Phinigel Flagging issues EoK to live

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hendoh12, Jul 15, 2020.

1. JBox New Member

At least after next patch we might be able to test copy to the TLP test server.[IMG]
  2. Gafgarion Elder

Thanks for at least recognizing it as an issue and taking community feedback, but this is not a good outcome.
  3. Boodie New Member

IMAGINE listening to Selos players about anything game related.
    Good to know there are reasonable and talented people behind the wheel.

#deletethedevdiscordchannel

The fact that a small group of players could somehow manage to Frank over an entire server is kinda sad tbh.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Urban dictionary failed me, wth are you talking about?
  5. NickDanger Elder

This is very disappointing. I may be overreacting, but I think it is quite possible that Phinny will die with EOK as raiding guilds fall apart.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

I think he's trying to avoid the swear filter with Frank as the F-word, or he's just too hip for us ;)
  7. Rage Lorekeeper

I don't understand this decision at all. If you want a quick fix just increase the already in place mechanism that gives 2x flags to 4x. EoK and RoS are going to be a bit of a struggle but I think we'll cope if needed. But TBL is going to be very difficult to do in era on Selo with the current flagging. You have to do each tier 4 times to proceed to the next, with the current double flags. If everything goes smoothly I would guess 24-25 days to clear the entire expansion out of a 28 day expansion. It also has a reputation for being one of the hardest expansions and we'll likely be going in undergeared with the EoK/RoS situation. Any issues and we won't be able to clear it in era. We've had months where we lose 2-3 days of raiding due to server problems or patches. Plus its January and numbers are usually low the first week due to the holidays.

A promise to revisit this in January does nothing to help us as we will already be in TBL at that point. Please reconsider.
  8. Poem New Member

I'm confused.. didn't they say extending an xpac duration was just a push of a button that could be done on ANY patch day? I don't see how that is unreasonable or taking up resources. Unless I am missing something?
  9. Nolrog Augur

I think you are misunderstanding what Ngreth said.

He said it could be changed any patch day between now and RoS launches, it does not have to be before EoK. But did not indicate it's a push of a button fix. There's no such thing in EQ.

Skuz likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

So how about a 50% reduction in lock outs for a month. Not specific to EoK, but for all servers all expansions. Not an elegant solution but would help alleviate the issue.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. RainbowCane Elder

Let's not descend into a pitchfork mob just because we didn't get our way. I think that the response is sad. I also think it hurts us as a server. But I in no way think this is a "death warrant" for Phinigel, and it is no excuse to turn into petulant children throwing a tantrum.

The 3 guilds left raiding on Phinigel have stuck it out for a reason. We are determined, and we will make it to live whether we are wearing full BiS gear or not. Does this make it harder? Yes. But we've been force-fed beans before, and this is no different. Hitch up your pants, tighten your belts, and we will keep murdering monsters like we've done for the past 20+ expansions.

I also would like to challenge everyone to identify any remaining hurdles or roadblocks between now and live as EARLY as possible. I 100% believe that if we had identified this issue months ago instead of weeks ago, we would have had plenty of time to get it fixed. I hold myself responsible for not seeing this coming and getting it on the table long ago.

Ngreth and crew have been great about fixing issues given the time. Hence the currency / keying changes we have already all benefited from. The loss of veteran teammates (Prathun) means the remaining members are carrying a heavier load, that's a fact we are going to have to live with whether we chose to acknowledge it or not.

Fdiine
    Leader - Resolute - Phinigel
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Could we rightfully conclude from this that the yearly expansion is on schedule? ;-)
  13. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Agreed.

While it may be more difficult I still think as long as people don't freak out and quit because of the challenge, Phinigel will make it to live with raiding guilds. Of course its going to be tough, but who doesn't like a little challenge.

As far as Selo's goes, I tip my hat to you guys and how you are progressing on 1 month expansion unlocks. That is an accomplishment in itself.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I appreciate the response at least.

However I think they should extend the RoS launch date 1 month so that EoK lasts 3 months. Using a level increase to determine 2 month vs 3 month expansion duration is a poor metric to use. As an example, EoK is about 11,500~ AAs for a druid. RoS is 5 levels and 5,500 AAs for a druid. The former will take more time to grind out than the later, yet the former we are getting 2 months and the later is 3 months.

Beyond this, I think when they get time they should reassess their Key/Currency fix they had previously coded. Currently on TLP servers it provides 2x Currency/Keys on launch, 3x when 3 months have passed from launch and 4x when 6 months have passed from launch. They really just need to start us at 4x currency/keys immediately from launch on TLP servers.

In the case of a 3 month expansion, we see the content for 25% of the time live servers did. By offering 4x currency/keys we will be able to clear through tiers once or twice before we get enough keys to move on to the next tier. Also by offering increased currency it would put a raiders currency count closer to live guilds. We would still see only 25% of the chest loot live guilds see, but the extra currency would help reduce the problems created by things like the armor creation method in EoK/RoS.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Also. I want to apologize if anyone felt lead on by my participation in the conversation. My attempt was... to participate in the conversation, not lead people on.

I don't plan to take this disappointment and stop communication. I do plan to continue. It is possible that how busy we are could lead to less participation until next year, but I consider it part of my job to participate. My participation will not go to zero.
  16. Poem New Member

We appreciate the communication. I know I'll personally be joining the road to live, and loving it all the way regardless. See you all there!
  17. That0neguy Augur

The participation is great. The decisions may suck, and we may not always see eye to eye. But please don't ever stop communicating. Any communication is better than none.

From a business perspective I get it. You guys make $$ from the yearly expansions and not necessarily directly from TLP's on changes like this. With that said there is still a large chunk of revenue from the TLP servers to justify time and effort spent on these changes.

I wish there was an easier solution for you guys that didn't involve a lot of work to fix these problems. I assume there has to be something that you can do that will meet the players and dev teams in the middle. It may not be the best solution but it would help a lot I am sure.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Zipe The Healer

The more TLP players that make it to live the more potential yearly-expansion buyers.
    Maybe some accountant on dpg already made the numbers and delaying one month phinny stepping into live meant a revenue expected loss, revenue for a fixed date that was already assigned to some passive.
    I hope they balanced and considered the consequences of f/u/cking phinny off vs new live players.
    After Miragul I have been assuming that they don't want us to reach live... So sorry if I sound harsh.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well a few of us did try back in April, issues with the servers since then pretty much buried.the thread but I linked back to it earlier in this topic too.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/expansion-duration-past-tbm-phinnigel.265249/
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I didn't feel led on, but prior to Prathun & the others departing this felt like it was in the realms of "certainly possible", it's that which makes for the majority of the disappointment for me.

Your communication & your work on the TLP is appreciated, as is the work of all of the team.

Like others said even if we think decisions might suck or the situation that forces no action sucks we still appreciate the interaction, there is nothing worse than zero interaction from the team at all.

Even terrible news is better than radio silence.