tiny stone tear change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 5, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

thanks for the advice on doing the pillars quests for the fragments.

I guess it was just discouraging to consider grinding mobs is harder than it used to be due to low exp.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

This was one of my questions for the development team prior to ROS release when they opened up their thread to ask them questions. I was concerned about how gaining 5 levels would impact our ability to evolve it via just killing. I already knew about the tablet and the quest but I wanted to know specifically about how killing mobs would be impacted with the level increase itself. I don't think any of them responded to me though and I was left with the impression from others that it was about the # of Alaran's killed and had nothing to do with experience gained from those kills. After reading this it seems that might not be true after all?
  3. Lufraki Elder

I did mine at 105, swarmed in Valley, got rich in the process.. took a solid week to do it.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

It's true. You can out level the Alarans you need to kill to evolve the Tear.

Stop at level 107 if you can because that's when the ideal zone turns light blue. If you're already higher level, hunt solo to keep all the evolving exp to yourself. Solo is faster gains after 105 for sure.

Rain of Fear has 2 times the fragment drop rate over VoA zones.

Go to Heart of Fear: The Epicenter and mass kill all the undead and live Alarans in the center circuit and off to the west. These are the highest level Alaran mobs and in a RoF bonus zone. Each week of steady (casual even) swarming will net you 25% of Tear evolution in exp and saved fragments. You'll get more fragments per hour on average here then doing Pillars tasks too.

See old Tear posts over at Allakhazam for details and maps. They ring true.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. roth Augur

When I did the Stone Tear, there were no dropped Fragments, the only exp was killing Alaskans and the fragments from the Pillars tasks.

I got pretty good at two boxing those tasks, knocking them out at 95 and 100.

Those tasks were giving me, personally, 2 fragments apiece every 6 hours apiece. It took me around half that time in total to knock out all five tasks, but I’m factoring in the lockouts too.

I’d usually call to my guild asking if tanks, then if anyone else, wanted a TA to the task I was doing. So, any given task could get an additional 0-4 fragments per run. Not saying its always going to be the case, but optimally, the Pillars tasks get your full group 30 fragments every 6 hours (every 3 if the lockout was reduced too). Why am I suspicious that Epicenter won’t match that?

Sure, if you are solo ... its probably better, and has been so since they started dropping off of level 90 and higher Alarans. If you know people in your guild or circle of friends need work on the thing, however, it would probably be better to run the tasks for everyone to get a few. Tasks shouldn’t be too long nowadays - I’d imagine the hardest one now would be the one that has you getting hit by the FD attack three times.

https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1273701
    https://eq.magelo.com/profile/297587

Just to show I’m not making stuff up, verified profiles of my bot and my main, check the charm slot.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Killing Alaskans? Man this game is getting harsh! ;)
  7. roth Augur

Stupid autocorrect ... obviously was supposed to be Alarans, not Alaskans.
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

This ^ and RoF 2% drop rate ... its definitely better.
  9. Tiggold Augur

I would rather kill Alaskans.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Sto0pid alaskans and their bridges to no-where!
    Bigstomp likes this.
  11. tokker_mage New Member

i just started this at level 115, i dont even grind it too much. i feel the progress ive maid is fair.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They added the Fragments to a bunch of quests in RoF recently which makes it a lot easier to farm now as well.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

And they won't drop fragments if they're green or grey, which cut out a LOT of places you could get the fragments to drop. So now it's grind in HoF or do the tasks - either the Alra ones or the ones in Shards.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They should add fragments to overseer.

Andarriel
    Angahran likes this.
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That's been suggested and the Dev's said no to it. That would definitely cut down the grind. I ran some RoF missions for one of the alts for a little while, think I got about 100+ frags before I stopped doing them, he still has a long ways to go though to finish.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Getting the tear first and THEN doing voa and rof-progression, should put your tear at level 10'ish without any grinding, if you do it while it still cons-dak/light-blue. :)
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

There's all sorts of ways to do it if you didn't grind to 115 first. I got it for my bard at 115 (she was created 01.01.20) because I didn't realize there was a trivial loot code on it. Planned to just kill the entire underground city for her, like I did for my rogue. So that didn't work as planned. =\
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

i dont see why they said no i mean you get every collection minus tov and bunch of other overseer stuff whos the devs that said no? ngreth and who else?

Andarriel
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I think Ngreth was the only one, but I also think Ngreth was the only one that responded to it at all of the devs. He usually is.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea think hes the MAIN one for overseer.

Andarriel