Test Update 08/11/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Duder Augur

2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I don’t care if the masses agree and know the devs don’t. But the fact still remains one is a focus that increases critical rate and the other is a focus effect that increases critical rate.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I too am curious how they magically went from nothing but "can't reproduce" posts to "it's all good now."
    Funky likes this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And you drink mountain dew and water and whiskey, and all are treated differently.

You're being absolutely ridiculous. Be glad you can stop wasting a slot on an ancient item AND got boosted besides.
    Kegwell and Duder like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing they found a way to reproduce it and it isn't like they needed to let us know they could reproduce ti when they just say it is fixed.
  6. Wanton New Member

When is /testcopy going to be back up?
  7. Forcallen Augur

All I can say is bah with epic change. This only adds fuel to the fire down the line for getting the class balanced again. Can’t say I want to play the up and down roller coaster another year considering the track record. Begged you not to revamp dots as you did for this very reason.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

You could be right, but when there's an issue like this (which can affect basically everyone), they do typically make some sort of post like "we think we've isolated the issue and we're testing it". They don't do it for everything obviously, but I've seen them do it many times...especially on serious game-play bugs.

Just seems odd that this got magically resolved after literally months of "can't reproduce". I guess we'll all find out in a few days. :D
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

correct. the code needs to make it to live before /tescopy can be activated.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the patch next week.
  11. Tiane Journeyman

But seriously... how many months do you guys need on this?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  12. Candar New Member

Could this feature be added in the august upgrade? It has to do with chat windows. Can a box be added to confirm that you really want to close the chat window? With the new feature of having tabs in the windows, this makes it complicated if you accidently closed the chat window with many tabs. Thank you.
  13. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

I think the point was they are similar so it’s more Mountain Dew is ok but for some reason Coke isn’t.

Everyone knew at some point right or wrong this was going to happen. But so many other things would have been on the list first from what I have seen as far as game concerns. Guess I’ll continue to lurk every few months.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I get their point and so does everyone else, that's the problem, its not that kind of comparison.

Melee cleave is available to ALL melee classes.

Necro epic is available to ONE class.

That itself makes the comparison ridiculous and apples to oranges.
    Kaenneth, Duder and Skuz like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Melee cleave is available to more then just melee classes and is put on items each expansion while the necro epic focus was put on a total of 3 items in two expansions (1.5/2.0 in oow and 2.5 aug in dodh) it was also providing an 18% boost when it was supposed to be 4% for the 1.5, 8% for the 2.0 and a total of 10% with the 2.5 aug.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Neither of these are a focus.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

"- Corrected an issue that prevented real estate items from appearing in your Crate of Eviction after transferring servers."

Doesn't explicitly state it, but does this mean server transfers will work again next week?
  18. svann Augur

Modded UI no longer loads unless I delete modded groupwindow file. Anyone know what needs to be added to the file to make it work? I would hate to have to use the default file. This is the IceSy groupwindow mod piece if it makes a difference, but I suspect it will be all groupwindow mods.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are going to need to look in the error logs to determine what errors are being thrown in order to fix it.
  20. svann Augur

Thanks. Had to delete all button item sections and lines that referenced GW_voice.
    Metanis likes this.