Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Slingdeath New Member

I guess we (necro's) should have seen this coming. We will adapt, as always. We have received many nerfs. What many do not understand is DPS is all a necro is about, that is all we can really offer when it comes to raids, or group killing. I think most other classes have abilities to help in other ways, ie. buffs, group evacs, TL's, heals, enhanced melee dps, nuke and dot enhancements, etc. (the list goes on and on). Way back in time we were useful on raids giving mana to cleric's and others in need, well that is no longer an option (benefits have faded away. At one time we had a group heal which was very useful and hit a lot, well that is totally nerfed and pretty much useless. Our mana regen AA use to keep us going with mana, well that has been nerfed and unless you have 1000's of AA points into it, well..... FD use to be a must to control agro, not now, I doubt any class could take agro away from a good tank. No one even thinks about controlling their agro anymore, just step in and DPS away, take a nap, watch tv, sip coffee...) Again, we will adapt and try to be useful. Now what does not seem right to me, is the people on here who play other classes, clapping their hands in joy over the necro nerf. Are they jealous or what? So when raiding, or grouping with a necro, you want us to do less damage? Simply does not make sense to me. All about game balance? Ok fine, then give us some abilities to make us more useful on raids and in groups.

Slingdeath
    Marton, Kase and sauron3030 like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I mean, if a necro was doing 900k on a raid and second place did 600k, and next Thursday the same necro on the same raid does 700k and second place does 600k....

Is this really a problem for the class? A problem for the guild since the raid will take a few seconds/minute longer, but /shrug

Forum Quest is going to be fun on this thread, I admit. I will wait for actual numbers and data before giving into any woe is me FQ post tho...
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

So how good are other classes that do not do this dps at soloing ? Not getting into a this class does this or that out of raids debate. what a necro brings to groups is all about the group if you're killing mobs every 15s a necro can't help much. If you're killing mobs every 30-45s a necro can be very competitive.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Kase Augur

I dont raid and if what you say is right about necros doing 2-3 times more damage then yes thats alot...but, someone will be the top pharser ...is the next class top pharser going to go thru this also? Where does it end? I understand its about balance... but necros are unique... it is a solo class and clipping them will make them undesirable to play/roll... and there will always be a class that out-does the rest if your talking strictly about raid dps. If talking about the whole other-side of playing EQ, I see necros as a solo class with occasional groupings and if thats what others also think then what does it matter what kind of dps a necro does outside a raid?
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^ 100% this, only reason so many haven't been crying is that they knew that the necro dot revamp was still a work in progress and not finished yet.

And I think further changes should be expected as with every other dot revamp so far.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This screams like "oh won't somebody please think of the poor billionaire's and how hard they have it...!"

When you are a top drawer DPS and your dps is 10% within what your competitors are doing it seems like so long as you get your ducks in a row you'll do well on parses.

When you then see a class waltz in, do 3x your dps & complains about mana then complains about a reasonable nerf you don't get jealous, you're pissed off at their incredibly selfish & poor attitude.
    And the "they'll come for your dps next" rings absolutely hollow when Necro will still be doing double anyone else's pure dps class damage on raids with relative ease, after your nerf, so give me a freaking break.

QQ
  7. Kase Augur

If people who raid feel like necros do too much dps in a raid then why cant something like when in a raid instance the epic is made not useable but outside it can still be used?? Not a computer guy so Im not sure if thats possible.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Missing the point.
  9. Kase Augur

OK so Im missing your point it seems. I see it as necros out of balance in raids... and people want it nerfed down. OK cool...I have no idea about all that dont raid. But if you read my other posts you'll see how I feel about it all outside of a raid situation.
  10. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Necromancers will still be crushing others in raids. Most people are still comparing single target dps for some with combine multi target dps for others. Single target duration even with this nerf as a dart throw to reduce necromancers dps still leaves13 revamped dots to use with dooms which beat others. It’s only a matter of time before he realizes this doesn’t reduce enough and then we are out our epic effect and he ends up reducing revamped dot power like he should have done now. But FQ and intelligent sounding folks on other matters all know best.
  11. Mithra Augur

Necros are still winning 60 second one target burns with ease, while doubling everybody on sustains and this epic nerf won't change that.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Zerkers have no business talking about any other class DPS period. People have zerker alts for their box teams because their dps for xp grinding is absolutely stupid and ridiculous. Far as I'm concerned any zerker in this thread is a hypocrite and should look at their own out of balance class before even beginning to chime in about us. Why you guys got favored boy status from SOE and DB is beyond me. Please don't even bother with the whole we got nerfed once 9 years ago garbage.
    Marton and sauron3030 like this.
  13. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

Do you even play EQ today ? Serious question. Your comments seem to have a lack of whats actually going on in today's game.

What aspect of this game would you take a zerker > necro ?
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I may be wrong here but I don't recall Berserkers ever doing 3x of the next closest class's dps numbers on most raid mobs, short, medium or long fights like Necros are right now.
    I also don't recall ever seeing Berserkers solo progression HA in-era like Necros do all the time.
    Berserkers are very dependent upon support classes to put out good numbers.
  15. Razorfall Augur

I was referring to the worn effect. But I agree...the SK epic is broken AF.
  16. menown Augur

I hate to chime in on this thread, but feel that I should on this topic because I main a zerker and a necro in 2 different raiding guilds. The zerker is better for fast paced moving and killing groups. The necro is better with multiple adds in camp, about 3+. The zerker's damage is all instant, making them a great candidate for switching targets during raids and bursting adds down before bad raid mechanics happen. If the necro cannot get at least 4 ticks of DoTs on a target, then it is a waste to even swap to that target.

I often times ignore raid instructions (sorry Aldryn) because the DPS is better served somewhere else. I enjoy playing the zerker because I know that following the intended mechanics of a raid will benefit the raid force in its own way.
    Vumad, Emarra, Venau and 1 other person like this.
  17. Kase Augur

^
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

He's doing the equivalent of pouting & stamping his feet & saying he doesn't want any sweeties now because they took away his favourite sweetie as it was bad for him.
  19. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I saw your response before you edited it and it's fair. My negative posts do not help this issue so I agree with your point. Frankly, I'm just frustrated with DB throwing this at us out of the blue without even entertaining a happy medium. And it really bothers me to see, what from looking at my computer, is a perception of glee on the part of other players.

*picks up his assling skull and walks back to the graveyard*
    Kase likes this.
  20. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I will comment that providing a bit more notice would not have gone amiss. Of course, this assumes that the epic change is included in the upcoming patch, which I'm not sure if that is true or not. Looks like the title of this thread answers that piece. :oops: