AoC for RSS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kylearan, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Kylearan New Member

So, any thought being given to this? Giving guilds the opportunity for Queen and King kills would be super great.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/omens-of-war-aocs.242829/

It was talked about, didn't happen for Phinny. Didn't happen for Agnarr (obviously). Didn't happen for Coirnav. Won't happen for Mangler. King+Queen joins a long line of others in being ow only (Qviv Goats {pretty much}, POS giants, Chardok King/Queen...also, look forward to progression mini raid mobs in PoR being ow only as well)
  3. Thez69 Elder

It may sound great but tbh even on selo where we were objectively less geared than any other tlp going into omens, we only bothered doing rss a couple times. king/queen just sat up constantly cause its tacvi quality loot and you'll still be doing tacvi in omens
    Iyacc likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Think on live my guild only did this a handful of times in era when we had nothing better to hit, never really farmed it as the loot wasn't all that good for an active/well-geared raiding guild and pretty much all of the loot we got went to alts from it.

I don't think it was desirable enough an event that it warranted an AoC/DZ for it.
  5. Kiaro Augur

Yes, they gave it thought.
    The thought was - They're not needed for progression, their loot is sub par for the time invested in clearing to/killing them.
    They went from the experience on live servers back when OoW released - even the guilds who were capable of killing them with little effort, did not, it wasn't worth the time, on Veeshan they were spawned 75% of the time.
  6. Hamshire Augur

Having an AoC for RSS makes more sense then having one for timorous deep or wakening lands. The Qvic goats, PoS giants, and Chardok royals argument was always used cuz they are group content, you wont be grouping RSS king/queen in era.

I for one would like to see a RSS AoC, getting to OoW everyone in a racing guild is finally happy to be done with the racing ( even more so if you hardcore raced all of GoD ) then a few odd RSS races always end up happening and your always like

7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The AoC we got are the AoC we are gonna get. It's not a matter of loot or desireability because Wuoshi got an AoC, they simply don't have the time or manpower to implement more I guess.
    That0neguy and Skuz like this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Timorous has an epic mob but everything I recall about that rss raid was that its purely fluff and passable. As other servers pointed out, its not highly contested, nor very good for time vs effort vs reward.

And citing racers being happy to have nothing to race for is an odd argument...

I'd rather they focus on making qeynos tea stack to 1,000 tbh.
    ExoticCheese likes this.
  9. PVPme Augur

They're too busy doing important things like, removing all access days left from inventory.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Fortunately this is (mostly) fixed. They added Agents of Change for Theater of Blood minibosses and for Arcstone dragons/Porthio. The only open world competition mobs for keying in PoR now are the berserker bones from Titanothon and Devastation/Sverag minis, and those drop several per kill and aren't particularly long spawns.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Kiaro Augur

Wuoshi was likely a just a sweeping "Anything with MoTM gets an AoC" But you may be correct, I remember phinigel we had to fight tooth and nail to get Txevu fully AoC'd and it was a struggle to even get whats his face in DoDH (the OW bottleneck for progression) an AoC

By the time OoW/GoD had come out they had moved on to bringing up Agnarr/Coirnav and other useless servers which were DoA.
  12. Kiaro Augur

Mmmmmmm Plane of Storms minis 2.0, at least a lot of folks will have left by the time Mangler hits that.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Lol, it's a pretty far stretch from PoStorms madness. Each guild in PoR needs only one person to complete this step for requesting purposes, and each kill drops multiple bones. As opposed to your entire guild needing to complete PoStorms, and each player needing 2 unique medallions. :)
  14. Kiaro Augur

Oh, good, so more like the Martyr's passage competition in GoD progression (none)
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Depends, if the guilds form an alliance and work together, all good. If they want to race and be jerks they could block others from progression. But it's PoR so who cares.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

AoC went in to relieve what are considered to be "Progression bottlenecks", if it doesn't hit that criteria it isn't in the running to begin with now.

As Bobbybick said we have the AoC we can expect to get & while it is of course always "possible" any others are hugely unlikely at this point.