Next expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Sobmre Augur

hey everyone, next expansion will be........ a copy and paste of a few zones and about a 5-10% upgrade on items and stuff........if we get an expansion at this point.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

And a tradeskill-oriented quest for a new Back slot!!!
  3. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Do we also get the pleasure of having quests where 12 of 15 steps are hailing the same mob over and over with a 1 minute timer between hails so we have enough time to read their responses? Because that would be awesome.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Coagagin like this.
  4. Xerzist Augur

That is some next level thinking :p
  5. Monkman Augur

I’m curious to see how the raids take shape, this year was obviously an experiment removing flagging requirements, multiplying raid currency at 3 month intervals, and obviously no real ball buster raids. I think the trend was EQ was losing raiding guilds due to extremely challenging raids that either prevented guilds from accessing other raids in that tier or from future tiers all together.

Will be interesting to see what this year has in store, I know we lost a few great players out of sheer boredom and due to the lack of any real challenging content but I think this was a boon year for the guilds that may have had problems completing the last few years expansions. I know personally I’ve noticed a lot more friends raiding in 2-3 guilds this year vs the past few bc they actually have an opportunity to gear more characters across several accounts than any expansion prior. For those without alts or those that don’t care for alts I can definitely see how it may be a slog to log in for raids.
  6. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I haven't done any current expansion raiding in years. I like your post and its an insightful perspective.
    As far as expansions go, I hope the trend continues. The needs of the many should most times outweigh the needs of the few!
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Actually at this point any expansion is good i just dread on the time there is no new expansion but that would only happen if the company does something stupid.

Andarriel
  8. Celephane Augur

New zones with old names are not copy/paste. Very very few zones since EoK have been pasted from old zones (Doomfire for sure is though).
    Absor likes this.
  9. Llayenie New Member

Huh? all of ToV is copy/paste, with a spackle of new ice
  10. Celephane Augur

No it isn't. Every one of those zones is different than the original. Clearly you don't know the original zones very well.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Remind me again what's different about Velks and Kael.
  12. Celephane Augur

Pretty easy to check both maps, one after the other. I see lots of differences. Many of the zones are similar, they are supposed to be later versions after all, but neither of those is a copy/paste version of the first.
    Coagagin likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which is why it is so much of a shame that they cannot give us new zones rather than rehased old ones.

Really not looking forward to Sirens Groto next expansion unless they have improved underwater fighting and mobs getting bugged where they can't decide if they are in the water or out of it. :rolleyes:
    svann and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  14. Riou EQResource

Mostly depends if it's a straight copy paste of the old one or a shrinking like great divide, or...
  15. Caisy Master

Hopefully, something challenging, whatever it is. TBL named are still more difficult than ToV named, which basically do nothing. Raids are easily botted. Please make the content more challenging, and stop the double loot chests, raiding for 5 months for alt loot is not fun.
    Sancus and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're 100% right.

Water fighting & the pathing nightmares you find around in/out of water situations is horrible and one of my pet peeves.

I've lost count of how many times EverQuest's often terrible pathing system got me killed.
    Coagagin and Yinla like this.
  17. Buster_Shruggs Augur

More challenging is good and can extend the life of an expansion, but complaining about too much loot? o_O
    B. Sanders would have some choice words for u; top 1%!!!!
  18. Angahran Augur

#1 wish for next expansion would be to not have the mobs we are facing increase in power by 1000% while we get the usual 0.0001% increases.

Every expansion, it feels that we have to use more and more abilities in every fight and no matter what we do we actually die FASTER than we did in the previous expansion.

It shouldn't matter what expansion we fighting in, if we are fighting a group mob of the same con it should be a similar fight regardless if it's TBM, TBL, TOV, etc.

Every fight shouldn't be a coin toss if you live or die if you don't blow every single ability AND get lucky AND the mob doesn't get lucky.

And I'm sure there will be the usual people saying "well learn to play your class then", but honestly, at over 400k hp buffed, trash mobs shouldn't be killing anyone in one round.
    Skuz, Yinla and Andarriel like this.
  19. Sobmre Augur

Look i copied your post and pasted it with different formatting. i guess that means its a brand new post.
  20. Xerzist Augur

Try having to deal with strike-through on raid mobs that hit for 80K and then ask yourself... who haz tank?? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!
    Andarriel likes this.