Devs, please increase the fellowship size

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

This has undoubtedly come up before, but the squeaky wheel, you know.

Can't we get an increase in fellowship size? It's annoying to shuffle alts in and out, especially with the 17 hour re-add limit.

That is all.
    SmellyFinger, cadres, Krushor and 2 others like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

I would like fellowship membership to be based on account, not based on the character.
    aozs, Winnowyl, Elyssanda and 6 others like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Originally Fellowships were just 6 Characters, they upped it to 9 & then 12 later on already, so it's probably unlikely that Fellowships will see further increases beyond that, they were designed mainly to help real players catch up to friends rather than assist with levelling an an alt-army.

I am an alt-oholic myself so I have multiple fellowships, one for my main 3 box level 105 crew & I only put 3 level 100 alts in at a time, removing them when they "fill-up" on boost, and a secondary fellowship for heroic level alts a third for low level alts, I don't play the alts a whole lot right now but probably will once Phinny hits live status & I have 12 months between expansions.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The developers have said they don't want to make another guild within a guild, so I doubt this will happen. It isn't necessary anyways.
    Dythan and Zamiam like this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Well making tradeskills so pleasant for us (make all button, remembering recipes for us) is not necessary either but I am dang sure glad they did it!
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Another 5 would be nice, but even 2 or 3 extra would be helpful, especially for those of us who group with more than 12 people.
  7. Greymantle Augur

I can see the reasoning behind the , not wanting to create sub guilds argument. Instead of increasing the number of slots. How about allowing us to be in more than one fellowship?
  8. Tevik Augur

If they don't want to allow alts to soak up the experience sharing, fine, whatever, but I feel so empty without my fellowship chat when I log onto an alt.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  9. Zilendar New Member

10. Nadisia Augur

It would make sense, and solve the size limitation in most cases.
    Winnowyl and Flatchy like this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We do not want fellowships to become a second guild. We are firm on not increasing the amount of characters per fellowship.
  12. kizant Augur

Followship size is already kinda too big.
    Andarriel likes this.
  13. dreadlord Augur

But this isn't what people want!
    They *want* to be able to add alts
    atm if you have a fellowship of the original size of 6 (which mine is, for eg), each player can only add 1 alt. That's really not especially helpful, especially given that only the fellowship leader can switch alts in and out.
    Being able to give my alts the xp I don't need is a reason for me to keep playing through the summer when everything is otherwise done.
    Having my alts with me in a fellowship is no threat or undermining in any way to my guild or anyone's guild. It simply enables me and my friends (who are not all in the same guild) to interact with each other, especially when playing alts, as most are doing at this time of year as everything is done on mains

This would be really, really useful and greatly increase the fun of the game

The way I see it, guilds and fellowships have very different purposes
    My guild is where I raid
    My fellowship is where I hang out with friends
    The two may intersect, but they are distinct and different.
    Boosting the ability of fellowships to play a meaningful role doesn't have any downsides I can see
    (ok, apart from allowing the bot armies to amass even more folk to a given spot more quickly, perhaps)
  14. minimind The Village Idiot

The fellowship of the ring had 9 members, so 12's not so bad. More like one people plus one alt each.
    kizant and Zamiam like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

How about keeping the number the same but making it account based rather than character based ?
    Elyssanda, Winnowyl and Yinla like this.
  16. dreadlord Augur

You mean that i would be able to rotate any of my alts on the 'fellowship' account in/out of the fellowship?
    That would work for folk who have 1 account, but little help to everyone else
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Make multiple fellowships, it's faster to boost alts when there are fewer of them in the sharing pool.

If you want the size increased purely for the convenience of having all of your alts in it you aren't really using it for it's designed purpose at that point.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Nniki Augur

Fellowships didn't even have the experience sharing feature when it launched in 2007. Fellowships were designed simply to make it easier to hang out with your friends. That's all the people in my fellowship really care about.
    The experience sharing feature wasn't added until 4 years later with the June 29, 2011 game update. The leader can always toggle the sharing of others in the fellowship if you want to focus on certain characters. If they made it account-based, maybe they could expand that functionality by letting you have control over the setting for all characters under your account.
  19. dreadlord Augur

Ok, another suggestion
    How about taking the XP sharing functionality out of the constraints of the fellowship altogether?
    Is there any (technical) reason I can only share my XP with someone in my fellowship?
    Could I just designate a named person?

Both the 'hanging with friends' and 'giving others xp' are valuable functions to me
    It's not about 'having all my alts in', it's about being able to share xp - which i can only do with one person that cannot be changed easily.
    Also, people are leaving fellowships and setting up smaller ones just so they can do exactly that; most/many folk don't play with their fellowship 100% of their playtime
  20. Sobmre Augur

well how about a group version of a guild banner then. for guildies only.