Test Update 08/11/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 11, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Should we bring back voice chat integration into the game?
  2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

One worn focus is named X it adds 18% critical rate. Another worn focus is named Y it ends up adding 18-24% critical rate. Yeah that’s grasping at straws that ones removed and ones carried forward stagnated.
  3. Sikash New Member

Any fix coming for HA's in TDS, CoIF and EOK being overpowered on Phinigel
    Tiane and Skuz like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

And every bard, and everyone who has grouped with a bard, throughout the lands, rejoiced!
  5. Qucian New Member

I'm assuming that /testcopy can't be re-enabled until the patch gets pushed to live due to the bug being related to how the character data is stored on live before it copies to test? Or was it an oversight that /testcopy wasn't re-enabled now that test is patched?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If we are changing Priest defensive proc buffs... any chance the Druid Reptile line can be changed?

The druid version is also a Recourse. It would be nice to see it made a trigger cast.

It also would be nice if the heal were not a heal + HoT, but instead just a direct heal. Lastly the druid reptile line is the only defensive priest proc buff line that has stacking conflicts with some tank buffs. Druid reptile won't stack with the Paladin Preservation line. Meanwhile cleric Shining and Shaman Lethargy/Ennui line have no stacking conflicts with Warrior/Paladin/Shadowknight discs or spells.
    Ninelder and menown like this.
  7. Numiko Augur

No mention of the second half of the HA detuning that was supposed to happen this patch? ...

TLP severs getting the short end of the stick again?
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Morigaine Elder

Can you advise whether this coding is specific to Quick Time or the root cause of spell haste? The reason I ask is that warrior's Imperator's Command will do the same thing, so curious if coding was specific to Quick Time.
  9. kizant Augur

Boo! It wasn't happening with my spells and I need every advantage I can get over other DPS. :(
    RPoo and menown like this.
  10. Duder Augur

It is, yes. Modern worn foci are factored into the design of current content, weapons, and spells. 16 year old foci is not.
    Kaenneth and Skuz like this.
  11. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Cleave has been stagnated for like a decade buts it’s a modern focus?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would probably be more fair to call it a current focus because it is being put on current gear. and the last version was released only 5 years ago. Since they are continuing to put it on current gear it is safe to assume that they are happy with it still being in play and that it does not need to be improved otherwise they would have released a new version.
    Duder likes this.
  13. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Cleaves critical mod has been stagnated for 12 years. That’s not new. The only difference is for this critical mod they choose to stagnate and carry it forward. Otherwise melee, hybrids and dps tanks would also be using a 12 year old item for its effect.
  14. Duder Augur

Refer to:

15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is not true, they may have not updated the crit mod on the cleave line since 2008 but it did get other upgrades in 2015. And I am guessing they are not upgrading it because they are happy with where it is at now since they continue to put it on gear.
  16. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

It is true. Cleaving has been stagnated at 360 critical mod for melee for 12 years since SoD. The novelty of adding 5 flat damage or 45 flat damage per hit mean absolutely nothing. One focus was carried forward stagnated.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It maynot be modern but it is a current focus. I think it was Eldroth that said they didn't want to increase it any further, the same way worn haste hasn't increased. Both have reached a point where they do not want to increase it, but still want it to be used.

The necro epic is something they have wanted to change since all other worn epic focus decayed. A lot of necros didn't like being tied to it.

The necro revamp is the ideal opertunity to rework the dots to take into account the lack of necros having epic 2s. It may also mean they can develop the class further. At the end of the day if the necro DPS is the same as it was prior to revamp then they haven't lost anything.
    Duder likes this.
  18. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

They won’t be. This change drastically alters the class but solves nothing regarding number of dots required or level of dps in raid settings with multiple targets or long durations. So we are losing the big chunk of critical rate which could just become more AA ranks at say 100 and then will lose some of the base damage down the road anyway.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I am genuinely impressed by your commitment to this extremely loose comparison between a 14 year old focus for a single caster class vs. a melee specific effect that is still available on current gear. Undeterred by every other person in the thread disagreeing with you, you continue on with this polished mental gymnastics routine. I salute you.
  20. Funky Augur

i'd like to know what exactly the "fix" is for this considering how many posts there have been with the responses "Cannot duplicate, need more info."
    svann, Moege and Velisaris_MS like this.