Cannot Reproduce Vet AAs used without being clicked

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Logged in my shaman today not played her in months.

Died while doing trial of Ashes, went to bind to use exp recovery and the button was down with a 44 hour and some minutes don't remember how many left till it was back up again.

I keep exp rez on a seperate page of my hot bar so I cannot acidently click it, so somehow it got triggered without using the hot button.
  2. qweasy Augur

Had this happen a few times but it was only a visual bug. The button showed a cooldown but I was still able to use the ability fine.
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They say check your clock but have done that and hasn't changed anything over the years. Still happens. Different computers too. I also made separate hot bars - relocated them to a different area - still happens so I know I am not accidentally clicking it.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even if it is a visual bug I am guessing a fair amount of people that have it don't know they can still use it because they don't know about this and don't try to click it
  5. Dahaman Augur

I have had this happen twice now. I have not verified it a visual bug, although I sure hope it is and will check that out next time.

The first time was just after the last patch to servers, the first time I logged in. The second time a few days ago. I can't recall the first buttons (although they were different from the XP rex), but the second time was Staunch Recovery and Chaotic Jester.
  6. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

My suspicion is that this visual bug may happen if you have claimed your account's veteran rewards across multiple characters. If you use any of the veteran AAs on one character, that same veteran AA may be "grayed-out" (albeit still usable) on another character.

I have not done the test yet, but will post the results in this thread if I run the experiment.
  7. That0neguy Augur

This seems to happen directly after a patch
    Nope. I've had it on my account and it was the only character they were claimed on.

I've also noticed it seems to happen to most people directly after a patch.
  8. Dahaman Augur

Data: I have claimed the vet reward on many characters on the account over the years. I have only used the vet rewards on one character (vet rewards claimed with Gates on Coirnav in July 2019) since Coirnav went live (March 2018). It was that one character that experienced the "grayed-out" buttons.
  9. Numiko Augur

I've had that bug happen to me (on multiple accounts and on multiple computers) since Veteran awards started. just seems to be totally random when/what abilities get clicked... does not happen every day but occasionally I will log in and find several of them grayed out and when you hover over them you get the timer showing when it will be available again so I do not think it just a visual glitch. ... sometimes its just one, sometimes its all of them.
    Kanadas likes this.
  10. smash Augur

Have had it for me as well, been after chat system down, and 1 time happened when login down
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't forget you have to "like" the first post to upvote the issues.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Even with it showing as being down, you can reset the visual bug by actually clicking it then interrupting the cast. I just click then immediately duck out of the cast. Resets the button npnp. If it's actually down from being used, it won't even try to cast it.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

Can anyone share any repro steps for this issue?
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

Always log in bypassing launcher.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I always use the patcher and it usually happens to me at least 2 x a month.

Nothing seems to be responsible, you just log in and the buttons are depressed like they were used. I even thought someone was hacking my account years ago and using the rewards so changed pw and did all that stuff but I was just paranoid back then.

Some people get it worse than others. Computer clock has been blamed as I mentioned above.

So far I have ruled out:

Clock issue
    Hot bar issue
    Computer issue - happens on different computers.
    Daylight savings time affecting it - happens WAY more than twice a year
    PEBKAC or ID-10T

For sure happens when the servers are having other issues like right now, billing not available - people can't cancel or subscribe, transfers on hold due to stuff getting lost, reward window not always showing rewards (not just the overseer ones but it happen on all rewards), quest list bleed thru..............
  16. That0neguy Augur

There doesn't seem to be any. For me it has usually always happened after a patch.
  17. Conq Augur

I can only confirm that this has been happening for years, across multiple accounts.
    Conq
    Winnowyl likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Can add that I have seen this sporadically, cannot identify any pattern to what causes it and it's always odd when it happens.

This may be purely coincidental but for me I have noticed is that for a while after having the old "corrupt ui file" bug and fixing that bug (I rename the ui file by putting OLD_ in front of the filename & then after loading into the game copy over the settings from the renamed file to the new file then deleting that old file) that the AA timer bug that happens to vet aa at times does disappear for a while for me.
    I don't know if this fix resolves the issue at all as the vet aa timer bug is very infrequent to begin with.

So only thing I would suggest is trying the "corrupt ui file" fix & see if that helps you.
  19. Repthor Augur

The botton beeing "pressed" happens to me all the time. However the skill is never on cooldown for me. I push the botton and it cast like expected. So i just chalked it up as a visual bug.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  20. Greymantle Augur

Happend to my daughters toon couple of days ago. Had a raid with multiple deaths , and the ability was not available. She does not recall the last time she used it .