Prathun has left EQ....No announcement?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Areosea, Jul 19, 2020.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Really good watch, worth the hour and a half.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

You spelled "second half of Rain of Fear" incorrectly.
    Cadira likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

4. Stymie Pendragon

I really liked it as well. Definitely worth the time watching.
  5. Roartyger Smoot Elder

So that's what a Prat looks like.

I guess it's to be expected when one person leaves for the competition that others may soon follow.

Anyway pardon my Prat nickname for you, I am sure you've heard it already :D. I only use it as a jape.

Good luck at Blizzard.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

These days it is just alot of "fake difficulty" in Everquest.

That is all....
  7. Coagagin Guild house cat

Really? You want an announcement declaring a poached employee or three? I'll leave it at that.

- Coag
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Pretty much this.

The only time I remember an announcement that a senior Developer was leaving EQ was when Elidroth left to become a full time Pilot. That was seriously just cool - who wouldn't want to fly for a living if they had the chance? This is especially so given it was a dream job for Elidroth.

Leaving for another game - especially WoW, is a whole other ball of wax. It's against Dark Paw's best interested to announce and we all got to know Prathun well enough to know he wasn't going to tarnish the legacy he left in EQ - the game he put so much effort in for the better part of 2 decades.

Now, had Prathun become a hair model - that would have to had to be announced. I'm bald and jealous of that perfectly parted mop of his!!
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

"if" ? Does that mean this isn't Prathun's new ID photo?

[IMG]
    Duder, Iven, Gyurika Godofwar and 6 others like this.
  10. Nadisia Augur

Rofl Nennius . :D

Prathun after a hard coding session
    Duder, Nennius and Jhenna_BB like this.
  11. enclee Augur

Didn't get posted here yet, but Shawn had an interview with Kevin McPherson, aka Mr. Kunark.

One of the big takeaways from the video for me was that, Kevin kept and his group kept their characters at level 25 to roll around slaughtering players.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought maybe he had got a sining contract. :):D:cool:
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Another is how kunArk is pronounced :-D
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

15. Jennre Band Leader

and LUCK-Lin
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. Grove Augur

Prathun's name is red again and the title Developer is seen. The last comment is July 15. Is this merely a display of respect?
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nennius likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

There have been a lot of articles lately about poor wages at Blizzard. If prathun and holly left DBG for Blizzard, they must have been paid in Daybreak cash.
  19. Nniki Augur

If you go to his profile, it says that it is no longer available, so they must have re-instated privileges on the account so that it would show up in red and titled as developer again for posts and then banned/deactivated the account so that it couldn't be used.

Otherwise, it appears he started working at Blizzard as a Game Designer on Monday.
    Bobbybick and Nennius like this.
  20. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

The articles I saw were mostly about CS/QA being paid really low (minimum wage or close to it) vs the CEO, which is going to be a really stark comparison at any company. Not to defend Blizzard or other companies who have really huge pay disparity. It's definitely a problem, but not 100% sure it applies to people at Holly/Prathun's level.