Died in the Lobby, No Corpse, Lost Experience

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Aug 6, 2020.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

Howdy all,

Weird thing. I left Lilbraen in the lobby along with 2 other characters last night to soak up buffs. I had an internet issue in the morning and all three accounts lost connection. I logged all three accounts back in just a bit ago and Lilbraen was recently killed somehow. He's missing 8.5% experience, only has shammy buffs, and there is no corpse from the corpse summoner.

I tried camping out/in, but got nothing.

Has anyone ever had this happen?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm a bit stumped as to how you would end up dead & corpseless in the lobby, but it might be worth checking Shadowrest to see if your corpse wound up there perhaps. Some strange & rare bugs have led to that being where a corpse may go.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

Good call. Ran out there and couldn't figure out how to check. It's been well over a decade since I had. I checked Allakzaam and apparently they removed Shadowrest functionality a while back.

Oh well... Guess I need to get some more experience.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Couple of rounds of Overseer & you'll be squared away np
  5. Nadisia Augur

Weird issue ...

But you can wait till the next patch, you'll get plenty of corpses to rez in the lobby, it's a new «functionality» since the big mess ... err, the big merge, some sort of corpse dispenser lol :D
  6. Duder Augur

Berserker? What is that ability that behaves as a dot and will kill you if left running? Have seen zerkers do this countless times. Corpse decayed after 3 hours. You got shaman buffs from some one in zone. Something along those lines.
  7. cadres Augur

Expedient recovery should recover exp without a corpse?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Expedient recovery is not going to work. Nor is counting on the corpse being there after the next patch.

You died from a dot and since you were in game the corpse only lasts 3 hours. It poofed. When you die you get a count down to accept a rez and if not taken it ports you back to bind spot. So you returned to your bind spot which is the lobby and some shaman threw out mgb buffs.
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  9. Repthor Augur

Zerkers and Necros both got abilitys that degen hp. Gotta make sure not to afk with them on for a longer period of time
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

Update: Did a Log Search

Thickn is my shammy box. That's when I was AFK in the lobby. I was full HP and I had a lingering Dissident Roar as an unnecessary HoT (hence the 0 hp heal). Between that message and the ones below, I can find no line showing me taking damage.

Skuz likes this.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

Yep. Now I just want to know! ;)
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Captain Video Augur

You didn't say where you were when you first cast ToH. My presumption is that you were not in the guild lobby, and if you weren't anywhere in PoK, you could be vulnerable. ToH is interruptible, and if you disconnect from the server at just the wrong time, I think that triggers an interruption, leaving you wherever you were when you cast. The rest is consistent with what I would expect you to find after a long AFK. Also, if you had just zoned into PoK and you lost server connection, the latency on some servers has been so bad recently that it is possible the server couldn't tell you had just zoned when the ToH interrupt happened, and so it put you back to your last known location. It's just an educated guess though. Weird that the log doesn't show taking damage from anything.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Shadowrest doesn't work anymore. iirc.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Are you auto healing with the shaman?
    and in here asking for aid?
    ahh.. lol
  15. Nniki Augur

I'm not sure how you deduced that from what he said. While what he stated doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility, I'd assume he was implying that he cast Dissident Roar with his shaman prior to going AFK such that it was "lingering" up until just before he died. He stated that the character was stationed in the guild lobby, so the effect would not have worn off while unattended.

He was simply pointing out that the heal over time effect was providing zero benefit and that there were no lines following it in the log to indicate that he had taken any damage leading to his character's death.
  16. Duder Augur

Had you hit Berserker's Untamed Rage and left it goin?
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are correct. They disabled it in 2016 as a graveyard to recover corpses. They took all the other Emissary out except for: the Emissary in Plane of Knowledge is still available should adventurers wish to visit Shadowrest and reminisce about the olden days."

However it is still part of an /ach - Everquest - Special Events Explorer - Shadowrest Traveler.

The NPC Devn Traical is supposed to be sending folks there but he appears to be broke. They are working on him.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  18. Sappas Journeyman

Yeah, I'm somewhat new to playing a berserker and did this. I went to the lobby immediately after a fight and still had a self dot running. It normally doesn't last THAT long. However, I think because I was in the lobby it simply never wore off. End result was that while I went afk I died. I came back though in time to get a rez. Lesson learned:)
    Duder likes this.
  19. Sobmre Augur

it took you longer to make this post then it would have to regain the lost exp..........