Too late to start on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jamhot, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Jamhot New Member

Hi all - I'm interested in rolling a new character on Aradune after a lengthy pause in my EverQuest career.

With Aradune launching in late May, have I missed the boat on this? How populated are the lower level zones and will I struggle to catch-up? I intend to play casually, so wondering if this is the server for me, or if I'll be left in the dust, talking to the shadows in Blackburrow?
  2. Tucoh Augur

No. With Kunark launching in a few weeks you have enough time to roll a new character and get to max level by grouping with other players. And hell, if you wanted to play an iksar you could wait till Kunark launches are be surrounded by other players.

Note that I expect Kunark's launch to be an unmitigated disaster from a server performance perspective with alternation between heavy queues and immense chat/zoning lag. Your mileage may vary.
  3. Moranis Augur

I would say Tucoh is half right - for the first 1-2 weeks, there will be regular grouping until people max out their mains. The regular grouping will usually consist of people like you and/or people who just genuinely waited for Kunark to drop because they hate classic. But as Tucoh also mentioned, Kunark launch is likely to be a colossal failure for at least 2-3 days.

After that period, 9/10 groups will be people power-leveling their Iksar monk alts.
  4. Siah Elder

No way man, plenty of people still leveling up, even pre-kunark launch. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding groups and leveling up. Also, find a guild and meet some new people. Welcome back to the game!
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Definitely not too late. The gms didn't even start yet.
    Thewiz and Foaming like this.
  6. PVPme Augur

7. Mrjon3s Augur

You can start anywhere from classic to luclin and be fine. Its really after luclin that it getting hard to find low level groups because people start focusing on AA's.
  8. Stune Augur

Not a good server, laggy etc.. best bet to go to the other one.
  9. Glowerss Augur

Aradune is no more laggy than any other server for a month or more now. Server is completely fine to start on and given there's a 2 box limit, should be far more pugs leveling up than other servers.

It's a great place and a good time to start.
  10. Deadshade Augur

I guess none of those who answered is levelling a low level character right now.
    The deal is like that :
    1 to 12 : BB and CB are ghost towns. You will need a friend who'll help you cross that desert or you have to solo (if your character can).
    13 to 30 : you have to go to UR and there you can find groups for this part of the trip still now
    30 to 40 and some : basically no other choice than Guk and there you will still find groups
    up to 50 : Hole and there are enough groups right now

Note : With Kunark up, there will be many lvl 1 Iksars levelling. However I'd say that in 99 % of cases these Iksars will be levelling with a lvl 50 + box so I don't think that it will make your LFG easier or faster.

a BIG caveat :
    Much depends on what your character will be. For most you can level like described above. However if you choose the less desirable classes (rogue, ranger ...) then there are no more enough groups to take "anybody" like it used to be a month ago. In this case prepare for longer LFG periods.
  11. Tucoh Augur

This is kind of a double edged sword. With the group XP bonuses it's a no-brainer to invite a non-dead weight group member in to your powerleveling so it's easy to coattail ride onto somebody else's powerleveling group. At lower levels this means you get on the express train to Ding town, but you effectively skip out on a lot of fun of leveling against "difficult" content.
  12. Lejaun Augur

It will be tough to start now. You missed the initial leveling waves.
    However, Kunark is about to come out. Create a character and get to the Iksar leveling areas when Kunark comes out. There will be plenty of lizards to group with.
  13. Healiez Augur

I have a felling lag and queues will be making a nasty return in about.... ohhh..... 9 days >=D

To answer the question, until luclin you can usually catch up fairly easily, even as a casual.

You will have more issues on "hard to solo classes" but we are about to have 6 months at level 60 with no further ways to advance our characters.

If you have the resources I would just suggest 2 boxing to level cap for when you cant find groups, as a 2 box team generally will be able to offset the exp from splitting by speed of killing and the reduced risk.

Groups are going to be hard to find for a while if not permanently. 3 months of classic and a good majority of players have all the classes they care about at cap for a while. If they make a new toon they will be powerleveling it with a box or a friend. A few people might make new iksars, so if you go that route you might get a couple of groups, however a lot might just powerlevel them up, OR people who wanted to go iksar will just pay to race change.