Fixed Your Overseer quest Shark Bait has failed to start.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Drewie, Jun 18, 2020.

1. dreadlord Augur

Sadly, restarting the computer/client doesn't fix it for me. I have still got a bugged character that shows as being an unavailable one of 3 in the front screen, but lists only 1 in the agent list
    Lorai and cadres like this.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

I also ran into a "failed to start" scenario last night on the common conversion. It turns out it was the x2 displayed on the quests tab and the "available agents" section versus only actually having 1 agent of that type listed on the Agents page.

Completely closing the account overnight and logging back in this morning fixed that agent count discrepancy.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  3. Mikana Augur

This might be related to the way that sometimes quests disappear and reappear in the Active Quests list - it is fairly common that I'll come back to the PC, and have Max Active Quests: 6/5 running, one of which has appeared from nowhere, in a Finished state.

Was unable to start any Common Conversion task this morning, despite having 4 or more of each of the agents (also showing correctly in the Agents list).

Next time I checked in, I had a Common Conversion task appear in the Active Quests list, that was definitely not there before. After finishing this quest, I was able to start the Common Conversion task again (and again, and again), to clear the backlog of extra agents I had stacked up.

Guessing it won't let you start a quest if it thinks that quest is already running?
  4. dreadlord Augur

Yes, I've had this happen a few times
    But I've also had 'can't start' errors for no apparent reason that I can fathom - ie what you're describing didn't apply in those instances.
    This happens to me all the time with the numerous Overseer bugs - I think I've found a workaround, which then promptly fails to replicate
  5. Wulfhere Augur

On the agent tab I have 2 "trapped Elemental". In the quest tab, it says I have 4 of them. I cannot start a quest with that agent because of this count error.
    lockjaws likes this.
  6. Hegsheoshed Augur

This is the bug from a fix to another bug. Instead of using the agents that are there it now tries to use the agents that aren't there so people don't lose their agents completely. It could be a phantom agent or it could be an agent that is on a missing quest. Add in the odd quest that reappears moments later from a conversion deja vu from zoning.........

It's when I lose agents completely that have that moment of veja du.
  7. lockjaws Augur

I am seriously LOL'ing at anyone who put money into /overseer.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Logging out and then in to another character fixed this count error. Re-logging (to the same character) may be sufficient too, IDK (yet).
  9. Mrtyu Developer

Can anyone confirm this is still happening? I am so far having zero luck at reproducing this particular issue.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had it happen a few days ago, but I don't remember if it was before or after the patch. I'll keep an eye out to see if I have it happen again.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i did my normal conversion and collect rewards. i got rewards ok but i converted commons to uncommon got 5. I start new quest got failed message so i log out all the way and come back all my uncommons agents i got are now gone and the commons are no longer there to be converted if it somehow went back. Pretty annoying as i got some useful uncommons but my rewards on collections were untouched.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Moege Augur

Just happened to me.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had it happen last night with an iconic agent on one of my accounts. The agent was incapciated, yet on the Quest tab, it showed I had multiple copies (3), and even showed the "!" to indicate that the agent wasn't available...yet I was able to select the agent to assign to quests. Of course, the quests wouldn't start with that agent assigned...as was expected.
  14. dreadlord Augur

It's happening to me right now. In guild hall on AB. Tried zoning/logging in/out several times
    I'm trying to do conversion quests. It says I have 4 of a particular common agent. I can convert others, but every time I try and add one of these 4 to the three in the conversion quest, it won't start

(but even more time has been taken up with quests just disappearing - 8 quests disappeared on one account; sometimes they're back in the available list, sometimes not. )

EDIT I notice for the first time a 2 minute timer on the common conversion quests and 4 minute on uncommon conversion. This new! Why?
    (the whole thing just gets more and more time consuming and less fun)
  15. Nniki Augur

Happened twice to me for the first time ever today. The only things different than usual today are that I swapped to another character and back (my character has otherwise been logged in since last week sometime), and I started a few 24-hour tasks (Recruit Overseer Gakkor Deepscar and Mechamatic Mechanic before Recruit Tumpy Irontoe) whereas I've been doing mostly 6-hour tasks with an occasional 12-hour task to fill a slot.

08/03/20 03:55:13 PM --- Camped and swapped to another character
    08/03/20 03:59:34 PM --- Logged initial character back in

[IMG]

I swapped D'Vinn out for Mayong and Gakkor out for Minotaur Lord in order to start them.

[IMG]

Note that the agent count and status for both D'Vinn and Gakkor are out of sync. It indicates I have two of each from the agent selection window and that they are unavailable with the exclamation point (but can be slotted) but only one of each and in the ready state from the Agents tab.
    Mithra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Not totally on topic but I'd love to get D'vinn on most of my characters but at least one would be nice.
    Nniki likes this.
  17. Omegga Elder

I had this happen twice and both times it was the golden haired mermaid who caused the problem.
  18. Drewie Augur

I had this error again when trying to start "Wrangling Ragefire", this time I put a Minotaur Lord (I have 4) in slots 3 and 6. I had to remove both Lords, only removing one of them still prevented me from starting the quest.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you check if you had one incapacitated ?
  20. Drewie Augur

Actually I have only 2 Minotaur Lords, both not incapacitated, while the quest shows 4 :
    [IMG]
    cadres likes this.