Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I'll donate one my own DKP for the levity you bring to the thread. ;)
  2. Bummak Journeyman

Warriors received 3 items for the Warrior epic 1.0. Those 3 items each had different effects. 1 epic, three effects. Does it make sense to you YET!!!
  3. Szilent Augur

Um, none of those are activated, and each is on a separate item… that some collection of weapons (indeed all weapons since Honed Wurmslayer?) have procs doesn't appear to be germane at all
  4. Bummak Journeyman

Several epics are still a must have even this late in the games life. As a Shadow Knight, I use my 2.0 as often now as I ever did. The Lich effect is one that can never be fully replaced. There are other items in the game that have a Lich type effect, but none as powerful as the 2.0. Shaman, Rogue, Monk, Mage, they all have still useful effects. The Necro 2.0 still summons a halfway decent damage pet. There are still reasons to quest for, and be proud of the effort that it took to get your epic weapons!!!
  5. Szilent Augur

no.
    Venau, sauron3030, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What you need to keep in mind is there is a difference between a worn focus on an item and an activated ability on that item. They don't seem to mind activated items lasting longer but not a worn focus that prevents the item from being replaced.
    svann and Funky like this.
  7. Ibudin Augur

There was nothing preventing the item from being replaced, at any given time you could of bagged your necro epic, we're not forced to wear it. It was smart to wear it, but wasn't required...
  8. Cicelee Augur

Magician epic is still useful????????

WHERE HAVE I BEEN ALL THIS TIME?????????
  9. Dargiaaz New Member

I quit playing because of Daybreak BS that was going on a while ago... glad to hear that it's still happening and that they trashed my favorite class.
    Glad I'm keeping my subscription cancelled tbh.
  10. Cadira Augur

You're favorite class is the most powerful class in the game atm (at least dps wise?) and will probably continue to be for a few more months.

Please, keep your subscription cancelled for the rest of us.
    code-zero, Jein-ko and Funky like this.
  11. Tolzol Augur

Necros are very very good in group setting currently if you pull multiple mobs at a time and not singles. I’d take a necro over any other dps class for that reason in the group game. They cut the ramp up time a lot for a necro with all these DoT consolidations. Will you be sustaining what necros on a raid can do the whole time, no, but they can still compete/beat everyone else in the group on a parse i promise, I’ve seent it with my own eyes lol.
    minimind, Skuz, Funky and 1 other person like this.
  12. RPoo Augur

Please do explain that one!
    Funky likes this.
  13. seber Augur

I find most ADPS point less my groups run out mana and end SK and nec keep poll none stop 2+ hrs
  14. Funky Augur

then the SK isn't really dotting everything or the group is just casually slow pulling
    Duder likes this.
  15. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Most dots do not have a nuke component anymore to qualify for chromatic haze. Which is why druids can have 20 million damage single tics under burn.
  16. RPoo Augur

Please explain how druids are the only ones that benefit.
  17. Duder Augur

So let me get this right Seber. Opinions from people who don't "main" a necro are invalid? Could the same be said from people who "main" a necro and and perform poorly to an excess? If so your posts would be the first to be invalidated.
  18. Uzzin New Member

Thanks for the memories EQ. This is where we part ways. My epic is older then some of your dev's children. I have 3 necros, and with this poor excuse for a patch when there are countless other glaring bugs.

P.S. Recycling zones and calling it a new expansion with little to no new content is simply sad. 6 zones for such a bad price tag...

P.S.S. DayBreak says oh don't you worry I can't funk this game up any worse.... Darkpaw *steps up* Hold my beer fam.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quitting as they nerfed your 10 year old epic? That's simultaneously tragic & hilarious.

Necro will still be a strong class & in way better shape than before the DoT revamp even with the epic finally, at long last, getting sorted out. To quit while the class is likely more powerful than it has ever been before is really cutting off your own nose to spite your face.
    But to each his own I guess, so long & have a nice time wherever if you actually do go & aren't just posturing like a slighted prima donna.
  20. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

They aren’t they only but the focus boost for nukes is not able to critical so anyone with a dot gets more and no one else is running around with a dot that qualifies that does like 100,000 a tic base.