AOC For Chardok

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ghost Of Fippy, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Can you Devs put in a little effort and make an AoC for Chardok? I know the excuse is there is really no 'Raid' mobs, but there is still the King and Queen that many need a couple groups to take down.

The fact you have one for Howling Stones with no real 'Raid' NPCs, flies in the face of why you would not do one for Chardok.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

While I agree with you there is no reason why Howling Stones should have an AoC, I would also point out that the Chardok Royals will spawn in pickzones. You shouldn't have any issues getting them. Would I like to be able to go into a DZ of chardok with a group of 5 friends and clear the whole zone? Sure. But is it something that is needed? I do not think so.
  3. Protagonist Tank

They've repeatedly said they will not add AoC for people wanting to limp through group content.
  4. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

And then added an AoC for Howling Stones. The King and Queen are much harder than Drusella. So what they say and what they do is a contradiction as always.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Drusella has a much longer repop than King/Queen and doesn't spawn in pickzones.
  6. Protagonist Tank

So the AoC in HS should be removed. That's the point your post makes.
  7. Hadesborne Augur

Get a group/raid together, spawn a pick and race down for the kill like everyone else. There will be PLENTY of picks to choose from.
  8. Xhartor Augur

The Royals are on 2 hours respawn timer, and spawn in picks. Picking now take you to zone in, so anyone attempting to pick hop to farm them would need to park a non-kos mage in each pasted the locked doors.

Making them work like Drusella is worse for the server farming epic pieces. That DZ would have 1 week lockout and you would lose the pick option for killing them. This will reduce the rate at which guilds are able to farm the epic pieces off them. The royals aren't currently a bottleneck for any of the epics they are needed for a change isn't needed.
  9. Imukai Augur

Chardok has an AoC. He's on the way to the exit. But he's for Chardok B and does nothing until that zone unlocks.

Aside from the Royals being in /picks (and there being 5-10 picks during Kunark, easy), aren't they a relatively quick respawn too?
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Less the 2 hours actually! Also you can bind in there and just Gate after picking to get down quick
  11. Healiez Augur

Or have a non KoS mage box, and just run down and coth your team.

Or bind a mage and gate and coth your team.

Problem is the best places to coth to setup have a few pathers, so the non KoS option is better.
  12. Kiaro Augur

AoC for Chardok Royals so you can get 1 cleric epic and 1 warrior epic a week?
    orrrrrrrr have royals with a 2 hour respawn and have them spawn on pick up, so you can easily farm 5+ epics every 2 hours during Kunark.

Let me think which is more beneficial for those classes (which tend to be the most populated in guilds)
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

/thread
  14. Creepin Lorekeeper

They really should add an AoC for chardok even if its just for rizlona just for this round of TLPs.

The state of rizlona atm is that if a raid boss drops items of value worth the time a 50 boxer will have it locked down 24/7 (naggy, vox, and even sometimes cazic) and the 50 boxers will just afk in the room until it spawns again too.

Just going for verina tomb for the enc epic atm you will see that around the clock it has a 20-50 boxer afk in its room just waiting for it to spawn. If this doesnt have an AoC a 20-50 boxer will have it farmed around the clock too in all the picks and even pick timing it. This is also going to put petitions on blast for those who dont care about the farm and just wanna finish the epic and be out so to prevent this I highly recommend adding an AoC.
  15. Protagonist Tank

[IMG]
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You are comparing 24+ hour spawns that do not spawn in picks, drop the most expensive items on the server, and require raid forces to kill vs. a handful of ~1.5 hour spawns that spawn immediately in new picks, drop mediocre loot except for their specific epic drops, and are 2 boxable. This comparison is terrible.
  17. Protagonist Tank

If only anyone could have predicted what it would be like on a server based off dreamweaver asking the question "What kind of server would appeal to people who like to bot?"
    Duder likes this.
  18. Creepin Lorekeeper

I will have zero issues getting my stuff, just figured itd be a lot less petitions and forum posts for Daybreak to have to deal with to just add in a little code and an AoC npc for the less fortunate. I imagine at this point they have put in more time and effort into responding to all the Chardok AoC requests then it would of took them to of just put the Chardok AoC in in the first place.