Wizard Class Leader?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Aztaar, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Aztaar Journeyman

Do we still have a class leader that helps with giving feedback to Devs?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No. Those don't exist anymore.

The best you can do is post here and start a discussion and try to generate as many likes as possible. Maybe a developer will see and inquiry/discuss further.

The good news is the current wizard community is probably the most transparent on these forums, so the developers know/should know there's not a lot of ridiculous claims. requests, etc. coming from us.

Wizards are at a dead end development wise until DPG devs decide what they want to do with direct damage in the game. Not much to do but continue doing what we can. I enjoy my wizard immensely in the raid game but there is nothing more disappointing than going from seeing 10M+ harm touches on the parse to now 20M druid dot ticks,
    Jumbur, FubarEQ, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

We need to get a roundtable together of the top raiding wizards and reach out to the devs re: how to fix the class.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Honestly, I've been waiting for the necro dot revamp to finish before pushing discussion for changes. I think the wizard discussions over the last year or so have covered a lot of the basics. And I'd really rather not just rehash old conversations if the developers are not ready to listen (we haven't had a lot of drop in by devs in our conversations).

As to where the necro dot revamps stands ... who knows? There are still lines that haven't been touched, but we didn't get any changes in July. And I'm not sure how Prathun leaving affects this. If the August Test patch doesn't have any necro dot changes, I'm going to assume that phase one is complete and we can start asking when the pull back is going to start (having necros equal me on initial burn of Toejam in Velks raid is a bit disheartening...the melee are bad enough on that already).

The wizard community is currently a little split as well. Some are looking for changes that will directly affect the standings on a raid parse and some are looking to give some new directions/restarting old abilities that give us more utility, more breadth in game. Personally, I'm more concerned about the raid parse stuff than utilities, but that's because outside of raids, I don't solo my wizard. But I know a number of us do.

We're still useful. Every raid force usually wants at least 3 of us (mainly because 3 necros is about all you can squeeze on a mob) and I haven't seen wizards being turned down for dps group additions just because they're wizards (still disappointing being invited to a group without a chanter or druid there though). I just think we'd all agree that there should be more for us as a one trick pony (dps).
  5. Aztaar Journeyman

I'm with you Cragzop, I would say the majority of people who made a wizard expected to be the best at high dps for at least shorter periods of length. I've been playing one in group and raid game for 18 years now. If things don't change, I will be forced to change classes unfortunately. It is not fun for me being behind necros and druids on a burn. It's time for them to crap or get off the pot with our class.
  6. Lockdown Elder

Thank goodness. Our last Enchanter rep got one of our most important AAs nerfed.
  7. kizant Augur

Dzarn has been making some good changes the past few years but for some reason they keep increasing other classes even more. It may not be on purpose. Wizard increases are usually pretty simple to figure out and kinda linear while other DoT/melee things compound in ways they may not fully understand until after the fact.

Either way I'm out of suggestions and don't plan on getting too involved at this point. If necros stay the same for another month and your guild has room for one more that would be the best thing to main change to imo.
    RPoo likes this.
  8. Szilent Augur

this is a substantial impediment to the "if you can't beat em join em" strategy. With two dozen(?) worthwhile(and/or automatic) debuffs, Covenants, and 3-8 dps dot slots being used per class and per player for some classes...

Tash
    Tash's Lingering
    Somnolence
    Malo
    Scent
    Slow
    Cripple
    Ro
    Frost
    Lower Element
    Reptile Curse
    Eye Gouge
    Raven's Claw
    war/rog/ber weakening
    Season's Wrath
    Bladewhirl
    Pinpoint
    MnkSynergy
    Two-Finger
    CalledShots
    Screaming Axes
    OverpoweringFrenzy
    mnk intimidation
    ber intimidation
    rog intimidation
    brd intimidation
    fir chant
    ice chant
    poi chant
    dis chant

yeah that's 30 before the Covenants & actual dots are listed

At least the Crippling Glare x6-8 issue was addressed...
  9. kizant Augur

Luckily there's a lot of adds in ToV raids. Besides even if half a necro's DoTs get blocked they'll still do more damage than a Wizard over the course of a night.
  10. Szilent Augur

it's true. but it's a part of necromancering that sucks.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Anyone can give feedback to the devs via a pm on the forums. You can also ask a CRT member to relay it for you, but that doesn't mean it will get any more consideration than sending a PM yourself.

As far as Wizards class issues go, there are a variety of ways to make the class better, the real issue is convincing the devs that we need to be better. That you or I say the class performs at X level but we think it should perform at Y level does not mean that the devs agree.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  12. Khadgars123 New Member

How can one PM a dev? Been a Wizard since 1999 ;p
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

As long as players don't try to "hide" the state of wizards from the forums(because of some misguided fear of nerfs), then I expect re-tunings to be fair and balanced. :)
  15. Mookus Augur

It doesn’t appear that anyone is in charge of monitoring and addressing Class balance. It just gets treated as a special project when the appropriate level of complaints has been reached.

Wizards are very much forgotten. Aside from figuring out new ways to entitle every other class to our arts or ‘masters or travel’. Being the absolute weakest defense class in the entire game, with no pet has yielded us zero benefit. By neglect, not intention.

Imo our issue is that our dps can only compete while we are criting and twincasting and have every other possible. But the way the game has
    Progressed, they make our crits bigger but still rare. When wizards are not crit ting, it’s like we are fully resisted. They need to make wizards crit more like melees do. And be less reliant on once in a while disc’s today average our complete garbage with short bursts of almost good enough.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought they did away with CRT's
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Nope. We're still around.
  18. Critts Augur

I thought this class became a clickable pet item 3 years ago.
    Cadira likes this.
  19. RPoo Augur

Make wizards ! it's censoring "" again great reversed
  20. Ibudin Augur

Wizards need more PORTS.
    Dyna likes this.