Aradune Server vs TEQB. Any actual instance only guilds left?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by idoljen, Jul 30, 2020.

1. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Casual compared to what? If you are calling Aradune casual given its ruleset and largest population of any TLP ever, that must mean all prior tlp's were ultra-casual. I've known it all along....thanks for confirming.
  2. RizLoaner Elder

Any TLP with AoC raiding is by nature a casual server.
  3. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Why not just take it a step further, EQ by nature is a casual game. There ya go, now the term is irrelevant.
  4. RizLoaner Elder

You have AoC raiding, that's casual as can be. There were only two true "hardcore" TLP servers, Fippy and Vulak. If you wanted to raid you had to compete. None of the guilds on any TLP server these days has to compete unless they're a zerg force by choice. Being hardcore on a casual server these days is pretty funny.
  5. CokaSZ "Oh they baited us"

Some of those players from Fippy, Vulak, Lockjaw and Ragefire play here though, and a lot of the US players who were in the top guilds there are doing OW targets answering Batphones almost 24/7 etc on Aradune. Look at the make up of That's EQ Baby lots of well known TLP players from various top TLP guilds.

Only difference is they don't have any competition (at the moment at least)

As for this being the most populated TLP ever, it's a moot point, most of the people here want to AoC raid 2-3 times a week and have had no aspirations to even attempt OW.

Hence why some of the larger guilds who have attempted to Batphone have struggled.

Does that make Aradune a casual server? Like I said it depends on who's eyes you look at it through.

TEQB have raided every day for 2.5 months would tell you no. Most of the other guilds who've raided 3 times a week for 2.5 months will probably tell you otherwise.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

Nope, only the TLPs with agents are casual.

Do you have the official numbers to back this claim up or are you guesstimating? I'm pretty sure it would be really close if not right behind Phinigel in population and popularity.
  7. Imdead Augur

Fippy and Vulak were soft compared to Combine and Sleeper. And you forgot Ragefire/Lockjaw if you are just defining "hardcore" as non AoC raiding.
  8. Imdead Augur

http://aradune-progress.com/

14 guilds fully cleared through EoV in era with 2 weeks to go and I'm sure there are more guilds that are not documented there. More than any other previous TLP.
  9. RizLoaner Elder

So it's a bunch of casual instance guilds and 1 that clears open world content. Seems soft as can be.
  10. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Whats soft is not posting with your in game name =)

The fact that the player cap was raised higher than it has ever been and we still saw queue's for 18 hours of every day for a month, longer than any prior TLP.

Combine and sleeper were soft compared to 1999 launch. Change my mind.
    You're also soft.
    Rajaah likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Phinny has 22 guilds on their Classic era kill tracker, though to be fair, some were after Kunark. Do you expect 8 new raid guilds to pop up on Aradune in the coming months?
  12. CokaSZ "Oh they baited us"

As far as I'm aware Phini had the biggest hype in terms of two of the big guilds on Fippy going for another round plus Rosengard.

Then other established guilds turned up also like MIM, EoE, InVirtue and eventually Darkwind X who also pushed for Server firsts.

This hasn't happened here (still early doors) But like I said most of the guilds on Aradune are happy to do their instances.

So anything TEQB do, they can just say well... nobody cares? who are you racing against?

3 Guilds said they would do OW on Aradune. 1 died before it started and joined Toxic Few, TEQB and us.

That leaves the other 20 or so guilds (as per Aradune Progress site) as AoC raid guilds off the bat.
    Goburs likes this.
  13. Imdead Augur

https://phinnyprogress.com/
    Phinny had only 9 guilds kill EoV in Classic compared to 14 on Aradune. I'm sure you will still see more/additional Aradune guilds killing Eye into Kunark and you'll have your reroll/reform guilds as well just like I'm sure you saw on Phinny.
  14. Imdead Augur

I mean, in 1999 I was busy dieing in East Commonlands to Griffons that I never saw coming cause my PC and internet couldn't handle the game so there's that lol. But Combine was Selo's on crack with every time you cleared everything more stuff just opened up leading to an impossible grind/rush.
  15. Imdead Augur

Also, technically Aradune has 23 guilds already on it's Classic kill tracker and there's other guilds I know that are not listed. And that's in Classic.
  16. Imdead Augur

I mean, if you want to look at it like that, Phinny was the same. AoS cleared open world and everyone else cleared instances.
  17. HicksAradune Augur

If i was part of a guild or an "Alliance" that tried to compete in OW but only managed to get 1 or 2 kills in 3 months - i'd have given up too.

Played on Phini with Darkwind, and we still tried to race AoS on every OW mob we could - we lost 99% of those but see when we got that rare kill? Joyous ! We need more of that mentality here on Aradune
  18. Imdead Augur

With how quick it is to lvl on Aradune you'd think there would be more open world racing. Especially since there are guilds covering almost every time zone it seems.
  19. HicksAradune Augur

Think i mentioned it in this thread also though - Our guys are a completely different animal when it comes to OW Batphones that i've never seen before

For example : Naggy. 6am EST (11am for me! yay for Euro). I put batphone out with like 13 people online , within 2 minutes i have 50+ online, within 8 minutes we've already pulled and killed naggy.

Even if a guild is covering/watching a zone, I've never seen a guild mobilize quite like we can. Its a beautiful thing to watch
    Rajaah likes this.
  20. haaaalp Augur

they care, they just can't do a damn thing about it lmaoooooooo