FV Ruleset TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RizLoaner, Aug 4, 2020.

1. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I don't agree with your Brekt analogy. Brekt in essence instantly became a live server. Why would someone play on a live server when an established FV already exists? People (some) want to be able to experience progression with Free Trade.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well some people actually did play on Brekt, it wasn't entirely dead.

I know.

Personally I have nothing against that.

But using the argument that a Free-Trade TLP would be a huge success because "Just look at how popular FV is!" has been used repeatedly in the past so my own argument against the Free-Trade is that it isn't enough by itself to justify a new TLP, the FV TLP advocates are going to need a very much more compelling argument than that given all the downsides the devs see with that idea.

And more importantly the devs would need to see a much larger number of players clamouring for a Free Trade TLP than we have seen, a vocal minority is not gonna cut it I am afraid, the PvP bois learned that lesson.

Want to know how many? Go look at how many different posters clamoured for the ruleset Rizlona has.

If all the FV TLP fans rolled up on FV right now they might be able to make one small guild, with some rules & self discipline they could run a TLP progression style experience on FV today, you don't really need the devs to create a new server for you, it's not ideal by any means but it would be completely possible to do it.
  3. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

There talk already recognized there is demand for a Free Trade progression server. They said it won't happen because they don't have the customer support team available to deal with issues that would likely happen on the server.
  4. Healiez Augur

I would personally like to see a different ruleset then just straight up recycled content.

However im not sure a true fv clone would be super popular, maybe just the free trade aspect but i dunno.

Personally I would like a faster unlock, like 8 weeks per expansion with double raid loot. Selos was a blast but to keep up you had to raid 5-6 nights a week.

Point to that? Ask 50 people what they would want from a tlp, you will get 50 different answers
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As in different expansions for TLP? Never gonna happen.

Yeah quite a few wanted faster than the 12/8 cycle Phinny/Coirnav/Mangler/Aradune & Rizlona got but felt that Selo was just way too fast for them & they couldn't keep up with its very demanding schedule, so 8 weeks for every expansion could be ideal for a few but hard to say what the numbers of players who would stick to a server with that would be.

You're not wrong there.

My idea was a God-Mode TLP :D
    ForumBoss likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

We don't need another Phinny rehash but of course we're coming up on another one in a few months. What's the harm in trying fv loot?

Could it be worse than coirnav? Miragul?
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes.
  8. Kahna Augur

Actually, it is pretty much impossible. Unless you want a progression guild that never actually does any raiding, I guess that could be a thing. Unlike regular gameplay, or even PvP with book turn ins, there is no mostly dead server for people to go to to replicate an FV server. Not since they got rid of Brekt. Without AOCs, and on a server as popular as FV, there is basically no chance of ever finding any raid mobs up until you get to the part of the game that used instanced raiding. When a single high level toon can wander in whenever and murder the mobs in all of 2 minutes they tend to stay perma dead.
    HoodenShuklak and ForumBoss like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Before Plane of Time yes. But on FV you level so dang fast doing classic-era raids is almost pointless anyway.

Hence why I added

10. Kahna Augur

Suggesting they speed level through the 5 expansions that make up the majority of what people come back to progress through? That is a far cry from simply "not ideal".
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

$50 says this is a RizLoaner alt account.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:(
  13. DryalRmog Augur

I think 2 things make FV popular, fast exp, and no trade loot

A server that did those two things with two month lock outs, with AOC would knock it put of the park IMO
    Imdead likes this.
  14. RizLoaner Elder

Nah, I don't have alt accounts, they all disappeared calling out Kukgrol on his third party cheats.
  15. That0neguy Augur

The chances of us getting any TLP that has a different ruleset than what is already out there right now is near 0 with their staffing problems.
  16. KermittheFroglok Augur

No, just NO. Terrible idea that only people that farm Krono or like splashing cash to skip content want. Not most of us. Most people DON’T play FV rule set, hence why this should just die as a terrible idea.

FV = people abusively camping nice items that were otherwise no trade so they can sell.
    TLP = botters abusively camping items for sale.

FV * TLP = Abusive/toxic Krono farming to the extreme.

Keep icky free trade out of TLP. Bringing the trivial loot code back wouldn’t help much as a botter can level/de level their toons to the range they need with minimal effort. Just penalized players that want to solo old content out of era.

Want faster exp, then play Ragefire or Selo. Want free trade, then ditch TLP and play FV on Live.

The point of TLP is to get an approximation of the old world content & progression. The FV ruleset lets you entirely skip progression with plat and defeats the purpose of the TLP experience.
  17. Nolrog Augur

I got as far as there is a guild on Riz called FV Plz, then I saw the wall of text and noped out.
  18. Cezz Journeyman

I can't believe skud is still here spouting the same dumb arguments "buh buh brekt". Your logic is literally "FV is popular because its popular" and "why would you even want a progression server? play live jeez"

Why is this the hill you are trying to die on?
  19. Imdead Augur

I'm not sure why people argue that a FV TLP would just be RMT/Krono farming to the extreme. I think it's actually the Krono farmers that are against a FV TLP cause then your average Joe can sell their no-drop raid gear and it would greatly increase the supply on the server.

There is currently not a single thing you can't buy on Aradune with enough Krono.

A FV TLP would just mean that instead of dedicated krono farmers burning personal instances to sell loot rights, literally anyone could sell their loot. More competition/supply is good for buyers and makes items cheaper and more available.
  20. Cezz Journeyman

This is exactly right. Anyone who has raided on a server with AoCs knows that so much raid loot gets wasted every week that allowing it to be traded means all cash camps in the non raid game are instantly garbage. Too many bottom lines at risk to give the people what they want.