wait for the next full price expansion to become available. By the time the 50% discount hits you only get maybe two months of the content being current.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, but I care more about the collectors items than I do being able to play in current expansion. Cannot afford them when they are first released for all my accounts so this is the way that works for many of us who do not raid or do not need to keep up with the Joneses:D
    Yinla and Zamiam like this.
  5. Coagagin Guild house cat

My case for the discounted version is to catch up the two accounts with 110s with 99.999 percent experience. They are ready to ding, its just a matter of time or money spent.

- Coag
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The past few expansions I usually wait for the Sale to buy the Premium version for the mounts/illusions. This year with the F&F I already have the 2 mounts from that, I'm still debating on upgrading for the illusion, I wish they would of included a tradeable version of that in the F&F.
  7. Zamiam Augur

same I can buy the mounts in game np , but I really want that illusion ... to bad they didnt make the illusion tradeable or include a tradeable version with the F&F also ...

this has nothing to do with the expansions , however I just purchased the deathfist pawn illusion in game for only 2 krono which didnt cost me a dime due to my trader .. I was worried I might have to purchase a bunch of those heritage crates to try my luck .. glad i didnt have to do that
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

9. Zamiam Augur

will the F&F be included in that sale ? asking for a friend :p
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

Not sure at this time, if I find out beforehand and can let you know I will.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zamiam like this.
  11. Zinth Augur

when you go check... can you suggest them to put not one, not two but ALL the "collectors edition items" for sale on the DB store... for TLP unlock each edition as the expansion opens... you could make so much money on that... plenty in my guild have grumbled when "some" have the collector stuff but they can't get it when we enter an expansion (myself included) make it happen! take my money...
    Gyurika Godofwar and Coagagin like this.
  12. Zelena Journeyman

This has always irked me. Putting the expansion on sale like a month or so before the new one comes out. Yea, its good for the collectors edition and such but I just think its kind of unethical to do that so close to a new expansion. Buy this expansion half price but in 2 months it will be free when you buy the new one!

Throw us a bone once in a while and have sale on expansions a couple times a year instead of once in oct/nov. You probably would make more money that way to be honest.
  13. NinjutsuMMO Augur

id buy it if i could use the mounts on Agnarr where we can currently use mounts but have no access to the collectors edition mounts...
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There are people that play way behind everyone else, and it makes it cheaper for them. Nothing wrong with that.
  15. Zinth Augur

yeah people like me :D
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

DP should re-package older expacs like Kunark, ,Velious etc with some teleport clickies pretty sure many of us would buy them just for the clickies and other misc goodies
    Skuz likes this.
  17. KermittheFroglok Augur

There were no teleport clickies with earliest expansions like Kunark & Velious. The teleport clickies associated with that older content generally comes from the heritage crates. For example:

Kunark Destinations - Iksar Heritage Crate
    Velious Gnome Pirate Camp - Gnome Heritage Crate
    Luclin (Sanctus Seru) - Human Heritage Crate
    Legacy of Ykesha Destinations - Trollish Heritage Crate

In fact, classic model's Velious expansion armor appearance is what generally what you're getting when your crate gives you a set of heroes forge.

They're already reselling bundles of some of the older expansions collector/premium goodies. Right now they only have House of Thule (via website) & and Veil of Alaris (via DBG marketplace) for sale.
  18. Zamiam Augur

Yes the heritage crates do give the teleports to the older expansions via paintings and stuff ..

he (deux) might be referring to the teleport clickies from CR and BR from those expansions .. IIRC those are the only 2 clickies from past expansions until we get to RoF :
    RoF expansion had the Harbringer's staff as an item clicky to gate to just outside CoB which is just a quick jog to Shards landing ..

then I think from CoTF onward you got the single clicky from buying the premium or collection edition of the expansion to be able to place a 999 item that teleports you to a spot in said expansion .. I could be wrong about CoTF might not have begun till TDS ..

aye think with TDS you got the parrot whistle thingy to teleport you to brother island
    TBM you got the touchstone of health in the expansion teleport clicky
    EoK cant remember as I didnt buy that expansion
    RoS you got the Gorowyn translocator beacon .. teleports you to skyfire mountains near Gorowyn
    TBL ya got the stratos Air platform teleports you to Stratos
    ToV finally I didnt buy this expansion yet , however im sure they included something with the premium to teleport to somewhere ..

maybe someone can fill in the few expansions im missing ..

but I agree wish they would put the individual and guild teleports up for sale in the marketplace .. they could make bank for a reasonable price *hint hint* devs ..

the expansion bundles they have for sale atm HoT wasnt a bad deal , however they really gouged the price up for VoA for no reason .. I mean common VoA didnt even have anything that great in it as far as expansion goodies .. least not that i can remember ..
  19. KermittheFroglok Augur

Maybe they'd bank money off the guild teleports, but I suspect they know they can bundle them with the rest of the expansion items to sell for more. A guild just needs one whale willing to pay, so why not find an reason to price it high?
  20. Garmr Augur

From a TLP perspective, I'd really like to see the previous collectors editions be available to buy for the xpacs as we unlock them. For example, when RoF opened, it would have been great if the collectors edition that came out with it at original launch was available for us to purchase. Especially since some of the collections sets are locked behind owning said collectors edition. Seems like an easy revenue stream to tap into. Heck, dont know why all of the CE's arent available all of the time, again, seems a likely revenue stream thats not being exploited.
    Skuz and Zinth like this.