DEV can we please look in to Ancient Cyclops spawn rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pharone, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Pharone Elder

I'm just going to throw this out there, and accept the fact that some people will flame me for it because it needs to be said.

Ancient Cyclops spawn rate blows.

Why is such a needed item on a spawn timer that is so low that farmers are able to charge 2 krono for loot rights on it? and, this is coming from a level 50 Necromancer that farms the mob. I don't need you to increase the spawn rate in order for me to get the mob. I get the it. I'm just posting this for the other couple thousand people on the server that want JBoots and are having to spend 2 krono to buy loot rights because it is so rare.

If anything, I would say put in a quest mob somewhere in the world that spawn on a regular basis that drops the ring, so that non-farmers have an option to EARN the boots with out having to resort to paying a farmer (like me) for it.
  2. Wengi Journeyman

AC spawns in South Ro as well, did you try there? If so many people needed J-boots wouldn't there be a ton of picks of OOT and South Ro open anyway? Blood of the Wolf is quite cheap. Maybe the problem is 50 necromancers farming the mobs so groups don't come by and thus no new picks of OOT open up?
  3. Pharone Elder

The pick threshold in OoT is very high otherwise there would be picks available.

As for Blood of the Wolf potions, it's not the SoW buff for which makes the JBoots so needed. It's an instant click buff that raiders use on fights where the raid target debuffs. It's a raid utility item.
  4. Wengi Journeyman

If you have a bard in your group, which every raid group normally does, you don't actually need an insta click buff, just have them twist in a junk song in their melody for your first slot, or first two slots if you're a tank. Problem solved. Or you could buy a spyglass, you don't need JBoots. You could pick through SRo and do AC's in multiple instances there too.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Monkman Augur

You don’t need jboots to be successful on the tlp servers, if people stopped paying people for ring LR or multiquests it wouldn’t be an issue.

Furthermore don’t you think if they added a mob that dropped the ring on the regular, the farmers would just camp that as well?

They need to make jboots have a recast (~30sec) so people can still use it for a junk buff if they like but remove the aggro from spamming it.
  6. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Lol. You don't know what you're talking about. Very few bard songs go in the main buff window (none in classic, I think). Most go in the short duration buff window which isn't the first to be dispelled. Your suggestion does nothing to prevent dispels.
    Loze and Pharone like this.
  7. RizLoaner Elder

I assume you play on Aradune. There’s at least 3 in classic and you certainly can use them as a slot 1 junk buff effectively if you don’t have an instaclick item.
    Kharth likes this.
  8. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

While Jboots are highly sought after and extremely useful, you don't actually need them at all to succeed. If you want them though, there are multiple zones you can acquire the ring from. I have very limited play times these days and have gotten the ring on my main and on several alts...AC is vastly easier to camp then it ever was years ago.

I think people forget that not every single character is deserving of every item in game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

Farmers go after the AC camp because the supply is so low and the demand is so high. The question is, what would be the incentive of camping a common NPC? For example, if the AC had 25% spawn rate from any cyclops spawn that means anyone that wanted JBoots could run over and get them in record time. The supply would sky rocket and the farmers would simply move on.

Personally, I think they should remove the Ancient Cyclops spawn and allow any Cyclops to drop the Ring.
    Madmartigan82 and Pharone like this.
  10. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Okay, name them.
  11. Pharone Elder

A lot of passive aggressive attacks in this thread. Sheesh.

Anyway, I like what Bullsnooze suggested. Just allow ALL cyclops a chance to drop the ring, and keep the Ancient Cyclops as a mob that always drops the ring. That would be awesome. Then everyone who WANTS the ring has a chance to EARN the ring by playing the game rather than paying a farmer.
    Trebor and Bullsnooze like this.
  12. RizLoaner Elder

Fenthen likes this.
  13. Baldur Augur

Selos, lev and water breathe songs all go to the buff window.

Also it takes over 60 people to pop a pick of OoT, way too many, it needs to be reduced.
    RizLoaner likes this.
  14. RizLoaner Elder

You can get the ring, just kill AC. You don’t have to pay a farmer, form a group, camp the island and kill the AC. Is aradune this mythical place where farmers are the only ones who play the game and the rest of the server just splurges krono on everything?
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

Yes, just kill the AC is the simple answer, but the reality is if you're not a Necro, Shaman, Druid, or Mage you're going to have a hellava time dropping him before said classes run over and out damage you for the kill.

For example, how would a lone Warrior have a chance at the Ancient cyclops without sheer luck?
  16. Silver-Crow Augur

It's also kind of hard to beat the warpers without dropping to their level.
    I spent a weekend there trying to farm it with a full group.

Net result... the same small group of farmers seemed to get every single spawn.
    You were lucky if the AC was up more than 20 seconds no matter where it spawned.

Nobody is that lucky.

If the ring dropped from any clops... even a rare drop then that's cool... it defeats the warpers.
    Keep the epic items on the AC and you're golden.
  17. wade_watts Augur

Totally agree. Also, can we make every other rare and hard to get item significantly easier to get?
  18. Siah Elder

Fix lord berg while you're at it!
  19. Machen New Member

Bring a necro alt...
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sro is a much more relaxing camp and the science behind it was made public years ago. Got it in 2 in-game nights (admittedly lucky but not by much) on my druid, nobody else even nearby.

Going to OoT without some kind of instaclicky nuke from Hate is just praying that it pops on you cause you can be sure there's at LEAST 1 50 necro just waiting on the hill with SEQ open that will beeline for AC the second it pops.

It would be nice if they could restore the AC spawn in South/East Karana.
    Bullsnooze, Ulain and GNOME_POWER like this.